It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google minipulates for their own narrative

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

This is an interview with a supposed insider explaining how google minipulates search results to push their agenda. I can't tell if the insider is real but it does have interviews from high-position google employees who are shown with a hidden camera. It also has supposed leaked documents for employees only.

Every couple months or so, it seems like we are learning how facebook, twitter, and google (including YouTube) are minipulating data and selling our information. It's of course not just the big names, but also smaller (yet popular) companies like yahoo that sell their user's information to third parties.

Edit : removed ATS join question as it might distract from the main topic.
edit on 24-6-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Just saw this pop up in my YouTube feed lmao, guess it must be because I'm subscribed to Project Veritas, I doubt the algorithm will naturally circulate this video. Only a few minutes in but it looks great so far, been waiting for something like this covering Google, they've already covered the bias at most other major social media companies.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

So their no different to the overwhelming majority then.

No surprises there.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Google has decided that conservatives have had too much to think, therefore cheat.

1984 is their instruction manual.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Edit : removed off-topic post as this topic already is big enough.
edit on 24-6-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yea.. I don't think it's on the level of complete information supression, but it certainly is being minipulated. Luckily, a lot of people are complaining and hopefully getting google, Facebook, and twitter to change their minds.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Sublimecraft
Luckily, a lot of people are complaining and hopefully getting google, Facebook, and twitter to change their minds.

"we've been called in front of congress multiple times, like they can pressure us but we're not changing"
Gen Gennai - Head of responsible innovation, Google.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

So basically they are acting like the New York times...
All the news that suits "our" views..

Really its something I've noticed already. I search for an article and it get placed way down on the search results even though I typed in the exact headline.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
On a related note, I saw this video earlier today which discusses why alternatives to YouTube will very rarely succeed but I think it also shows how YouTube wont even stay afloat long term, especially if they continue implementing algorithms which harm watch time and keep banning independent creators.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Don't use Google search then. Use what gives you the search results you like.

You decorate your house the way you want to, not the way Google wants you to... Vice versa....

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Don't know why people don't switch to vimeo to post vids!

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Sheesh this "fairness" wording has to be some of the most deceptive double speak I've ever heard. Almost as good as EA's "surprise mechanics".

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
apparently project veritas just got booted from reddit today i.redd.it... they must not be happy with the headlines

www.newsweek.com... and pintrest got an article about the censorship they do today too

My illusions vanished when I saw Pinterest fall in line with the other Big Tech companies in its crackdown on content that went against the social agenda of my colleagues in Silicon Valley. I saw the normalization of censorship. Pinterest's covert censorship of pro-lifers, Christians and conservatives has been exposed. Live Action, one the nation's largest pro-life organizations, has been blocked by Pinterest. Users cannot make posts that link to Live Action and are not given a clear error message when they try. Go ahead and try it yourself on Pinterest. Other conservative sites, like ZeroHedge.com and PJMedia.com, have also been kept off Pinterest. When the Project Veritas exposé about my findings was released earlier this month, Pinterest was faced with a choice: Correct the behavior and pledge to be a neutral platform or double-down and declare these pro-life organizations and websites peddlers of bannable misinformation. Pinterest chose the latter.

edit on 24-6-2019 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   
It seems either Google or Project Veritas just removed the video... I think I know which is more likely.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Because loose lips sink ships...Google is in full-on Protect Mode.

BREAKING: YOUTUBE/GOOGLE HAS REMOVED OUR GOOGLE INVESTIGATION as it was approaching 50K likes and a million views. IMPORTANT: Please download it on @bitchute and repost it.

Source - Project Veritas/James O'keefe: twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Where is the advanced CT section this junior high Nancy Drew stuff is annoying

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   
But “The Russians” influenced the election

Yeah right

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Because loose lips sink ships...Google is in full-on Protect Mode.

BREAKING: YOUTUBE/GOOGLE HAS REMOVED OUR GOOGLE INVESTIGATION as it was approaching 50K likes and a million views. IMPORTANT: Please download it on @bitchute and repost it.

Source - Project Veritas/James O'keefe: twitter.com...

Wow. They took that down fast. Thanks for sharing. Why isn't this on the front page of ATS???? Just more social justice controversy and political mumbo jumbo....

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
But “The Russians” influenced the election

Yeah right

They may have? Why is only one side right? ....

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prene
Where is the advanced CT section this junior high Nancy Drew stuff is annoying

You make no sense.

new topics

top topics

join