It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYTimes reports on conditions in US Immigrant Children Camps and says conditions are really bad

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Frocharocha

What's even worse is that The Trump Admistration's DOJ, headed by Bill Bar sent a lawyer to argue before a groups of judges that migrant children detained in their care don't need soap. toothbrushes and toothpaste beds or blankets for the DOJ to be in compliance with the Flores Settlement.

Disgusting!

I guess of the group of politicians that control the funding of these programs actually agreed to provide ample funding for these programs, that point would be moot, huh?

But, the Orange Man....he's bad.....because....well....just because.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Obviously a staged and fake video 😎

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I just don't understand that reasoning for accepting this disgusting situation. What about all of the people that are invading our country with no intentions of making a honest living. That are reducing the quality of life for everyone in the places they are invading. The criminals, the gang members and all other illegals that prey upon others instead of earning an honest paycheck. Pretty soon they will have created the exact same crappy environment they escaped from.

I would like to think that if my backyard were that disgusting and uninhabitable, that I would have the strength and spirit to fight for change. To fight for a better way of life for everyone. That I wouldn't just tuck my tail and flee, dooming those that don't have the strength or willpower to fight for a better way of life.

What would happen if these illegal invaders banded together and fought for what they wanted? What if these millions of people fought for a justice in their own lands, benefiting everyone? What about the ones left behind, the old and sick?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

It's his administration that's arguing before the court, that they have no burden to provide soap, toothpaste and brushed, beds or blankets, according to the Flores Settlement, not that they can't afford it, because of the way funds are being allocated.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

It's his administration that's arguing before the court, that they have no burden to provide soap, toothpaste and brushed, beds or blankets, according to the Flores Settlement, not that they can't afford it, because of the way funds are being allocated.

But, ask yuorself, why do they even have to make the argument? Unless, there is simply not enough funding for those items, so they need to argue they are not needed.

But, it;'s the Orange Man again.... he's bad....bad...naughty Orange Man.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

But, ask yuorself, why do they even have to make the argument?

They have to make that argument because they got called on the carpet for abuse and neglect of the children the Administration has ripped from their families and guardians, and violations of the Flores Settlement.

They're making the argument that the "safe and sanitary" stipulation of the settlement doesn't require them to provide soap. clean clothes or diapers, blankets and beds, soap, showers, toothbrushes and toothpaste to be in compliance with the agreement.

The judges were appalled and aghast at that line of defense.

edit on 23-6-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

I'm sure that you can find some middle ground between building walls and letting children die in concentration camps after being ripped from their parents. If not...well, then there's your problem.

I think the middle ground is for them not to be here in the first place, so how do you want to fix that part? Actually if you want to go all Nazi why not suggest Ghettos, I think that would fit your narrative better and you wouldn't need to be a parrot.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

We (the liberals....all of us) would like to state that we collectively agree that we believe that the mistreatment of children should be above partisan politics and that even the right should agree that children suffering is wrong regardless of politics.

Then why don’t the liberals as a collective do something instead of scream orange man bad ?

Failure to enact legislation to stop the onslaught and close the loopholes endangers far more children than previously .

Yet I see no movement from the Democrats to slow the flow of illegal refugees.

By not taking any action and screaming about cruelty. . The Left is in fact using children’s suffering in a Partisan way that is to their advantage .

Despite the position both you and I have taken.

Liberals aren’t attacking their own.

They’re only projecting outwards .

The tactic is no different than when Democrats climb a top a pile of bodies to preach gun control .

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

This is Trump Administration policy and interpretation of the law. It has nothing to do with liberals.

This is Trump using children as pawns in his sick game of intimidation and torture as a deterrent of migration.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

But, ask yuorself, why do they even have to make the argument?

They have to make that argument because they got called on the carpet for abuse and neglect of the children the Administration has ripped from their families and guardians, and violations of the Flores Settlement.

They're making the argument that the "safe and sanitary" stipulation of the settlement doesn't require them to provide soap. clean clothes or diapers, blankets and beds, soap, showers, toothbrushes and toothpaste to be in compliance with the agreement.

The judges were appalled and aghast at that line of defense.

