It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYTimes reports on conditions in US Immigrant Children Camps and says conditions are really bad

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

We would much rather not take them into custody and just turn them back into the desert from whence they came. You ok with that?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Why are you so accusatory? Why do you insist on labelling Canadians racist? You know nothing of me personally. Interesting that you would say that when I have quite the ethnic group as part of my own family. I would list the "brown" people for you but then I'd be labelled a racist by the other side.

Further to that I could list every ethnic group of which I am friends in my neighborhood. Heck, just because I know you are dying to know - let's see, I know personally too many East Indians to count on my fingers, I know many Fillippino's some of which are our best friend neighbors, a number of Chinese, Jamaican, Ethiopian, a number of Syrians. I live in the most ethnically dense neighborhood going. I have been in their houses for dinner, they have helped shovel my driveway, some have signed my passport papers, others have consoled me, some are my best friends - but ALL are members of my country and equal to me as I am to them. I could list more, but I don't think you'd "get it".

You people just like to get reactions. It's okay, you're all upset in your own mind, when I am quite content to know who I am. I recommend chammomile tea and maybe a new attitude adjustment.
edit on 24-6-2019 by hiddeninsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

What a load of hypocritical BS!

Furthermore, I already posted how much money has given to the Trump Administration for border security. What they didn't fund this year is Trump's wall. Last year they gave him a record amount of $$ for border security, including border control detention centers, plus a whopping $1.6 billion for his wall.

Trump consistently uses people as hostages to gain political yards. He did it with the Dreamers, he did with federal employees, he did just this week with deportees, trying to threaten Congress to change immigrations law or he'll do massive deportations and break up more families. Now he and Pence are using sick and terrified little children to strong arm Congress into changing immigration laws.

It doesn't take Congress to force the Trump Administration to comply with the Flores Settlement. Even the Geneva Convention demands better treatment for the children of war prisoners.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You are something else, I will give you that. Here is an article that will maybe make it more clear for you. I will not be responding to you any longer; it is a waste of effort on my part. You know what you are doing.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

I thought Trump declared a national emergency to get funding? Oh, I guess that was just emergency wall funding. An humanitarian crisis within our borders isn't a national emergency to Trump's Administration and requires Congress to act. They don't even think that kids in their custody need soap or toothbrushes and toothpaste and a clean bed.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: vonclod

We would much rather not take them into custody and just turn them back into the desert from whence they came. You ok with that?

I don't know..maybe, if they are with adults/family. Unaccompanied children(I know..crazy), cant very well do that. Still no reason to treat them worse than convicts..right?

I have very little in the way of answers..I just know you can do better, so far as how these kids are being warehoused.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Krakatoa

The Obama Administration had a "catch and release" policy for families and non-criminal migrants. Remember? The Obama Administration didn't have a "no tolerance" policy of detaining and separating children from every family unit that entered the USA, either at the border or between check points. That' all Trump and his cronies.

It was the Trump Administration that did away with "catch and release" and instituted a "no tolerance" policy, which is why we have so many children in detention right now.

Bullcrap... i have already shown you that a district judge ruled that Obama's administration was in violation of the Flores agreement when it concerns the treatment of underage illegal children. The judge said the children were being held for too long. Obama's administration argued that the law only applied to illegal children who entered the country illegally and ALONE, not those who were accompanied by parents or other adult relatives...

That right there shows that Obama's administration was detaining children with parents by themselves, they were being separated despite false claims by left-wingers like yourself that this didn't happen... This was printed in the New York Times... The same LEFT-WING newspaper making false claims about Trump...

BTW, the court also ruled that the Flores agreement covers all children, and that their parents could be detained but not the children. So the court actually argued that illegal children could be separated from the parents but only the parents could be detained.

Mr. Obama’s Dubious Detention Centers

By The Editorial Board

July 18, 2016

And the centers stand on dubious legal ground. Last year, a district judge ruled that the administration was violating a 1997 court-ordered settlement, called the Flores agreement, that governs the treatment of underage migrants who seek asylum or enter the country illegally. The judge said the children were being held for too long, and ordered the administration to release them as quickly as possible to the care of relatives or other guardians as their cases move through the immigration courts.

The administration appealed, saying that the agreement applied only to children who had crossed the border alone, not those who were accompanied by parents or other adult relatives. On July 6, the Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit disagreed, upholding the district ruling that Flores covers all children, accompanied or not. But it said the administration could still detain their parents.

www.nytimes.com...

You should learn to read articles when they are given to you as response to your false claims...

edit on 24-6-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Oh and btw, it seems that left-wingers like yourself are either ignoring, or just dismissing the photos of illegal children in 2014... They are shown to be ALONE, none of them are shown with their parents or any other adults except for staff members...

www.azcentral.com...

