It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women’s World Cup 2019

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

It's the celebrations that embarrassed me. Not the goals.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

First team all league keeper in high school. The women seem tougher in the pros. The men are embarrassing wimps. I think soccer practice for those FIFA trams is 5 min of ball skills and 2 hrs of rolling around grabbing your shin while pretending your on fire. I have no respect for international pro soccer players. Most of the time, they don't even get touched and they go down in ghost pain. Then they pop up like nothing happened. I like watching the women cuz they aren't wimps. The men are floppers and it's not even debatable if you watch the replays. It's shameful

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Starhooker

Our best male athletes play other sports. The little guys play soccer here. Otherwise, we'd dominate soccer

Dominate soccer?

Do you mean like you do with Ice Hockey ?

Oh.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

You tell me, you're the one dishing out the insults

Hardly an insult, just an observation.

I like sporting rivalry but the 'anyone but England' attitude just re-enforces stereotypical and very often bigoted views.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I think it may because they come from lower leagues. On state or inner state leagues, you do not dramatically roll around because the referee does not give a damn. You stand up again because time is an issue. There is no paycheck waiting at the end of the day, or not a big one. The credo is winning by any legal means possible.

My impression at least. It will change maybe when the women's league approaches the fame and money level of the men's league (will it ever?)
edit on 24-6-2019 by Oleandra88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

You tell me, you're the one dishing out the insults

Hardly an insult, just an observation.

I like sporting rivalry but the 'anyone but England' attitude just re-enforces stereotypical and very often bigoted views.

For you seemingly, which in itself could be construed as an ignorant view on others

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

For you seemingly, which in itself could be construed as an ignorant view on others

So for the benefit of others could you please explain the mentality and reasoning behind the 'anyone but England' stance?

For the record; I visit Scotland often and have quite a lot of Scottish friends both in Scotland and in various other places around the UK.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

So for the benefit of others could you please explain the mentality and reasoning behind the 'anyone but England' stance?

I didn't invent mate, you did, ergo you have to explain it.

For the record; I visit Scotland often and have quite a lot of Scottish friends both in Scotland and in various other places around the UK.

I have friends of different nationalities also, is there a point here?

Anyway, back to the actual thread content, US not convincing today, think France will beat them on Friday

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I didn't invent mate, you did, ergo you have to explain it.

I'm sure I didn't.
It's an obsession with so many of your compatriots.

Knobheads like Andy Murray constantly spout the 'anyone but England' bile and if the cap fits and all that.

Please don't try and say your not aware of the A.B.E. bigotry and rhetoric....if it was all a bit of 'banter' then I wouldn't have a problem at all with it, but it's not....as soon as an English person replies in kind it's labelled as 'typical English arrogance'.

A discussion probably best left for another time and place.

I have friends of different nationalities also, is there a point here?

A disclaimer before the usual chip on the shoulder 'you hate us Scots' allegation.

Anyway, back to the actual thread content, US not convincing today, think France will beat them on Friday

Hard to predict....possibly extra time and penalties.
As a betting man I'll be looking at the draw after 90mins odds.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Please don't try and say your not aware of the A.B.E. bigotry and rhetoric....if it was all a bit of 'banter' then I wouldn't have a problem at all with it, but it's not....as soon as an English person replies in kind it's labelled as 'typical English arrogance'.

Being insulted by an English idiot who thinks there's an army of English hating robots called "knobheads" with identical programming out to get him is hardly a very endearing feature, in your case it's not so much arrogance, it's borderline paranoia.

Knobheads like Andy Murray constantly spout the 'anyone but England' bile and if the cap fits and all that.

There you go again, the obsession is clearly is yours, my name isn't Andy Murray

A disclaimer before the usual chip on the shoulder 'you hate us Scots' allegation.

I don't give a crap on any ideas you may have about me, if you think I hate the English then it's your problem, you don't know me and your opinions of me mean little. Keep talking and the hole you've dug will only get deeper

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I take it you're a bit of a snowflake.

Nothing I've said was really meant as an insult....and the vast majority of Scots I regularly interact with both on here and in real life wouldn't have taken it as such.
Just an observation on the A.B.E. attitude that many Scots have and their insistence on having a dig at the English but being unable to take a bit of a dig back.

If you've taken it as an insult I'll apologise - it was never intended as such - and I'll try to be much more sensitive around you in future.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starhooker
a reply to: Bloodworth

It's the celebrations that embarrassed me. Not the goals.

Really? I only saw 1 over the top celebration by that lesbian?
There were many over the top celebriions?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I take it you're a bit of a snowflake.

What is this "snowflake" crap? I have never understood what moron came up with that alleged insult

If you've taken it as an insult I'll apologise - it was never intended as such - and I'll try to be much more sensitive around you in future.

Did you or did you not initiate a conversation with me because you seemed to take offense at my statement in hoping England get beat, before then going off on some inane ramble stating:

Another one of the 'anyone but England' brigade. Its become all rather predictable and boring, sorry mate, it just makes you look like a complete knobhead.

I'm guessing sensitivity is something you know about so no apology necessary

C'mon Norway

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

You really seem to be getting all het up about this.

I wasn't offended at all with your A.B.E. comment, just pointing out the predictability of it.
I assure you, far, far, worse things have been said about me and to me and I haven't got upset or offended....I have thick skin and very broad shoulders.

Now you can either take the apology in the good intention it was offered or remain all offended and upset, the choice is yours....to be honest I'm pretty bored with it now.

As an aside; one of the funniest commentary moments was when Norway beat England back in 1981....it has spawned a sort of meme all of its own....and yes, I am old enough to remember it, quite vividly in fact.

edit on 24/6/19 by Freeborn because: typo

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

to be honest I'm pretty bored with it now.

Mate, I was bored with your first post

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Yada yada yada.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

U.S. women are dominant in sports until the Russians field a team of trannies who ‘identify’ as women.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   
France has to import more players like they did their men's soccer team.

France wins men's world cup, half the team isnt even French and just recently got their citizenship

It was so wrong

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Welp. There have been threads for individual matches.

We are in the knockout stage and at the last match.

Germany vs Sweden

And Germany looks weak on the back end! Sweet! Down 1-2, in the second. And looking desperate...

In the heat!

edit on 29-6-2019 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Stoopid autocorrectives

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Something I love about sports is how it can transcend other differences

I disagree with the political stance of some of the us team, but will still be cheering for them to win it all

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join