It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timeout : ( a tortured mind )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Reflective thinking:

Heres a poem from a young bloke who came from a very violent home, a home where daily violent bashings and psychological warfare were a given, a young bloke who lived in constant fear.

This poem is 35 years old and was authoured by myself at 15 yrs of age as i was coming to the realization that the world as i knew it had to not be all that there was.

I stumbled across my poem stashed away in my old hidyhole spot which I had forgotten about until my folks where moving home a few months ago and I was helping.

Incase others are at a cross road i thought it may help -

So here goes -

. As i drift through the dark i still see the light.
. I can see it somehow but it's still not that bright.
. For in the dark i seem to dwell.
. The fight for the light it hurts like hell.
. Good or bad or inbetween I'm undecided it still remains to be seen.
. Is there a call, if so what does it mean, so many complex environments none feel right to me.
. Through their eyes they selectively see, but I'm curious just what do i see, not near half as much as those looking at me.
. I wonder as my end approaches just who will i be, i guess it won't matter to much as i know I'll be me.
. Who i am i struggle to know, but i hold on with both hands tightly wherever I go.
. Wrestling between the dark and the light i don't wish upon you, but the great fight for that glimmer of light feels like a fight with more like around eight.
. A victim of circumstances or a victim of hate, I must seek the source of that glimmer of light before it's too late.
. The darkside seems to dwell within it may even be a battle i cannot win.
. But fight i will to my last breath as to go down fighting for the light, surely is not a sin.

Looking back now i think it's incredibly insightful for a young bloke who came from that kind of environment so i thought it worth putting out there for any young minds that may be struggling to shake their own demons.

Hope it helps if your struggling with turmoil.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Very thoughtful thread.
I think it should help others.

I wrote many such poems and writings after I lost my young wife to cancer.

Journaling was a great comfort...and I believe it had a real role in battling situational depression for many years.

It's greatest value, at least for me, was rereading passages I'd written in darkest times...long after I'd passed through the greatest darkness.

It shows us, in our own words, that "This, too, will pass."

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Very thoughtful thread.
I think it should help others.

I wrote many such poems and writings after I lost my young wife to cancer.

Journaling was a great comfort...and I believe it had a real role in battling situational depression for many years.

It's greatest value, at least for me, was rereading passages I'd written in darkest times...long after I'd passed through the greatest darkness.

It shows us, in our own words, that "This, too, will pass."

Thankyou, very kind of you.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
So...I saw your thread about the Pope. The initial paragraph was so full of misspellings and grammar errors that it made me curious. Reading through the thread, I thought you were maybe a high-schooler. So I looked up your profile. Perhaps that sad upbringing scarred you more than you realize. I'm sorry about that.

I think parenting is the most important thing in the world, and that every fertile human should be taught about how to do it right.
Have a great new year, CthruU. Take deep breaths, and empathize with your fellow humans. While you may not have been taught how to be a loving human, you know how, nevertheless. Right?

top topics

join