This link has several photos showing children by themselves inside "the cages" under obama's administration...

edit on 24-6-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

The Obama Administration got slapped down by a judge for violating the Flores Agreement. Now you all defend Trump for violating the Flores Agreement, and more.

Here's more proof that Trump uses scared little children and their families to try to get Congress to change the immigrations laws that Trump hates to enforce.

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
Follow
Follow @realDonaldTrump

More
The Democrats are forcing the breakup of families at the Border with their horrible and cruel legislative agenda. Any Immigration Bill MUST HAVE full funding for the Wall, end Catch & Release, Visa Lottery and Chain, and go to Merit Based Immigration. Go for it! WIN!

twitter.com... F%2Fwww.newsmax.com%2Fpolitics%2Ftrump-blames-dems-admin%2F2018%2F06%2F15%2Fid%2F866439%2F

In other words, "Democrats make me harm children and breakup families when they don't do as I say!"

edit on 24-6-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I remember very well the bus loads of undocumented children that the Obama Administration had to deal. I live near one of the communities that refused to house them, and staged a protest on the freeway to make the busses turn around.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

In other words, "Democrats make me harm children and breakup families when they don't do as I say!"

Again, you seem to confuse POTUS Trump with dictator wannabe Obama... Trump would not pass his own laws, Obama did as he pleased.

Not to mention, you keep moving the goal post. When it is shown that you, and other "never Trump left-wingers," that you are lying and Obama was separating children, and even the court agreed that children could be separated from the parents when Obama was doing it, you move the goal post to make up some other claim that only exists in your mind...

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

There is no confusion. Obama never had a no tolerance policy. Obama had a "catch and release" policy.

Trump is where the buck stops. It's his administration that went to court to argue that kids in their custody don't need soap, toothbrushes and toothpaste, clean bottles and a clean bed, not Obama's.

Your whataboutism doesn't get Trump off the hook.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Really? is that why the court argued children were being held for too long, because they were being released?...

Did the words "released and detained/held" also changed meaning in the liberal/democrat world while I slept last night?...

edit on 24-6-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I remember very well the bus loads of undocumented children that the Obama Administration had to deal. I live near one of the communities that refused to house them, and staged a protest on the freeway to make the busses turn around.

Instead of protesting why don't you give up your house to house all those illegal children? I am sure there are enough liberals/democrats demanding for these children to live in better conditions who can open their own houses to house all these illegal children... Or is this another of those "Liberal/democrat" things about DEMANDING that people live in better conditions, but when those same left-wingers are asked to house illegals they claim "oh, but I don't have space," or "oh, but I can't" or some other excuse?...

edit on 24-6-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

How do they catch and release unaccompanied children ? 😦

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

How do they catch and release unaccompanied children ? 😦

You've got to wonder where the left thinks these illegal children should live... Perhaps left-wingers think it is okay for illegal children to live in our streets?... Or perhaps the left thinks those illegal children should live in those "tent cities" that plague left-wing cities like Seattle, or San Francisco?...

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Everything is always black and white with you. The Obama administration separated children from their parents when their parents were charged with crimes other than illegal entry. Otherwise, the family was documented and released. The Obama administration also dealt with a influx of unaccompanied children, which they held in detainment and got slapped down by a judge for violating the Flores Agreement.

The Trump administration's policy is to separate all families that enter either between check points or through borders and ask for asylum, as a deterrent. That's why there are so many migrant children if federal custody right now.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   

You've got to wonder where the left thinks these illegal children should live...

With their parents or guardians.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Hasn’t Trump been asking Democrats for almost two months to OK $3.3 billion for detention centers, which are filled to twice their capacity? A cynical person might suspect Democrats want conditions to be awful for political purposes. Meanwhile, the Democrats won’t consider changing asylum rules that are drawing hundreds of thousands of people to overwhelm the border and our CBP personnel.

Personally, I don’t give a damn about these “asylum seekers.” They’re not Americans, hence not our problem. They should fix their own countries rather than flee here to mooch off us. We have tens of millions of Americans in need and we don’t have money to spare. We’re running huge budget deficits, we have more than $20 trillion in public debt and unfunded mandates coming due in the next three decades that might require hundreds of trillions of dollars.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Sucks to be them. Good thing I decided not to put my child in danger and drag them halfway across godforsaken who knows what and into a country illegally. But I guess I have more concern for my child and some common sense in my head. I sure am enjoying not being locked up and scared all because I couldn't follow the rules and laws set forth by the country I was invading. Ahhhh a nice refreshing lemonade sitting on my porch enjoying the fresh breeze. Sorry to hear about your stupidity. Oh well, I'll just sit here enjoying myself.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join