Oh, I forgot. Withholding funding due to political resistance to the legally elected administration causing even more suffering and forcing families to be relocated, is "for the children".

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Pence doesn't seem to care much about this issue he only says those people/helpers there are doing a good job, doing everything they can...

That interviewer should have yelled at him and getting really angry at him.. but Pence is emotionless and saying how good trump is lol.

Starts from 12:15:

You can't call your country civilized when this happens.

edit on 23-6-2019 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Congress has withheld funding for building a wall. Wall funding has nothing to do with human rights violations perpetrated by this Administration for purely political reasons.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

This is Trump Administration policy and interpretation of the law. It has nothing to do with liberals.

This is Trump using children as pawns in his sick game of intimidation and torture as a deterrent of migration.

Lies

Not a deterrent of ‘migration’ at all. Liar.

Its a deterrent of ‘ILLEGAL migration’

Immigration and ILLEGAL immigration are not remotely related.

Opposing ILLEGAL immigration does NOT make you anti-immigration. By ANYONES definition.
edit on 23 6 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

edit on 23 6 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

I'm sure that you can find some middle ground between building walls and letting children die in concentration camps after being ripped from their parents. If not...well, then there's your problem.

I think the middle ground is for them not to be here in the first place, so how do you want to fix that part? Actually if you want to go all Nazi why not suggest Ghettos, I think that would fit your narrative better and you wouldn't need to be a parrot.

You are either comfortable with the way these camps are being run, or you're not. You are defined by your answers, simple as that.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Here's a recent interview with mike pence. He talks about it.
Yes, it's cnn and no I don't like the words on the screen. But the thing is those where not the same text when the interview was live. I guess the youtube up loader added that silly part about pence being humiliated.

edit on 23-6-2019 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

It's a disgusting abuse of power that the Trump administration has decided to do this to people, especially children. AND these prisons, for the most part, are for profit. Shine the light on these crimes against humanity.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: cfnyaami

It's a disgusting abuse of power that the Trump administration has decided to do this to people, especially children. AND these prisons, for the most part, are for profit. Shine the light on these crimes against humanity.

How silent were you 3 or more years ago when this was created and run by the former administration?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

In March of last year, John Kelly told CNN that the administration was considering taking children from their parents if they crossed the border illegally. At the time, Kelly was secretary for the Department of Homeland Security.
(SOUNDBITE OF ARCHIVED RECORDING)
JOHN KELLY: Yes, I am considering - in order to deter more movement along this terribly dangerous network, I am considering exactly that. They will be well cared for as we deal with their parents.

JEFF SESSIONS: If you don't want your child to be separated, then don't bring them across the border illegally. It's not our fault that somebody does that.
www.npr.org...

And what you knuckle dragging Trumpites ignore and refuse to accept, and why Trump keeps screaming for Congress to change the laws, is that it's not illegal to cross the border, in any area, to claim asylum. As a matter of fact, it's a legal requirement to be eligible to do so.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

a reply to: Breakthestreak

In March of last year, John Kelly told CNN that the administration was considering taking children from their parents if they crossed the border illegally. At the time, Kelly was secretary for the Department of Homeland Security.
(SOUNDBITE OF ARCHIVED RECORDING)
JOHN KELLY: Yes, I am considering - in order to deter more movement along this terribly dangerous network, I am considering exactly that. They will be well cared for as we deal with their parents.

JEFF SESSIONS: If you don't want your child to be separated, then don't bring them across the border illegally. It's not our fault that somebody does that.
www.npr.org...

And what you knuckle dragging Trumpites ignore and refuse to accept, and why Trump keeps screaming for Congress to change the laws, is that it's not illegal to cross the border, in any area, to claim asylum. As a matter of fact, it's a legal requirement to be eligible to do so.

Claiming asylum and being granted asylum are two different things. Until then, you are here illegally.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I don't understand your reasoning here.

The barrier is supposed to stop the illegals from entering right?

How would it reduce the number of those detained at the border?

If anything I would think that once the person couldn't get in illegally they would then go to the main legal crossing area and try to get in that way. Once there they would join the numbers that are being held. Making those number larger not smaller.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join