It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Left Is Trying To Convince People Our Border Facilities Are Concentration Camps

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

How are they "detaining" excessive amounts of people against their will" when those people, knowing the consequences of their actions still chose to come to the USA illegally?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

How are they "detaining" excessive amounts of people against their will" when those people, knowing the consequences of their actions still chose to come to the USA illegally?

Are you really asking me how they are "detaining" excessive amounts of people against their will? Seriously?

Just because they came here illegally doesnt mean they wanted to be detained. Ask them all, I bet none of them will say they want to be detained.

What kind of questions is that?

The point was, to come here and live a happy life without being detained and eventually work towards citizenship once they can qualify and have the money to pay for the process.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The confederacy was a geopolitical dream, it was a southern one, that was actually first thought up before the declaration of independence was signed off.

Now let us fast forward a bit to the end of civil war when Democrats were slowly losing their grip on the geopolitical climate a bit. Many of the democrats of the time weren't actually for "america" they still had in their head that the south was an almost separate entity, to the point secret cults and yea, 'clans' were made, the KKK didn't manifest in the governments of Democrats, it was built by former Confederate loyalists.

Now lets fast forward a bit more, to the new rise in Confederate loyalty, the shift of Democrat strongholds were slowly shifting from Southern states to the northern ones, the second rise of the KKK is a good indication of this, all the way up to the Jim Crow era. It seems that the geopolitical stage played a much bigger role into why Democrats have had a past of I guess, racism. But again it brings up the main argument, are you going to blame the Rwandan genocide on the modern French and Belgians who literally created such a catastrophe?
Are we going to blame the Spanish, Portuguese and British for the slave trade?

So keeping the history of politics out of all this where does the philosophy of politics fit within' the model of racism and politics?

If we are going to get literal here, you're wrong. The philosophy behind left leaning political views is to the be free of the clutches of the past, to resist conservatism and embrace change in order to build a new society. This is exactly the mindset that the Democrats have championed because of the shady past they have, to become different and not live in the past.

Left thinkers are extremely post modernists, to a point where Hegelian dialectic is embraced, this does not fit within' the old model of what the democrats represented, which was at one point that Slavery was the only economic choice to bring profit.
I'd like you to compare someone like Bernie Sanders to say, Jefferson Davis.
And then say to yourself, are they even on the same level? No they aren't.

Removing the US political system from the philosophy of left versus right, really does bring to light many questions as to why people will think the way they do, or why people lean towards one partisanship or the other. It also shows that political parties are not set in stone, and where the voter base resides really does play a massive part in democracy.

The bottom line is this. Republicans of today mostly reside in the democrats of the past, and vise versa.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Yes seriously. Yes they are detaining excessive amounts of people. I think we can agree there.

It's the against their will, that I disagree.

While I can concede most probably would prefer to not be detained. They entered the country knowing this was a possibility. Therefor not against their will, as they still chose to come in, and rolled the dice.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

If you had a slight, even slim chance of a better life, would you take the chance?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

If you had a slight, even slim chance of a better life, would you take the chance?

I don't blame anyone looking for a better life.
It's human nature.

What I don't like is people coming here and milking the system, "a system that allows such abuse".
I've talked to many people in the medical field and have heard the stories of bills that will never be paid.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Certainly. I have done so many times over in my life.
What I have not done is break the law while doing so.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Law aside, and I understand it. Humans will always want to migrate and seek opportunity, it's in our blood.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Still avoiding the FDR quandary, aren't you?

You can talk out of your ass on pre-modern political alignments all you wish, it's already been agreed on by me. That does not change the fact that, pertinent to the OP discussion, the father of the progressive movement and a man all of your current Pez dispenser pundits have bestowed sainthood on, did what Trump is accused of in reality, to American citizens, and on a massive and Unconstitutional scale.

You've lost this argument, dude. You're scrambling and it shows. I boxed you in with FDR and there is honestly no graceful way for you to keep trying to salvage your party's position or their crippled saint.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Doesn't quite work that way... I think, irregardless of the legality, or lack of same, of their immigration status...they are most assuredly being held against their will.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Doesn't quite work that way... I think, irregardless of the legality, or lack of same, of their immigration status...they are most assuredly being held against their will.

It's certainly not my best argument on this website.
But their will was to get to the USA by any means possible. And here they are.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   

True enough. Like everyone else who breaks a law, of whatever sort, they don't think they'll be caught. They're too smart, or too lucky, or too something...when they really aren't.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I've also heard argument that even in the position they are in, they are still better off than where they came from.
If that is true, that is a very sad state of affairs for this day and age.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   
MEXICO deploys 15,000 Troops to the US-Mex border.

twitter.com...

Meanwhile, our very own Congress wants a pay-raise... for doing what?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   

your excuses blithley gnore the fact that none of the nations you cite - actually declared war on the ASA , further - and critically - democrati presidents were in power1960 ~ 1968 - which covers cuba and vietnam [ partially ]

and last - do you actually believe that a republican president in 1941 - would have vetoed the internment amps order ???

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   

War time measures arent comparable to what's happening now.

Also, if you read my first post you'd see your arguments using FDR is redundant. Hence why I didnt even touch it. Maybe if you actually replied in s correct linear way instead of jumping all over the place you'd be able to see what I was getting at.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   
32 mnths since Donald Trump was elected President of the USA. 32 months of constant media bashing and willing parrots spreading their hatred 24/7 and not able to get over the election result. Here is the impact of all that:

Trump's favourability has gone up... significantly since the day before he actually won the Presidency.
That, ladies and gentlemen, is a monumental failure on the part of the MSM and their parrots. Their outpouring of bitterness and hate has not worked.

edit on 25/6/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Concentration Camp, yes.

Nazi Death Camp, no. However there are too many stories in the news about children being abused, dying and not being taken care of properly while in custody.

www.merriam-webster.com...

concentration camp noun
Definition of concentration camp

: a place where large numbers of people (such as prisoners of war, political prisoners, refugees, or the members of an ethnic or religious minority) are detained or confined under armed guard —used especially in reference to camps created by the Nazis in World War II for the internment and persecution of Jews and other prisoners

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Nazi Death Camps killed people (including children), and those deaths weren't localized to merely executions but rather a large percentage was lack of medical care/poor nutrition/poor hygiene causing death from malnutrition and sickness.

The concentration/detention camps at the boarder already have a string of children dying from the same causes as the Nazi death camps. At what point are folks just splitting hairs over semantics when the end results are identical?
edit on 26am19famTue, 25 Jun 2019 09:22:29 -0500America/ChicagoTue, 25 Jun 2019 09:22:29 -0500 by Wayfarer because: grammar

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

The concentration/detention camps at the boarder already have a string of children dying from the same causes as the Nazi death camps.

The absolutely moronic state of mind that is required to make such an accusation, seriously, is disturbing. It's bad enough that not only are most of the deaths that happened in ICE custody actually caused by things that happened to these people before they were taken into ICE custody. It's like saying the US is a war zone becuase there are more shooting deaths in america each year than there were in afghanistan. It's just idiocy on parade.

At what point are folks just splitting hairs over semantics when the end results are identical?

LMAO. You're a sick, pathetic person if you actually believe that.
edit on 25-6-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join