It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Signs EO As A "Workaround" On Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Great. There's nothing like bargain surgery.

Yeah. Total rip-off (no pun intended) when we can keep it unaffordable. I can't believe this guy in the White House would try to make things better for Americans. What a selfish ass hole he is. UGH!

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: scojak

Like that big board they have at the service center for Ford.
Oil change $
Tire rotation $
Tune up $$
breaks $$
transmission $$$
etc......

But then they do give you that booklet of coupons to use.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

My itemized bill for giving birth to my youngest son born in 95 showed tylenol two caps $25.00

And I never even took any.

They charged for an epidural which I also never had. Somewhere around $1200.00 I think.
But I did get them to remove those items as I was paying part out of pocket.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

I'll get an emergency room visit or two, maybe three that i'll never be able to pay

Wait...I thought now that trump is president everything is roses and lollipops. His tax breaks have made everyone comfortable if not rich. Health care shoud be no problem now.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

BOGO.... refer a friend.
edit on 6252019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I'd never drive a Ford since they are renowned for their built-in obsolescence, but I'll take your word for it.

Then again, I'd also never go to a dealer for repairs.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Sookiechacha

It requires that pricing (base cost as well as co-pays) be provided before services are provided. The idea is that this will stimulate competition which will result in lower prices.

Doesn't have much to do with the ACA, actually.

Agreed... in fact, since it is transparent and designed to lower costs via promotion of competition, it is actually the antithesis of the ACA.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Then you'll just get the companies colluding to fix prices.

That's a valid concern, and one that Congress will have to do their job and ensure doesn't continue to happen as has been happening under the current system.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

originally posted by: chr0naut
You'll still be billed $2k.

It's just that your financial worries will now coincide with your health worries.

Gotta love it that everyone in government there is saying 'healthcare' and really they are talking about different money making schemes.

I'd much prefer to know and agree to getting screwed, rather than being lured into it and being told afterward.

Sounds an awful lot like consensual sex vs. rape.

Why should other countries who are poorer, have better quality universal healthcare, and America doesn't?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

It's just that your financial worries will now coincide with your health worries.

Gotta love it that everyone in government there is saying 'healthcare' and really they are talking about different money making schemes.

I'd much prefer to know and agree to getting screwed, rather than being lured into it and being told afterward.

Why should other countries who are poorer, have better quality universal healthcare, and America doesn't?

Because they're also far, far, FAR less culturally diverse than the USA is. That's a simple fact, the USA lacks the homogeneous priorities and cultural pressures a near uniform country has in excess.

Look at the top 10 ranked healthcare ranked

1 – Iceland

2 – Norway

3 – Netherlands

4 – Luxembourg

5 – Australia

6 – Finland

7 – Switzerland

8 – Sweden

9 – Italy

10 – Andorra

Look at the countries ranked by ethnic and cultural diversity score

Andorra and Luxumbourg aren't on that list at all, but the 8 countries that are on both are very telling... Sweden is the highest ranked of the 8 at the 128th most cultural/ethnically diverse country out of 159 mapped. Next highest is OZ at 140th. Meanwhile, the USA is at 85th. Plus, if you play around with the columns on that Wiki page, you'll notice the US is the second most religiously fractionalized country on their list... this socialized crap does not work in the USA because we are not a melting pot, we're a smorgasboard. The "our diversity is our greatest strength" narrative is only partially correct, our diversity is also a great weakness.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Because they're also far, far, FAR less culturally diverse than the USA is. That's a simple fact, the USA lacks the homogeneous priorities and cultural pressures a near uniform country has in excess.

Look at the top 10 ranked healthcare ranked

1 – Iceland

2 – Norway

3 – Netherlands

4 – Luxembourg

5 – Australia

6 – Finland

7 – Switzerland

8 – Sweden

9 – Italy

10 – Andorra

Look at the countries ranked by ethnic and cultural diversity score

Andorra and Luxumbourg aren't on that list at all, but the 8 countries that are on both are very telling... Sweden is the highest ranked of the 8 at the 128th most cultural/ethnically diverse country out of 159 mapped. Next highest is OZ at 140th. Meanwhile, the USA is at 85th. Plus, if you play around with the columns on that Wiki page, you'll notice the US is the second most religiously fractionalized country on their list... this socialized crap does not work in the USA because we are not a melting pot, we're a smorgasboard. The "our diversity is our greatest strength" narrative is only partially correct, our diversity is also a great weakness.

