It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYTimes reports on conditions in US Immigrant Children Camps and says conditions are really bad

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

We (the liberals....all of us) would like to state that we collectively agree that we believe that the mistreatment of children should be above partisan politics and that even the right should agree that children suffering is wrong regardless of politics.

Then why don’t the liberals as a collective do something instead of scream orange man bad ?

Failure to enact legislation to stop the onslaught and close the loopholes endangers far more children than previously .

Yet I see no movement from the Democrats to slow the flow of illegal refugees.

By not taking any action and screaming about cruelty. . The Left is in fact using children’s suffering in a Partisan way that is to their advantage .

Despite the position both you and I have taken.

Liberals aren’t attacking their own.

They’re only projecting outwards .

The tactic is no different than when Democrats climb a top a pile of bodies to preach gun control .

You're missing the point.

The goal isn't to "slow the flow of illegal refugees"

The goal is to instead make it not illegal to walk in here and stay without having to jump through hoops and spend alot of $$.

If you cannot afford the cost of entry, then stay home.

You can;t just walk into a hotel like the Ritz Carlton and demand a room, that you will not pay for, because you are destitute. Try it sometime...then report back to us what happened.

Cost of entry is a reality....nobody says it must be free. After all, once here, "free stuff" is actually paid by legal residents via their tax $$$.

Are you serious? Cost of entry?

This is a country, it's a society not a hotel...

For these people this isn't a vacation..

This is their life and livelihood.

They didn't chose where they were born. They didn't chose their situation.

Your perspective is disgusting to be honest.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

If they were not even here, they would not be treated as such here. right?

If , maybe, could be...

The reality is that they are here. Should they not be treated humanly?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   

See the comment on 1882. As long as it was believed you could somehow support yourself, and not Chinese, you were let in. Those who came in through other means were not tracked (as coming in through other means, would imply some method of support to get in elsewhere).

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   

We (the liberals....all of us) would like to state that we collectively agree that we believe that the mistreatment of children should be above partisan politics and that even the right should agree that children suffering is wrong regardless of politics.

Then why don’t the liberals as a collective do something instead of scream orange man bad ?

Failure to enact legislation to stop the onslaught and close the loopholes endangers far more children than previously .

By not taking any action and screaming about cruelty. . The Left is in fact using children’s suffering in a Partisan way that is to their advantage .

The tactic is no different than when Democrats climb a top a pile of bodies to preach gun control .

The goal is to instead make it not illegal to walk in here and stay without having to jump through hoops and spend alot of $$.

You can;t just walk into a hotel like the Ritz Carlton and demand a room, that you will not pay for, because you are destitute. Try it sometime...then report back to us what happened.

Cost of entry is a reality....nobody says it must be free. After all, once here, "free stuff" is actually paid by legal residents via their tax $$$.

The reality is that it does cost time and money to enter legally. That is a fact, accept that as reality. Anything less is breaking the laws in place and makes you illegal if you enter. I didn't setup the process, and frankly, I think it costs too much and takes too long. But, as I said, if you cannot afford the entry costs, then stay home and try to change your own country. Or, find a sponsor that will fund you and sponsor your life here while you go through the process.

See, I think following the law is honorable and expect everyone to do the same. It is not a personal thing as you are trying to make it be here. "Feelz" does not pay for the food and shelter, or the stolen SSN or lost wages of a citizen whose job was taken by an illegal immigrant. The fact that you are a child of illegal immigrants tells me you have no honor and care not what the laws are, because your feelings are more important.

That. to me. is disgusting and cheapens EVERYONE that does it legally.

You should be ashamed....seriously.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Malisa

It's almost like that was and still is true for some people, but other people just repeat the words because it sounds so cool and brave, even if they actually don't feel it at all... Reality tells that only a few people actually feel like that, most of the other ones are just using the words for their own benefit Who knows who's who anymore

I'm sad now.

Your anime aviator belies your dark since of truth.
Welcome to ats, malisa.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

See the comment on 1882. As long as it was believed you could somehow support yourself, and not Chinese, you were let in. Those who came in through other means were not tracked (as coming in through other means, would imply some method of support to get in elsewhere).

