It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Woman dies for 27 mins and sees Heaven

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Strate8

Actually, there is no mystery about what happens to us after death and we have the cadaver farms to prove it. The stages of death are well recorded.
edit on 26-6-2019 by ThePolemicist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
All I gather from this is that when you starve the brain for oxygen, it invents pleasure.

Isn't there an entire sexual thing around that, where people choke themselves to get off?

Isn't the choking, part of a rape fantasy that depletes O2 to enhance pleasure through releasing control and reducing inhibition? Like Catholic school and other girls in sexuallly repressive environments like to be tied up (so they can claim they have to control) and spanked (as pre-emptive punishment, pre-pay for "sins" of the flesh)?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePolemicist

Actually, there is no mystery about what happens to us after death and we have the cadaver farms to prove it. The stages of death are well recorded.

Yes, you are a lump of cells. Your existence has zero meaning. Your entire being is just chemical reactions to stimuli and your personality is nothing more than a byproduct of that. You have no soul. The feeling of love is nothing more than a learned behavior of an animal coping with a social structure evolved for survival. Right and wrong has no true meaning other than physical consequences of getting caught by society in wrong doing.

You are an animal, no different than any other on this planet. One that deserves no better treatment than any other animal. Because in this world, deserve has nothing to do with anything because it is just a bunch of animals trying to survive until they meet their inevitable and inescapable fate. Death, dying of soulless cells, perish from this world and decomposing to complete nothingness. Less than alone, nothing but a memory to other animals who also will become nothing as well.

But while you were alive, you were a smart animal, you knew what was up. You were keenly aware of others stupid ignorance in believing something more. What fools they were to believe they were more than a blob of cells waiting to exit this mundane world like nothing more than a candle being blown out. Foolish they were to love and be loved, believe in a higher power. Fools to believe in morality, right and wrong. Fools to believe there is mystery to life, that it is anything more than happenstance that a big bang from nothing created something and that something turned into them.

edit on 26-6-2019 by Strate8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

No wonder you guys yearn to escape from your bodily prison. Besides, your prison is just a “blob of cells”, an “animal”, just “chemical reactions to stimuli”, “complete nothingness”.

No, you are something more, a soul, from a world far more perfect than this one. You are not an original and individual being, of which the world has never seen and will never see since, but you are one of the many immaterial ghosts temporarily trapped within them.

Love is not from this world, but from a world without form, a world of ghosts, because this one is empty, nothingness, meaningless, full of animals and blobs of cells, all of whom are incapable of love, creation, morality. Better to spit on this world so as to glorify the next.
edit on 26-6-2019 by ThePolemicist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: ignorant_ape

oh joy another atheist in a religious thread. As a non believer and won't label myself atheist I find NDEs very interesting since people share the same experience when their heart stops.

Also why don't induced coma patients who had serious trauma and on drugs and ventilation have the same experience? You seem to have all the answers.

And as a rational human being you should be asking if it is possible to meassure the chemical responses of the brain during such an event. Most likely its a last resort thing from the brain not wanting to die. So it floods the system... if we could determine that it is actually dmt that is being flushed, you could replicate the event while alive.

If not that, then the "heaven" everyone sees is the internet cafe in which we wake up after this 2 hour VR trip that we call life.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Why is so much atheism bias derailing what could be an a thoughtful conversation...?....I use to go on Paltalk but it got so childish mainly from biased atheists trolling or controlling the chat rooms it became a bunch of nonsense to listen to.
edit on 26-6-2019 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

You just made me think what if we "Our true self's" are actually on some other plane or planet in a drug/induced coma with our life force being projected to this realm into these bodies as some sort of punishment or training ..

Wow now that blows my mind because it is quite possible ...... Brings a whole new realism to the Matrix theory for me .

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
Why is so much atheism bias derailing what could be an a thoughtful conversation...?

I think it is a very welcome addition to a thread where without them we'd all be singing kumbaya...lol

I personally think there is more to tap from but I respect the science behind the functioning of our brain and the scepticism that comes along with it.

Peace
edit on 26-6-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
There is either life after death or no life after death when dealing with a subject like this.Starts with where your Faith on such matters stands.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JPtruther

Sounds like dmt to me.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Steveogold

what did she say

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Curious...
Some say we our simply the product of evolution and nothing else.
We live only to pass on our genes then die.
If our last moments are a drug induced trip, how does that benefit the evolutionary cycle?

If the brain knows it is dying, rather than flood the brain with drugs, why not just lights out?

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

Curious...
If our last moments are a drug induced trip, how does that benefit the evolutionary cycle?

If the brain knows it is dying, rather than flood the brain with drugs, why not just lights out?

That’s an interesting question and i’m very glad you thought to bring it up. I like to think about that with just about any aspect of life you can run into.

Although there can probably never be a definitive answer to that question, we can always speculate. It’s almost pointless to start with us though and try to infer from this end of evolution, as we are a very recent concoction in the path that the life on this planet has taken. I see all life on this planet as one thing, taking many different forms. Chemistry is the powerhouse of all things, living and nonliving. There is not much difference between what makes a rock and what makes anything else. The biggest difference is the amount of chemical reactions taking place in the form. A rock has very few, a tree has quite a lot more, a worm even more, and then on to us. We have a lot of complex chemistry going on inside of us, there is actually more DNA in your body that is not you, than there is that is you. When you take into account your gut and skin bacteria, as well as all of the other life that keeps you healthy or is trying to eat you.

i don’t think evolution really guides itself in any meaningful way. Life is chemistry and chemicals and molecules will bond with whatever they can. If an element or a molecule encounters something that it Can bond with, it does.

Anyways, i haven’t answered your question at all. I’ll make another post.
edit on 26-6-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

Curious...

If the brain knows it is dying, rather than flood the brain with drugs, why not just lights out

As i said above, there is no definitive answer, but we can speculate based on what facts we know about the process. It seems that it’s not an observed fact that people create The molecule in their pineal glands, but it has been seen in mouse brains. The problem is that we can’t just cut a human’s head open while they are in the act of dieing and observe it. But we can do that to mice, and they do. So let’s talk about mice for a minute and see if any of these reasons can be related back to us, or even for all mammals, and maybe reptiles.

First off, the most obvious to me, is that dieing has got to suck. Like arguably the worst thing that can happen to you. And some little critters go out in bad ways. Imagine actually being eaten by a cat. It presses down on your little body with it’s back teeth to break a few bones so you can’t run away. Then it plays with you for a while until you’re not moving around anymore. You’re probably in the same state of mind that this woman is. Barely alive. Just layin there, knowing your only seconds away from darkness,

but instead of being conscious of all of this suckage, you’re on a cloud hanging out with rat jesus at the gates of a guilded cage with fresh water and plenty of whatever Tf rats eat in heaven. Over there is your rat mom and all your dead rat friends you’ve been missing.

That sounds like something a brain would do.
edit on 26-6-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
Why is so much atheism bias derailing what could be an a thoughtful conversation...?....I use to go on Paltalk but it got so childish mainly from biased atheists trolling or controlling the chat rooms it became a bunch of nonsense to listen to.

I'm an atheist. But I am not a materialist. I also believe that our spirit lives eternally. Where it goes and what it does after we "die" is a mystery, but I believe we are forever conscious regardless of our fate here. I do not need to believe in a god to believe this. There are way too many accounts -- yes they are "anecdotal" but such is good enough for a court -- to be fantasy. And the claim that "it's just our brains trying to comfort us/ prevent us from getting upset/ stay alive" is a massive pile of BS. Not a single shred of evidence to back that up. Not even anecdotal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join