It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Navy Frigate Passes Florida Straights and Docks at Havana, Cuba

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Yes I see the Russians are stopping by for a visit a little closer to home. There was also a Russian plane doing the rounds in Venezuela again.

At least the USS Jason Dunham is patrolling the straights keep an eye on the situation. They better not be trying to smuggle a vending machine nuke into our ports!

Yörük Işık
‏Verified account @YorukIsik

Jun 23

Russian Air Force returns to #Venezuela: RuAF 223rd Flight Unit Ilyushin Il62M arrived to Caracas Simón Bolívar International Airport #Maiquetía 08:45Z

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Nice videos!

I wouldn't read too much into it. That frigate is a sitting duck.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Not a big deal lots of things underwater to keep an eye on it from.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   

This isn't the Cuba Missile Crisis and we aren't blockading. Do the Russians get freaked out when we go into the Black Sea or Baltic Ports? You watch but everyone has the same rights in international waters.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

What!
And nobody shot anything explosive?

Knowing the current condition of the Russian navy it will probably sink all by itself.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
What's the big deal? Happens all of the time. A few years ago a Russian cruiser made a port call in San Diego. I hope they enjoy their liberty.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Yes I see the Russians are stopping by for a visit a little closer to home. There was also a Russian plane doing the rounds in Venezuela again.

At least the USS Jason Dunham is patrolling the straights keep an eye on the situation. They better not be trying to smuggle a vending machine nuke into our ports!

Yörük Işık
‏Verified account @YorukIsik

Jun 23

Russian Air Force returns to #Venezuela: RuAF 223rd Flight Unit Ilyushin Il62M arrived to Caracas Simón Bolívar International Airport #Maiquetía 08:45Z

Nothing new....but only 90 miles south of Florida's Key West...that's been un-nevering since the 1960's

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I hope Cuba put their voting machines away.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

What!
And nobody shot anything explosive?

Knowing the current condition of the Russian navy it will probably sink all by itself.

Blow up like my friend's SS 454 Chevelle ?

(I saw the ship's number and then read your post. Brought back fond memories.)
edit on 6/25/2019 by NightFlight because: further thoughts...

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Russian sailors on Libo is a scary scary thought haha.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Jacksonsman1

In 1986 I was in the Air Wing on the Forrestal. We pulled into Palermo Sicily. There was a Soviet cruiser in port at the same time. We were warned about causing trouble with the Soviet sailors. I was sitting at a cafe near Fleet Landing. Across the way there were a bunch of Soviet sailors at a few tables, pooling their money together to buy beer. A pitcher of beer cost about 2000 lira. At the time I was getting 1200 lira to the dollar. I called a waitress over and gave her a $20 and told her to buy as much beer as she could for that and take it over to them. She did and apparently they asked her where it came from and she pointed to me. Four of them came over to me. I think that they were the senior guys, thanked me and gave me a hat which I still have. We killed some beer and then I went back to the ship. Spent the next day filling out contact reports.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I still have a bunch of pins and post cards from the Tu-154 guys that would occasionally come through. It was interesting to see how differently they handled things. They pulled into parking with hot brakes one trip and wanted the fire department to spray water on them to cool them off. We were like, "Uh.....no". Heh

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Need a reminder of US assets in Europe and the middle east?

Don't throw stones when you live in a greenhouse...

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

In the early 80s the Saudis bought a squadron of patrol boats loosely based on the Phoenix hydrofoils, although the Saudi boats didn't have the foils.

My ship was tasked with being their "mother hen" for the Atlantic crossing and we shepherded them all the way to the Suez. We made port with them in Morocco, Algiers, Tunis and Alexandria. There were Soviet ships in all those ports and our crews always tracked each other down to share large quantities of alcohol (in the countries that allowed it) with general conversation and swapping of mementos. I still have several items in a drawer somewhere.

My shipmates and I never paid a dime in port. Every time we went to buy something one of the Saudi crew showed up and paid whatever it cost. I wish I could say the rest of the Med cruise went as well, but that was the summer of 1983. Things went bad shortly after.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Montana

I was in the Med in 83. I know what you are talking about. I was in Turkey waiting for my ship to arrive, when the Marine barracks went. I was flown to the JFK and stayed on her for a few weeks. I was fresh out of training.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
We were heading for port in Haifa when it went down. Immediate diversion to Beirut did a 180 and went flank (which for us was a whole 25) launched our Sea Knights and spent the next week in the harbor, we finally left when the Ike got there. I carried things that week I never want to carry again.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Those were some really cool stories about your service guys, I enjoy reading about encounters like that.

And the good news which is completely unrelated to this thread,. But was clearly k own to a handful, is that the American pilot shot down over Libya last month has been released, partly or mostly really thanks to our Saudi allies. See,. Those relationships come in handy sometimes.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   
This is a non-story. Goodwill visits like this happen all the time.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka
Well then go gossip about Mueller if this is so disinteresting to yous. I mean I. Bet people will say the same thing about the sabotage of six underwater oil pipelines at a Syrian marine terminal happening on the same day as the explosion at the oldest refi dry in the USA in Philly (last Saturday).

I don't even. Think ats even knows how to conspiracy anymore. Did you know Nicaragua has just arrested four men working for ISIS?? Russians in the Western hemisphere with impunity, and now ISIS is showing up on our doorstep?

Certainly you have seen me write this more than once on here, and it bears repeating in bold.
ISIS shows up where global military rivalries collide. it happened in Philippines shortly after duterte nearly threw himself at xi ji ping, in Syria where turkey, Israel, the GCC and most of NATO have already carved it up, Yemen shorttly after Saudi countered Iran proxy agression, in Libya where a dozen foreign states are competing in two different sides, and now here in the heart of the West where Russia is encroaching.

The flashpoint is so close now I can taste the sulpher. You may choose to ignore seemingly unrelated isolated incidents happening in the world, but some of us dare to connect dots and raise questions still.

ISIS belongs to nobody and everybody at the same time. I mean #, many of the real fighters are not even doing so under free will. They are being played like avatars using technology like magneto thermal stimulation.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Panty twisting for all lmfao!

Checked under your bed and closet ? may be a Russian monster living in there!

lmao love how lots of you react like this but think nothing of doing the same all the time and even act offended if called on

And people saying things like "it may sink on its own" is more like someone butt hurt would say. If the US has better stuff and feel nice about then no need to speak bad like that. That talk is for losers and butt hurt people, because people with honor know how to respect. But whatever

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join