It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRAN Says It Will Never Negotiate With The U.S. While Sanctions Are In Place.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   
June 25, 2019

Iran is dashing President Trump's hopes that sanctions will restart negotiations, like they did between the U.S. and North Korea:

Iran’s Foreign Ministry said in a tweet today that the new U.S. sanctions that target Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and other Iranian officials permanently end any chance of diplomacy between countries.

Abbas Mousavi took to Twitter to call out President Trump’s latest decision to impose additional sanctions and said the sanctions means “closing channel of diplomacy forever."

The comment was followed by Iranian President Rouhani, who mocked the White House and said it is "afflicted by mental retardation." Rouhani spoke live in a televised address on Tuesday.
More at: www.foxnews.com...

It's a well-known fact that sanctions only hurt average citizens. We get upset when 1 immigrant child dies at the US-Mexican border, yet many are dying in Iran, due to the harsh sanctions we've imposed on their country.

What's needed in Iran is "normal" leadership that doesn't export murder and terror all over the world.

What should the U.S. and global community do to effect that change, with minimal bloodshed?

I say "drone" top leaders, and let the people choose their President via a national election. How about you?

-CareWeMust

edit on 6/25/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:30 AM
link   
In other words, Iran's leadership are people who refuse to acknowledge their own lunacy, or the wrongs they do, and wish to be rewarded for that lunacy rather than be sorry for it and become people the rest of the world could respect.

Seems to be a global disease happening worldwide this year.
Sad.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Yes..Iran's leaders are the #1 exporter of terrorism on the planet. Over the past 30 years, the same radicals at the top of Iran's government have directly and indirectly killed thousands of people all over the world.

They must be removed. There's no need to "obliterate" the country, like President Trump warns. Today's technology can zero in and surgically "remove" the terrorists...one at a time, if need be.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

There's no need to "obliterate" the country, like President Trump warns. Today's technology can zero in and surgically "remove" the terrorists...one at a time, if need be.

While this is true, there is no promise the next leader is better.
Diplomacy is the best option. Always.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Ironic, as this is a negotiation tactic.

"Iran will always negotiate with the US, and their first demand in the negotiations is that the US remove sanctions."

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
Ironic, as this is a negotiation tactic.

"Iran will always negotiate with the US, and their first demand in the negotiations is that the US remove sanctions."

And every single time America has caved in to Iran on pretty much anything, they then back step and grab the goodies, and then thumb their noses at America and issue new threats and insults.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:23 AM
link   

What's needed in Iran is "normal" leadership that doesn't export murder and terror all over the world.

Fully agree. Unfortunately I do not see that happening while America it there. How can a nation that performs a state sponsored act of terrorism upon itself claim to have any understanding of justice?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   

It's a well-known fact that sanctions only hurt average citizens. We get upset when 1 immigrant child dies at the US-Mexican border, yet many are dying in Iran, due to the harsh sanctions we've imposed on their country.

Are many people dying in Iran due to the sanctions levelled by the US, the EU and other nations? Are food and pharmaceuticals prohibited? No. Plus, Iran is free to import food as they see fit. They just cannot import stuff to help their nuclear ambitions, which have been well documented and exposed.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Every single time I see the word "negotiate" , especially with places like Iran, I think how much we need Bruce Willis to perform that "negotiation"
Ala "The Fifth Element Style"
"Now , who else wants to negotiate"

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

There's no need to "obliterate" the country, like President Trump warns. Today's technology can zero in and surgically "remove" the terrorists...one at a time, if need be.

While this is true, there is no promise the next leader is better.
Diplomacy is the best option. Always.

Based on what Iran's leadership is saying, we'd better start pulling a coalition together that supports "removing" current leadership. Needless lives are lost while we wait for a miracle that will most likely never come.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Then why were they having mass marches of disobedience and protests all over Iran last year, before the govt shut them down?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev

Fully agree. Unfortunately I do not see that happening while America it there. How can a nation that performs a state sponsored act of terrorism upon itself claim to have any understanding of justice?

America is not (officially) in Iran. The current leadership has ordered, or funded, terrorists attacks that have killed thousands of people over the past 30 years.

I suppose could turn a blind-eye to that, unless it starts affecting U.S. citizens.

If our allies don't want to help the U.S. confront Iran, then perhaps we should just ignore what they do. Focus on making America even greater, even faster!

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Yes..Iran's leaders are the #1 exporter of terrorism on the planet. Over the past 30 years, the same radicals at the top of Iran's government have directly and indirectly killed thousands of people all over the world.

They must be removed. There's no need to "obliterate" the country, like President Trump warns. Today's technology can zero in and surgically "remove" the terrorists...one at a time, if need be.

