It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch: 1984 documentary about Special Operations Forces sounds oddly like 2019

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

by Jack Murphy · 1 day ago

In recent years, we’ve witnessed the Arab Spring, the Syrian Civil War, the Russian invasion of Ukraine, and an annexation of Crimea. Television news channels are nearly hysterical reporting about covert Russian influence campaigns in the United States. Think tanks and policy councils weigh in on these events and delivered a series of terms like “gray zone conflict” and “hybrid warfare” which ostensibly describe new developments in how conflicts are prosecuted by both state and non-state actors. But is this really a new form of warfare?

A 1984 documentary produced by the Department of Defense shows its age in many regards, featuring camo-clad soldiers acting out canned scenarios and shooting weapons from the hip, but the opening monologue will make you wonder how much has really changed. “There are many kinds of war,” it begins. “The total war which most Americans know as World War II is a almost pleasant memory…the issues were precise.”

1984 vs 2019

So I noticed this article, and was amazed as this theme is really in the public consciousness or group think.

Considering the odds, that one of us is thinking it then many others also are.

As that saying goes, every one is thinking it...

So where do we go from here?

Do we learn from the past and it's mistakes, or do we blindly ignore those lessons and remake them?

Learning the hard way and making the same mistakes is going to become fatal.

We don't have nine lives and shouldn't be so ignorant as to waste the trouble others went through because of our own ignorance.

We need to reverse this course before all of us go over the cliff....
edit on 24-6-2019 by ADVISOR because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I'm going to add as a second commentary to my original post, that we must keep in mind, that many if not all the current politicians today, have been in office one way or another since 1984 and prior.

So, what we have is the same old people who couldn't solve those issues yesterday, also unable to solve the issues today.

So it's no wonder literally nothing has changed since, because no one in DC has changed since then.

How can we expect different results when we as a Nation have literally done the same thing by re electing the same fools.

Nothing is going to change, until the corrupt career parasite politicians in DC are replaced.

These dinosaurs in Washington DC need to step aside, step down and move out of the way.

They have become a persistent form of stagnation, due to their own inability to accept they are the problem.
edit on 24-6-2019 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

Speaking of 1984, consider Google/Alphabet as the Ministry of Truth.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The full article is behind a paywall. In short, there is zero evidence of anybody in the Washington D.C or New Zealand beltways having learned historical lessons. Heck, the majority of Trump's detractors haven't taken the time to understand his political rise, little alone how to avoid WW3 breaking out over regional tensions in the Middle East.

I am not a fan of career politicians, they have no or little private sector experience. This lack of real world experience (mostly) explains why career politicians only succeed in getting re-elected.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to: xpert11

Not sure what happened here.

Any way again, bumped for posterity.
Times are repeating.

new topics

top topics

join