It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is Why You Can't Photograph a UFO Properly

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

The naked eye vs camera, here's a good read:

and if the light entering through our lens and onto our our retina's or a camera's lens is distorted by gravity then it would still look distorted.

it matter not how many pixels our eyes or a camera has.

another thing which would matter is where the light is coming from, is the UFO creating its own light or is it reflecting light.

also the medium at which the light is traveling through to reach our eyes or a camera lens,

a lot of moisture in the air can distort a bright spot of light to look hazy
edit on 24-6-2019 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

The naked eye vs camera, here's a good read:

and if the light entering through our lens and onto our our retina's or a camera's lens is distorted by gravity then it would still look distorted.

another thing which would matter is where the light is coming from, is the UFO creating its own light or is it reflecting light.

Supposedly all alien craft distort gravity yet many of us see it clearly with the naked eye, which can resolve reflection issues.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Supposedly all alien craft distort gravity yet many of us see it clearly with the naked eye, which can resolve reflection issues.

Reflection issues?

seeing the shape of a plane clearly in the sky is due to the plane reflecting light

Seeing a plane in the sky as a bright light during the day is due to reflection and perspective.

seeing your hand clearly is due to your hand reflecting light.

everything we see is reflecting light unless its creating its own light.

our vision is influenced my a number of things, intensity of light, our health and well being, fatigue.

If a person can clearly see a craft then it could be clearly photographed with a steady hand or tripod if its stationary or if its moving, tracking software on tripod or good hand eye co-ordination, but would most likely still be blurred depending on speed the object is traveling across the sky and what setting the camera is using, shutter speed and what not.

What about photos that are clear of Ufos?

are they not using this supposed distorting of gravity tech?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Sadly I cannot watch YouTube vids. However, while light is distorted/bent by gravity (see black holes) one has to put mass into the equation. Methinks the vid is stating a fact, but applying it like a moron.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I found This old article discussing the issue back in 2008

The main theory for blurriness being:

So what could be causing this blurriness? Dr. Hill formulates an interesting theory, and I will quote from this great book: “The quantum mechanical explanation for the indistinct or invisible out line at night is particularly straightforward…” [After the thoroughly excited molecules and electrons explanation, he continues, as excerpted below…] “At night when the witness must see the UFO by its own light, it follows if the plasma is fully developed (saturated with ions) the plasma can completely obscure the UFOs, for the critical distance is small. In the more general case where the UFO is operating at a lower radiation the witness can see the UFO surface directly… The absorption characteristics of the plasma can also account for a daytime hazy or smoky appearance of the Atmosphere around the UFO.”

If this were/is a credible reason then it wouldn't matter how good the camera (photo or video) it would not have a clearly resolved outcome of the object, whether it was photo or video.

And i guess the same would be true if the object has any kind of advanced technology to mask/distort/blur its appearance to recording equipment....

Not saying i think this is the case, but since i found this article i thought it would be worth sharing...

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Reflection issues?

seeing the shape of a plane clearly in the sky is due to the plane reflecting light

Seeing a plane in the sky as a bright light during the day is due to reflection and perspective.

our vision is influenced my a number of things, intensity of light, our health and well being, fatigue.

If a person can clearly see a craft then it could be clearly photographed with a steady hand or tripod if its stationary or if its moving, tracking software on tripod or good hand eye co-ordination, but would most likely still be blurred depending on speed the object is traveling across the sky and what setting the camera is using, shutter speed and what not.

I, like you, want to find answers so we all can photograph clear pics of UFOs.

I believe all those clear pics of UFOs were debunked as hoaxes. So, if that is the case, there would no be gravity distortion field affecting a camera's ability to take a clear shot.

So our eyes are convex and convex camera lens function differently. Our eyes have mega pixels, cameras do not - yet.

edit on 16CDT01America/Chicago01210130 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Interesting.

In my experience most distortions are atmospheric, particulates, etc. because of the distances between cameras and objects.

The times I've captured something on cameras except for one time, it was only to confirm what I had seen with my eyes, often I was able to find details captured with cameras that I ether didn't see, or was unable to see with my eyes.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It is also interesting that the latest real pictures of a black hole were also fuzzy. Doesn't this speak to gravitational distortion of light as well even using techniques similar to MRI machines. Not sure what that means re: MRI techniques, but they used radio waves to take the pictures.

globalnews.ca...

Researchers used the Event Horizon Telescope, a collection of eight telescopes on five different continents specifically designed to peer at black holes. The EHT links the telescopes together to form a virtual telescope the size of Earth. The EHT takes the radio wave data from all eight telescopes and combines them into the image shown.

www.msn.com...
edit on 16CDT01America/Chicago03910130 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If Lazar is correct (and I have some doubts that it's safe or possible to power up a 'gravity wave' generator inside a planet's atmosphere), then by implication any UFOs (lights in the sky) that you see which are not distorted are not UFOs (with a gravity propulsion system).

