It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYTimes reports on conditions in US Immigrant Children Camps and says conditions are really bad

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

yes I am saying he is incorrect, and political.

are you claiming that the people in the detention centers cannot leave to go back to their contries of origin or not?

Has anyone asked George Takei the same question I asked you?

Do you think Mr Takei has no political agenda? do you think his assesment is honest, or is he a "Never Trumper" and has a political axe to grind.

Where was Mr takei's outrage during the Obama administration?

You are disingenous, and speading falsehoods

George is a liar. and I'm willing to tell him to his face.

ETA: George has no visited any camps at the Border, nor has AOC so both are lying. Until either of them have the guts to visit all info is second hand.
their Opinion does NOT make facts, you do know the difference correct? if not then My Opinion, as a US Vetern means more then your Canadian one.
edit on 24-6-2019 by thedigirati because: willing to put my life on the line for the USA

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

yes I am saying he is incorrect, and political....George is a liar. and I'm willing to tell him to his face.

Anybody can be accessed on the internet. For starters, here's his facebook page: www.facebook.com...
How about you contact him and engage in a conversation? I look forward to you reporting back.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Um... kind of sounds like the kids needed the soap, toothbrushes, blankets, diapers and clean clothes for awhile already. Should they really have to wait till Congress gets their act together and come up with something that will be acceptable to the dems, will get past the grim reaper in the Senate, and happen to make it to the mad king"s desk on one of his few good days where he's not intent on burning it all to the ground?
Maybe all of us who actually do give a dang about kids should just make up some care packages containing the basic hygiene items to help the poor souls we elected into office out. After all we all know how badly trump needs his weekly trips to Florida, and his staff oh so need their offices furnished with the best, most expensive furniture on the market! And gee the 750 a day per child or whatever it was barely covers the cost of feeding them. It just doesn't stretch far enough cover such trivial items as diapers for babies or shampoo and soap!!
May I suggest that you send your care packages to the white house. I'm sure they will know where they are most needed!!

It seem the "compassionate conservtaives" of Bush's time have finally revealed themselves for what they are.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Do liberals actually believe the conditions were any different for the 8 years under Obama? Everyone can clearly see through the partisan BS.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Should they really have to wait till Congress gets their act together and come up with something that will be acceptable to the dems, will get past the grim reaper in the Senate, and happen to make it to the mad king"s desk on one of his few good days where he's not intent on burning it all to the ground?

civics can be a bear......or we can just go back to the barak executive order days.......yeah that daca worked out really well didn't it?
perhaps if compromise wasn't a dirty word to the dems something could be worked out?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I don't use fakebook er facebook or twitter but you can invite him here and I will tell him off in the forum, just like I did you

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

How far would a baby get crawling back to central america?? And at one time they were sending the parents back without the baby. Telling the courts they couldn't connect the kids to their parents.
In other words. You're argument might serve to make you feel better but it's still a bunch of disingenuous bullsnip!
edit on 24-6-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

do they force people to work until they die in interment camps?
asking for a friend.....

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I would like to ask Mr Takei how much gold was ripped out of his parents and friends teeth.

and does that match the amount gold from the people in the current detention centers?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: hiddeninsite
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Just to clarify - so if someone breaks into YOUR house, we can expect you to hand out cookies and milk and give them your bed and not pay a cent towards electricity, upkeep, taxes and their share of what mileage they put on your house?

Maybe. Depends on why they broke in. I've had someone break into my house before and didn't hate them or try to hurt them. I came home to find my window broken and one of my empty backpacks stolen. The only other thing that was stolen was the food from my fridge. Months later the fool was walking around my neighborhood wearing my back pack. So I confronted him. Turned out he was homeless and starving. He apologized for stealing and braking my window and gave me back my backpack.
It was just a window. It was just food that I could easily replace. The human was more important in that case.

Iv'e let homeless people live in my house , eat my food and use my electricity for free several times.

Not everyone is your enemy. Don't be so afraid of other human beings. Have some humanity.

But since my house is in no way similar to a country and its borders asking me something like this is obviously you trying to distract from the hate you have for people you've never even met.
I bet you don't even believe my above story. But it's true. Iv'e lived a hard life and if not for the kindness and understanding from others I would not be here. How could I not repay that to the world with my own kindness?