You mixed something up here, i will correct it for you:

Yes..USA´s leaders are the #1 exporter of terrorism on the planet. Over the past 30 years, the same radicals at the top of USA's government have directly and indirectly killed hundreds of thousands of people all over the world.

They must be removed. There's no need to "obliterate" the country, like the sane world warns. Today's technology can zero in and surgically "remove" the terrorists...one at a time, if need be.

You are welcome.

But there is one question left, do the US american people not see what the world is thinking about the USA and it´s only left and best friends Saudi Arabia and Israel (called the axis of evil in the sane world), or don´t they want to see what is going on outside of the USA, that nobody outside of the axis of evil believes any of their lies anymore, and rather still dream of being superiour?

The sane world outside of Boltons and Pompeos Trump USA hopes that Pompeos dream comes true:

“We’ll be talking with them about how to make sure that we are all strategically aligned, and how we can build out a global coalition, a coalition not only throughout the Gulf states, but in Asia and in Europe, that understands this challenge as it is prepared to push back against the world’s largest state sponsor of terror,”

And isn´t it treason, when Pompeo calls for a coalition against the USA? But he is right, the next coalition of the willing should stop the real worlds greatest sponsor of terror, creator of chaos, destruction, misery, the world greatest selfish liar and warmongerer. The coalition of the willing should stop the worlds greatest threat for peace on earth, the USA.

NOW!

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

America is not (officially) in Iran. The current leadership has ordered, or funded, terrorists attacks that have killed thousands of people over the past 30 years.

American foreign policy is well and truly in Iran. Killing thousands over 30 years, ok. How many has America killed with its laws of capital punishment in its lands over that time? All nations with capital punishment do it, some better than others.

As an Allie I am just looking for a fair go. I know nuclear weapons suck. I don't see how we could possibility keep a secure grip on it unless the world does work together on it. Iran, and others picking up their weapon production was a natural consequence in America dropping the international non proliferation treaty.

As an Allie, I am sick and tied of seeing big brother act like little brother. Please wake up before you kill us all.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I remember this kid back in the 70s who was the biggest school bully you could ever imagine...

Always picking on those that he thought weaker than him and always getting his way.

I was the small whimpy guy at school and he picked on me from the age of 7 until I was around 14... waiting for me before and after school outside the school gates.

And then at around the age of about 14 and with broader shoulders I thought to myself “Right... that’s it...”

Going into school one morning with that horrible sensation of fear in my stomach there he was as usual awaiting his list of victims and as usual when he saw me he cornered me and started the usual ritual of demanding my dinner money or else.

His last kick in the shin was his very last for me... I SAW THE RED MIST...

I laid into that big fat twat like a rabid pit bull... kicking, head butting, biting, punching with all the force I had... kicked his smarmy, arrogant bastard bullying head in...

It was a great feeling to see him whimpering and crying and hear him call out for his mum that day.

He never bullied anyone ever again at school after that day!

I heard that about 10 years later he was stabbed in the heart by his wife and died (He was a wife beater too)

KARMA... just saying

Lags

edit on 25-6-2019 by Lagomorphe because: Crap spelling

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Can't we get a twitter banning sanction?

These ppl are terrorism supporters, as well as murderers and hunan rights violators.

Ppl get twitter banned for being "politically incorrect".

Please explain this to me, as I do not understand the logic.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   

It is up to the Iranian people to remove the current leadership or continue as they are....no-one has the authority or even moral responsibility to interfere in the governing of another sovereign country.

If you were being consistent you would also be calling for the armed intervention and overthrow of the current Chinese administration and the governments of numerous other countries around the world.

And Iran is NOT the biggest exporter and supporter of terrorism around the world, that 'honour' goes to Saudi Arabia a country whose record on human rights abuse also far exceeds that of Iran....but they buy # loads of weapons and armaments etc from the US and 'the west'.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   

What should the U.S. and global community do to effect that change, with minimal bloodshed?

I say "drone" top leaders, and let the people choose their President via a national election. How about you?

Unless Khamenei or Rhouhani orders their military to open fire on protestors like Assad did in Syria, Iran's citizens need to make change for themselves. Sanctions should stay in place. If change requires citizens to rise up against current leadership, that's what they need to do. Rhouhani is the elected president. He appeared more moderate, but deep down he's just another Ahmadinejad without all the verbal bluster. There is no negotiating with Iran. As with Hamas, it's worthless and a waste of time.

edit on 25-6-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Then why were they having mass marches of disobedience and protests all over Iran last year,....

If the people of another nation were being drip fed only coverage of the numerous anti-Trump protests that occur in the US they would get the impression that the USA was very much against Trump and was ready to rise up against him....I'm regularly assured that nothing could be further from the truth.

I really should start a thread on the intricacies of Iranian politics and society.

edit on 25/6/19 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Don't worry.
3d chess.
Thrumps the best deal maker.
This was the plan all along.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join