They are all the same species regardless of culture.

The same healthcare that works on one, works on the other. The diseases of one are the same as afflict the other.

Very little of our medicine is phenotypically based.

The argument is invalid and irrelevant.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

The same healthcare that works on one, works on the other. The diseases of one are the same as afflict the other.

Wow... way to conflate things. :rolleyes: I never said anything about species, cultural priorities absolutely matter. Look at it this way, in Japan (#1 ranked health system on most lists) 98.4% are native born Japanese (in ethnicity and nationality). 52% are irreligious and 35% are Buddhist (which plays and works well with irreligious). This means that, right out of the gate, Japan has highly shared values and priorities because their populace has a very widely, tightly shared background. It has nothing to do with the medicine administered, it has to do with the prioritization of healthy practices, funding, values, and whether or not you have large numbers of individuals who will ultimately monopolize the system.

The US has individuals who will and do monopolize the system... there is no shame in the US. Your neighbor isn't encouraged to mock someone who overdoses on pills once a month. If you see somebody participating in risky behavior, you're expected to mind your business and swallow the bill when it rolls down to you to take responsibility for the asshat who's in the ER every other week. The USA has a great level of care available to people and that's part of the problem... that care has gone towards people natural selection is trying her hardest to remove from the gene pool, but this country is too busy saving people from themselves. People who did not and will not prioritize self responsibility above their own individual demons as other, more homogeneous nations have successfully done.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Wow... way to conflate things. :rolleyes: I never said anything about species, cultural priorities absolutely matter. Look at it this way, in Japan (#1 ranked health system on most lists) 98.4% are native born Japanese (in ethnicity and nationality). 52% are irreligious and 35% are Buddhist (which plays and works well with irreligious). This means that, right out of the gate, Japan has highly shared values and priorities because their populace has a very widely, tightly shared background. It has nothing to do with the medicine administered, it has to do with the prioritization of healthy practices, funding, values, and whether or not you have large numbers of individuals who will ultimately monopolize the system.

The US has individuals who will and do monopolize the system... there is no shame in the US. Your neighbor isn't encouraged to mock someone who overdoses on pills once a month. If you see somebody participating in risky behavior, you're expected to mind your business and swallow the bill when it rolls down to you to take responsibility for the asshat who's in the ER every other week. The USA has a great level of care available to people and that's part of the problem... that care has gone towards people natural selection is trying her hardest to remove from the gene pool, but this country is too busy saving people from themselves. People who did not and will not prioritize self responsibility above their own individual demons as other, more homogeneous nations have successfully done.

You still have not made a cogent enough case to explain why the US is one of the very few countries in the world who do not have universal healthcare.

There are countries with greater ethnic diversity (by any measure) than the US, and who are less well off, but they still have universal healthcare. It is simply an idea whose time has come (some decades ago). Placing your heads in the sand and ignoring the facts, quoting irrelevancies, is not going to help.

Insurance can be part of healthcare, but it is not healthcare. In fact, in establishing universal healthcare, propping up the insurance industry is counter-productive.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Well, those kind of commercials would be an improvement over the commercials I am seeing here currently locally, which are often nebulous, involve car insurance, or are focused on children *shrug*

At least healthcare is a 'real' concern.

edit on 25-6-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: changed. one. word. *BAM*

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
All I know is I'm sick to death (I couldn't get that lucky yet) of everyone knowing what's best for me except for me. OK. That's not all I know but that's practically all I know. Which is why I'm broke and need healthcare that doesn't care.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   
America needs far more than a workaround to ObamaCare. We need a full-blown replacement.

A U.S. appeals court is preparing to agree with a lower court that ruled ObamaCare as Unconstitutional.

www.msn.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join