It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYTimes reports on conditions in US Immigrant Children Camps and says conditions are really bad

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   
You guys think trump reads his twitter replys?

We should all start bombing his twitter feed with good helpful suggestions on what to do.

It would be a welcome change to the hate filled reply's he normally gets and he might just listen.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Congressman Devin Nunes correctly states that Democrats and the liberal media are "possessed" by evil.

www.thegatewaypundit.com... h-russia-hoax/

We'll see if Congressional Democrats can put their evil side under wraps these next two weeks, and hammer out immigration fixes with Republicans.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Trump wants to eliminate immigration judges.

What a load of crap.

That comment was either a bold face lie or made out of stupidity. Here’s your opportunity to prove me wrong.

Show me with certainty that Trump meant immigration judges .

Hmmmmm?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Say it 'aint true!

‘I’m ready to close it if I have to close it… We don’t want people coming up on this dangerous journey and coming in… And what we have to do is Congress has to meet quickly and make a deal. I could do it in 45 minutes. We need to get rid of chain migration, we need to get rid of catch and release and visa lottery and we have to do something about asylum and to be honest you have to get rid of judges.’

edit on 24-6-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

So you don’t want fewer refugees which would mean fewer “ children suffering “ ?

It sounds like you are OK with any amount of children suffering as long as the political objective is achieved .

Which would mean the kids are just pawns in the game and easily sacrificed .

BTW It’s not illegal to apply for asylum at points of entry.

But it is illegal to cross the border at unauthorized points .

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

A recent study said on average each illegal immigrant will cost US government around $80,000 over their lifetime .

Now I’m just spitballing here but ......

I wonder how many immigrants would take a check for $10 or $20 K at the border and give a sworn statement that they aren’t oppressed in their home countries . Which would also make them subject to prosecution if they try to make it to the good side of the border again .

You know the old DC saying.

Throw cash at the problem until it goes away . 🤔

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Cash also creates crooks, lol.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

So you don’t want fewer refugees which would mean fewer “ children suffering “ ?

It sounds like you are OK with any amount of children suffering as long as the political objective is achieved .

Again.. you're missing what I'm saying.

I'm talking open borders. I'm saying open the gates, let people in.

That way we don't need the camps at all.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I didn’t hear him say immigration judges. Are there any other judges in the that are nation throwing a monkey wrench into the process ?

Here’s a MSNBC article blowing the quote out of proportion .

The same way they do with many of his statements.

Here’s the headline, notice how it says “on immigration” not “immigration judges” . They use stuff like that to trick the sheep end it regularly works because the sheep are too gullible and emotional .

On immigration, Trump says he wants to 'get rid of judges'

Now here’s the actual quote .

Again are there other judges hindering his policies on immigration. ? Have you heard of the ninth circuit court of appeals as a example ? Trump loves them, I heard he bought them all Christmas presents with change left over from his sock drawer .

"[W]hat we have to do is Congress has to meet quickly and make a deal. I could do it in 45 minutes. We need to get rid of chain migration. We need to get rid of catch and release and visa lottery. And we have to do something about asylum. And to be honest with you, you have to get rid of judges."

Now why you’re chewing on that read this article is from three weeks before that press conference. It shows that Trump hired a record number of immigration judges in March . That really doesn’t fit your narrative does it ?

www.latimes.com...

Now here is where they quit giving information and started trying to persuade their followers .

But it was that moment of candor -- he believes the United States needs to "get rid of judges" -- that stood out.

Trump didn't go into a lot of detail, but in context, he almost certainly wasn't referring to sitting jurists serving lifetime positions on the federal judiciary. Rather, I'm reasonably sure the president was referring to immigration judges -- whom he apparently wants to fire.

^^^^ “ almost certainly “ in case you didn’t know that’s an assumption not a fact. Do you seriously think Trump wouldn’t want to get rid of the old liberal white guys of the 9th District or any of the other bleeding heart liberals that continually rule against his policies ?

“ reasonably sure “ that’s another guess .

Do you remember in my question when I said “with certainty” ?

Here’s the link.

I’m ready for the other points addressed in it. But don’t move the goalpost until we settle with your first character assassination .

Once again can you prove with certainty that Trump was referring to immigration judges in that press conference .

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Again you’re missing my point. Post after post you’ve shown you’re willing to let children suffer as leverage to obtain your goal of open borders .

There are ways for people to apply for asylum legally .

Are you against all laws or just this one ?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: mtnshredder

Do you think the illegals coming here really care about you or this country?

Some of them don't.
But I think like with any group of human beings most of them are decent people that do care about others.