One other thing is this. When you think about it, you might say that 'Space Faring Ships' which want to travel around in their Galaxy and get around 'long travel times', such as 'bending space between here and a 39 light year distant system), would probably NOT be using the same drive to fly around inside the atmosphere or around the planet.

I'm not saying 'impulse engines for local travel and warp drive for intra-stellar travel' but it's the same idea. You just don't need to flying around using relativistic forces and have inertial fields for planetary use. There's no real need to 'go fast'. You use stealth to not be seen and you dock with the Mother ship and go back and forth to the home planet - given the logistics.

So to me one thing that is fishy is that they could and the tried to fire up this drive normally used to warp space time at the facility. It would be HIGHLY dangerous on a theoretical to risk 'ripping the fabric of space time' (given they knew nothing of the concepts of the drive).

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Perhaps the propulsion used by alien craft and subsequent field(s) surrounding it is something that we have no idea about - yet.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
What I've come to realize in my own experience. When I see a UFO I have my camera that is used for taking pictures of Bigfoot and when I cross paths with a Bigfoot I have my camera for taking UFO pictures. Strange but true.

I hope that helps

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
What I've come to realize in my own experience. When I see a UFO I have my camera that is used for taking pictures of Bigfoot and when I cross paths with a Bigfoot I have my camera for taking UFO pictures. Strange but true.

I hope that helps

That brings up another question I have. Why are all the bigfoot pics blurry too? Does bigfoot create a vortex around itself too? [sarc]
edit on 16CDT02America/Chicago05320230 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 16CDT03America/Chicago00530330 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Exactly. Although our eyes and cameras work on slightly different ways, they both work because of the light entering the lens and reaching a sensitive area.

Cameras are made to reproduce as exactly as possible what we see, so they make film/sensors that are close to our eyes in what they are sensitive to. One example of differences is that CCD and CMOS sensors are sensitive to infrared light, while our eyes are not, so the colours may appear slightly different. Higher end cameras have filters to remove that infrared light, but cheap cameras, usually, do not have any filter, so they can be affected by infrared light. From what I have seen, cameras show infrared light as a slightly purple white.

But the way light is captured is the same on our eyes or on cameras, if we see a sharp image there's no technical reason for the camera to show a blurred image.

In this idea of a gravity field affecting light, if it affected the light entering the camera then it should affect the light entering our eyes too, so a blurry photo would be the result of a blurry sighting.

Also, a gravity field strong enough to affect light would be affecting everything around it too, including the air.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

I would think the field only needs to be strong enough to match the craft. This would not be like a massive star bending light.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I would think the field only needs to be strong enough to match the craft.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "to match the craft".

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I would also think that the massive amounts of EM force needed to fly a "real" UFO would make it spin every compass the wrong way within a 100-mile radius and might have some affect on the way your camera takes pictures. Or the way your nervous system works.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Reflection issues?

I believe all those clear pics of UFOs were debunked as hoaxes. So, if that is the case, there would no be gravity distortion field affecting a camera's ability to take a clear shot.

So our eyes are convex and convex camera lens function differently. Our eyes have mega pixels, cameras do not - yet.

Lol all clear photos are debunked, just as blurry photos are debunked. There's not been a single photo proven legit.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699

originally posted by: InTheLight

Reflection issues?

Lol all clear photos are debunked, just as blurry photos are debunked. There's not been a single photo proven legit.

No argument there, but there are people here who will argue that they did see UFOs as well as alien craft, with real grays at the helm with their naked eyes.

So, what would be required in a camera to shoot a moving UFO in the sky. Well, I suppose the equipment and settings would match those required to shoot birds in flight. Any comments?

Choosing your lens can be a challenge so be advised that you should use the fastest and largest mm lens you can afford. For your best chance at a great shot, you would want at least a 300mm lens, but a 500mm to 600mm prime lens is preferable. Unfortunately, these lenses don’t come cheap.

digital-photography-school.com...

My point is that if you read that article above, so much is involved in taking proper pictures.
edit on 16CDT05America/Chicago02950530 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

What is needed to overcome its mass plus movement against gravity. I wouldn't think it would need a level of antigravity that can bend light we can easily detect with our eyes, like a massive object would.
edit on 6/24/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
If the antigravity funtion is affecting the light yet, according to Bob, radio waves were not affected then that makes for an odd situation.

Takes it to:

-Longer wave lengths not affected
-It isn't blurring
-Bob is no being truthful
-Magic

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join