And, as I said, my g-parents went through the process, via Ellis Island....LEGALLY. They had family sponsors here, to help them get on their feet while they applied for citizenship. It took about 8 years to finally become citizens (again,. I have the paperwork as I did the genealogy research myself).

So, try again chief. since my g-parents did it the proper way, not sneaking across the border to receive "free" services from the govt teat.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Malisa

It's almost like that was and still is true for some people, but other people just repeat the words because it sounds so cool and brave, even if they actually don't feel it at all... Reality tells that only a few people actually feel like that, most of the other ones are just using the words for their own benefit Who knows who's who anymore

I'm sad now.

Your anime aviator belies your dark since of truth.
Welcome to ats, malisa.

LOL i'm sorry i did not get you, my dark what?

I've been here for a while

For me, it's a reminder of who i was, i look kind of like that anime girl

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   

a reply to: mtnshredder

If they turned them away at the border and sent them back where they came from we wouldn’t have this problem now would we?

But that feels so unamerican. Don't you think? I know the patriot in me cringes when people say this.

We need to fix the border issues while at the same time honer the spirit of america and treating these people with more respected as human beings.
We can do this. We're america goddammit!

If we keep letting them in undocumented, then we wont be America much longer. e will go bankrupt at the very least.

I am all in favor of LEGAL immigration. That is how my g-parents got here at the turn of the 20th Century. But unfettered ILLEGAL immigration is simply not sustainable.

I understand this.
Maybe there's a way to help them without them becoming american citizens?

I thought trump was moving in the right direction with getting mexico on board with helping. And the asylum seekers must seek asylum in the first country that they run to (provided it's not a place they will be in extreme danger) was a good start.
If mexico is indeed holding to that the numbers at the border should start to drop.

In the mean time lets get those kids some clean cloths!

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   

The reality is that it does cost time and money to enter legally. That is a fact, accept that as reality. Anything less is breaking the laws in place and makes you illegal if you enter. I didn't setup the process, and frankly, I think it costs too much and takes too long. But, as I said, if you cannot afford the entry costs, then stay home and try to change your own country. Or, find a sponsor that will fund you and sponsor your life here while you go through the process.

See, I think following the law is honorable and expect everyone to do the same. It is not a personal thing as you are trying to make it be here. "Feelz" does not pay for the food and shelter, or the stolen SSN or lost wages of a citizen whose job was taken by an illegal immigrant. The fact that you are a child of illegal immigrants tells me you have no honor and care not what the laws are, because your feelings are more important.

I'm not a child of an illegal immigrant. I'm a 30 year old white dude born and raised here by a lineage of ppl who have been here a long while.

People that are close to me however, have family that weren't legal at one point.

I have empathy.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   
9th Circuit Video

can somebody show us where the "video" in question is ?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I'm not a child of an illegal immigrant. I'm a 30 year old white dude born and raised here by a lineage of ppl who have been here a long while.

People that are close to me however, have family that weren't legal at one point.

I have empathy.

I apologize. Perhaps I have you confused with another ATS member here that recently declared he was the son of an illegal immigrant. And who says an illegal immigrant must be non-white? Are you a bigot too? I don't see colors when I talk about illegal immigration....do you?

However, my statements still stand, regardless.

edit on 6/24/2019 by Krakatoa because: added additional thoughts

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   

it just happens here, electronically (i.e. remote to the application country). This is the 21st Century, so doing things remotely makes more sense than in-person stuff. They could bring them into the embassy, with a teleconference for them to be in front of the judge from the embassy. This is not a high-cost thing to implement by any means.

Best idea yet.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Conditions can be bad for even an American citizen...how are people going to be in support for better treatment than some US citizens?

It's in vogue right now this issue, but if this were to be put as priority number 1 and fixed, you have a bunch of issues that are already backlogged and neglected. And there has been years to address but the left has ignored.

Issues that society has known about for awhile in regards to prisons even, not much has been done. And it's not as popular to address as this issue because it's more uncomfortable.

And some on the left, born recently, don't know the history it seems. During the Bush years they'd have been 10x more vocal.

edit on 24-6-2019 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Did they come alone? Were the adults with them ACTUALLY their relatives, with their best interest in mind?