I think people need to believe that all or a majority of illegals are bad people so they don't feel guilty for hating or fearing, or seeing them as a threat.
When the truth is, so I believe, that most illegals coming here are just here to have a good quit life. To love and be free. Same thing that you and I want.

I don’t think they’re all bad people that’s not my point of discord with the issue. My biggest gripe is that if they were not willing to put in the effort to try and make their country a better place for themselves, why would I want them in mine?

I find it cowardly in many respects that they walk away from problems they could fix and go live in a place that’s done all the painstaking work for them. They want to come here for a better life but they want to do it on my dime. I have issue with that mentality. It’s not how this country was founded and I’m not willing to ignore or forget all the hard work our forefathers put in to make it one the most desirable places to live on the planet. That chit doesn’t come free and most illegals don’t respect the hard work it took to get where we’re at today. They just don’t see nor care what it took but yet they want our jobs, health care, education and all the free chit we’re willing to give them.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Just to clarify - so if someone breaks into YOUR house, we can expect you to hand out cookies and milk and give them your bed and not pay a cent towards electricity, upkeep, taxes and their share of what mileage they put on your house?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

That's the exact type of platform that will get me to vote for Trump.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The Liberals are using the welfare of children to their advantage again .

The way to end this mess is with a wall or permanent barrier .

Instead the Liberals would rather see children suffer .

We (the liberals....all of us) would like to state that we collectively agree that we believe that the mistreatment of children should be above partisan politics and that even the right should agree that children suffering is wrong regardless of politics.

We understand that this may be politically inconvenient for you lot but we would ask that you rise above the politics of this and call out the mistreatment of children regardless.

Yours kindly...

The collective hive mind that is "the liberals"

So, isn't the humane solution not to allow them into this country if they are destined to be treated worse the the fearful country they are fleeing?

Thanks for agreeing we need to stop them all at the border.

Kudos!

No we feel improving the conditions in these facilities would be the optimal solution.

No one cares what you think about our borders. You live on a damn island. Jeez.
Actually, I do, and so do a lot of others. It's allowed, even if it makes you sad.

You don’t live in the U.S. either so no one cares what you think either.

Actually, you'll note that this is an international site with international members, so not-Americans are going to comment on American topics. If that makes you sad, there are lots of right-wing echo chambers out there where everybody looks and sounds just like you. In the meantime, expect some healthy debate on humanitarian issues.

edit on 24-6-2019 by JohnnyCanuck because: yup!

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
You are either comfortable with the way these camps are being run, or you're not. You are defined by your answers, simple as that.

Well first they are not camps, they are detention centers.
People that know from concentrations camps, like George Takei and others who were interned during WWII, are calling them concentration camps. Your argument is with them...I just trust their assessment over yours.

You also need to remember the libtards under Obama talked a good talk about fixing it and did nothing, Obama even deported more than Trump but did nothing. If you are OK with doing nothing then I guess everyone but Trump is doing what you want them to do.
The term "Libtards" is restricted to the mudpit. I don't go there because of such insults. Please keep your discourse civil when you leave that forum.

And sorry, if you are defending a regime that is refusing to provide soap and bedding to captured children...that defines you. Best own it.

Finally, I quote one Heather Lynn Weaver on Facebook in saying:
Attention: The party that coined the term "death panels" in an effort to sink the ACA, kindly asks that you stop referring to their immigration detention camps as "concentration camps'. What a post-ironic world we live in!

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

Soap and Toothpaste doesn't grow on trees does it ❓

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

People fell hard for that one didn't they 😎

Trump speaks a language only the majority of Americans understand 😎

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

are you saying there is no child protection laws in the USA?

is your safety helmet loose today? If I could imbed on my Xbox I would.

you can always search for "child protection laws in the United states"

but, don't hurt yourself.

ETA: I don't like that airlines discriminate me from flying to Hawaii because I don't have the money, those folks are just bigots to poor people, Hawaii doesn't have snakes, because of Mongoose', I'm terrified of snakes so I should beable to fly there for free, right?
edit on 24-6-2019 by thedigirati because: Because Mongoose are better than squirrels

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

You sir are incorrect, Concentration camps are forced and you are not allowed to leave, any of the folks in the detention centers are free to return to country of their Origin at any time they wish, you are spreading misinformation or outright lying.

Are you saying the Jews of WWII were allowed to leave the camps they were in to come to America or some other country other than Germany or the land they took?

If you are going to be honest you know I am correct.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
You sir are incorrect...

So, is George Takei incorrect? You know more about the subject than him, or are you just afraid of the words?
George Takei: "I know what concentration camps are. I was inside two of them, in America."

Sorry...if you can defend the conditions under which these children are being held, have the cojones to own it.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join