Notice how most people in this thread are coming up with ideas to help the situation. And most of those ideas have the well being of the people in mind.
You just yelled at me for being kind.

Where's your ideas?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I would just point them to the feature film "the jerk".
They appear to need that "shinola" lesson, as they do not know of what they speak.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: Lucidparadox

So you don’t want fewer refugees which would mean fewer “ children suffering “ ?

It sounds like you are OK with any amount of children suffering as long as the political objective is achieved .

Which would mean the kids are just pawns in the game and easily sacrificed .

BTW It’s not illegal to apply for asylum at points of entry.

But it is illegal to cross the border at unauthorized points .

Again.. you're missing what I'm saying.

I'm talking open borders. I'm saying open the gates, let people in.

That way we don't need the camps at all.

Soap and Toothpaste doesn't grow on trees does it ❓

I'm pretty sure they had soap and toothpaste in the he's they were living in on this side of the border before they were whisked away and thrown into the camps. It only costs tax payer money when.the government takes them captive. Let them gomso they can work and buy their own toothpaste and soap

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

My biggest gripe is that if they were not willing to put in the effort to try and make their country a better place for themselves, why would I want them in mine?

How do you know they haven't tried? To some america will be their last resort.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

So you don’t want fewer refugees which would mean fewer “ children suffering “ ?

It sounds like you are OK with any amount of children suffering as long as the political objective is achieved .

That's the exact type of platform that will get me to vote for Trump.

Well sir, you aren't my targeted demographic.

The future is going to have alot.more people like me. The number of lefties is growing.

As the world ages.. borders and countries will matter less and less. We will recognize ourselves as earth, humanity as a whole.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Soap and Toothpaste doesn't grow on trees does it ❓

I'm pretty sure they had soap and toothpaste in the he's they were living in on this side of the border before they were whisked away and thrown into the camps. It only costs tax payer money when.the government takes them captive. Let them gomso they can work and buy their own toothpaste and soap

Where were they staying peacefully, minding their own business before they were whisked away?

Did Trump track them down personally?

If we are being honest here, they came pounding on our front door. Demanding entrance. Demanding free food. Demanding free toothpaste. Demanding a bed, with blankets and pillows. Demanding a roof over their heads.

All of it for free. They definitely dont want to pay for any of it.

Lolz🤪

link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

the fact that you call his response "hate" shows you are disingenuous. dislike for behavior is not "hate".

Your viture signalling is funny, why did you confront him in the first place if you are so kind? you embarrassed him, that is very far from being kind at all. In fact, that is being a bully.

so yeah I call "radishes" on your story.

but, "good story bro"

link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Internment camps are not labor camps are not extermination camps.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The Liberals are using the welfare of children to their advantage again .

The way to end this mess is with a wall or permanent barrier .

Instead the Liberals would rather see children suffer .

We (the liberals....all of us) would like to state that we collectively agree that we believe that the mistreatment of children should be above partisan politics and that even the right should agree that children suffering is wrong regardless of politics.

We understand that this may be politically inconvenient for you lot but we would ask that you rise above the politics of this and call out the mistreatment of children regardless.

Yours kindly...

The collective hive mind that is "the liberals"

This is not summer camp. Were the conditions on their illegal journey here any better? The Holiday Inn is all sold out.

Maybe the Dems can pony up the money in a illegal immigration reform bill? Trump offered up DACA for the wall once already, the Dems refused the deal. Dems don't care about illegals or DACA kids.
edit on 24-6-2019 by panoz77 because: So

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I'm trying to find a way to donate physical items to them myself but it is possible to give money to these people. Their buying items that the people need.
borderkindness.org...

If anyone knows of some more direct ways to donate clotting, diapers and things please lets us all know.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

That's the exact type of platform that will get me to vote for Trump.

Well sir, you aren't my targeted demographic.

The future is going to have alot.more people like me. The number of lefties is growing.

As the world ages.. borders and countries will matter less and less. We will recognize ourselves as earth, humanity as a whole.

You will be a leftie until you have money for the lefties to tax.

That's how the world works.

Once you start having things of value you will not want to willingly give them away.

Right now you are being very generous with things you dont even possess.

Lolz🤪

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join