How does the answer to that question effect whether or not these children deserve basic human rights, a safe and sanitary place to stay?

I keep thinking the same thing.
Should the first priority be feeding and cleaning up those kids no mater why they are there? If their that dirt and hungry.
They are just kids after all.
Unless america has severally changed from when I was young we don't turn away starving dirty children. Even when we know some are being used for leverage. We don't have to let those using them for leverage win. Feeding and cleaning kids gets them no closer to whatever goal they have.
Taking care of the kids is something we can do while we debate what to do about them and the adults.

The issue is the quantity over the short period of time. You might be able to cloth and feed 1, 2, heck even 6 or 7 yourself. However, what if 100 are at your door? Then what do you do? We are talking tens of thousands here nationally, and more on the way. the system is being overrun, and why? Is it for political power chess by the parties?

Still doesn't change the fact that they are here and they are kids. We shouldn't just turn away. Even if I personally don't know what to do I can't just give up and pretend they don't mater.

Using them as pawns makes me want to throw my vote away on third party or not vote at all......

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I have empathy.

I apologize. Perhaps I have you confused with another ATS member here that recently declared he was the son of an illegal immigrant. And who says an illegal immigrant must be non-white? Are you a bigot too? I don't see colors when I talk about illegal immigration....do you?

However, my statements still stand, regardless.

No I actually know a few illegal immigrants from Poland and Russia too

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Does anybody think illegal migrants should be issued a living wage paid in bitcoin ?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Did they come alone? Were the adults with them ACTUALLY their relatives, with their best interest in mind?

How does the answer to that question effect whether or not these children deserve basic human rights, a safe and sanitary place to stay?

I keep thinking the same thing.
Should the first priority be feeding and cleaning up those kids no mater why they are there? If their that dirt and hungry.
They are just kids after all.
Unless america has severally changed from when I was young we don't turn away starving dirty children. Even when we know some are being used for leverage. We don't have to let those using them for leverage win. Feeding and cleaning kids gets them no closer to whatever goal they have.
Taking care of the kids is something we can do while we debate what to do about them and the adults.

The issue is the quantity over the short period of time. You might be able to cloth and feed 1, 2, heck even 6 or 7 yourself. However, what if 100 are at your door? Then what do you do? We are talking tens of thousands here nationally, and more on the way. the system is being overrun, and why? Is it for political power chess by the parties?

Still doesn't change the fact that they are here and they are kids. We shouldn't just turn away. Even if I personally don't know what to do I can't just give up and pretend they don't mater.

Using them as pawns makes me want to throw my vote away on third party or not vote at all......

That is the reality....the influx simply has overrun our ability to properly manage. So, if Congress does not fund these programs, yet they get their followers the decry the problem ("think of the children") then, who is really to blame? This has been going on for decades, and once the current president actually began FOLLOWING the law, the influx was ramped up and publicized as "not a crisis" by many politicos. But, it was and IS a crisis....isn't it? So, why do you think they didn't agree it was a crisis months ago and put through legislation to fix the issue?

Because it would not benefit them in their resistance against a legally elected president that was not in the proper party.

Political pawns...all of them, unfortunately.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Do you think the illegals coming here really care about you or this country?

Some of them don't.
But I think like with any group of human beings most of them are decent people that do care about others.

Some of them even LOVE this country. Yes, it's possible to love this country but still break some of it's laws. I do.
And I bet you break the law sometimes too. But you still love it here.

I think people need to believe that all or a majority of illegals are bad people so they don't feel guilty for hating or fearing, or seeing them as a threat.
When the truth is, so I believe, that most illegals coming here are just here to have a good quit life. To love and be free. Same thing that you and I want.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

of course if they claim asylum we cannot in good conscience send these poor children back to their country of origin. They must become wards of the state, to be adopted out post haste.

...hey frankie, you need a kid with REAL small hands, like lightning fast. This kid rico, 30 sec to jump.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

Wall construction is going too slowly. It's only expected to be 50% completed by the 2020 election.

We would have not had that incredible video last week of 1,127 people illegally streaming across the fence and into the USA, if the Wall was there.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join