It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holocaust Survivors Respond To AOC's Concentration Camp Comments

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Keep telling yourself that corporate censorship and gatekeeping civil discourse isn't fascism.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I can’t imagine Jews breaking the law, violating national borders, just to get into the camps.

Why, what is wrong with your imagination?

They did try and cross borders without applying for entrance, or exit visas.

And, no doubt some of them broke other laws, too. It happens with large populations. More so when they are desperate.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
a reply to: watchitburn

It's hilarious that you seemingly believe the people in that little picture of yours are immigrants. I'm keen to gain an understanding into the inner workings of the mind of a fool, tell me, what immigrants would draw a swastika onto a US flag before burning it, and then decide to try and gain entry into that country?

And the swastika/US thing, I totally understand why some people make the comparisons

Do you even Google?

Hondurans burn American flag outside embassy

Two people burn a United States flag in front of the American Embassy, on Oct. 19, 2018, in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, during a protest in favor of the caravan of migrants that is currently stuck on the Guatemala-Mexico border. (Fernando Antonio/AP Photo)

Source
They were burning the flag in support of the caravan.

What's hilarious is you have a world of information at your fingertips. But apparently refuse to make the slightest effort to stay informed outside the MSM news cycle.

edit on 23-6-2019 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Keep telling yourself that corporate censorship and gatekeeping civil discourse isn't fascism.

OK, it isn't facism, as per the definition previously supplied.

Happy?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

History showed it wasn't necessary, there was no known spy among the incarcerated Japanese on the CONUS. In Hawaii, was different story. Japanese spies gave ship and aircraft numbers and movement.

Maybe comparing apples to oranges, there were no muslims rounded up and incarcerated after the world trade center attacks. Possibly one or two associated with the hijackers were arrested. 1000 arabs were rounded up and jailed for awhile in NY city, allegedly to cover for the arrest of the 5 dancing Israelis as not to anger them. 5 High Fivers

Five "dancing" Israelis were arrested in New Jersey but were soon let go by US AG John Ashcroft.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I can’t imagine Jews breaking the law, violating national borders, just to get into the camps.

Why, what is wrong with your imagination?

They did try and cross borders without applying for entrance, or exit visas.

And, no doubt some of them broke other laws, too. It happens with large populations. More so when they are desperate.

Ummm. . . . you either don't get it because you're mentally incapable of getting it or you're just an evil leftist that likes to mock Jews.

Pick.
edit on 23-6-2019 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

I'm keen to gain an understanding into the inner workings of the mind of a fool,

You live in one, some introspection may enlighten you.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

: a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control

Sounds about right. I think he understands the word completely.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

What's hilarious is you have a world of information at your fingertips. But apparently refuse to make the slightest effort to stay informed outside the MSM news cycle.

And what's even funnier?

Those people are not immigrants, as the previous poster was trying to claim

originally posted by: watchitburn

I'm keen to gain an understanding into the inner workings of the mind of a fool,

Speak of the devil

edit on -180002019-06-23T18:47:43-05:000000004330201943062019Sun, 23 Jun 2019 18:47:43 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

: a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control

It might sound right to you but who is the dictator and autocrat that the Democrats are putting in place?

That role is closer towards what Trump is attempting to instigate with himself in a place of dictatorial autocracy over Congress and the Judiciary. You know it's true.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Or the women in Korea. Or anywhere else the Japanese were the occupiers. What that has to do with the loyal Americans who were wrongly interred here, I'm not sure.

Wrong is still wrong.

Comparing the holding of illegal aliens with the internment of japanese-americans during WWII is a false narrative. I believe someone called it comparing apples to oranges...

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
a reply to: JAY1980

And what's even funnier?

Those people are not immigrants, as the previous poster was trying to claim

originally posted by: watchitburn

Speak of the devil

Not to mention that Trump wants to remove birthright citizenship, retroactively, too.

I imagine that few Americans have access to the immigration approvals of their ancestors. So, those who are multi-generational citizens of the US immediately become 'anchor babies' and illegals, too.

Especially the ones descendant from the original settlers and founding fathers.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

It might sound right to you but who is the dictator and autocrat that the Democrats are putting in place?

That role is closer towards what Trump is attempting to instigate with himself in a place of dictatorial autocracy over Congress and the Judiciary. You know it's true.

You can't say anything not Democrat approved. They silence any and all opposition and offer "safe spaces" to ensure no one experiences anything they don't approve.

They want to remove checks and balances set in place to prevent tyranny to ensure they will win every election and maintain permanent power.

Your lies about Trump are just that, MSM induced hysteria, stop drinking the Kool-aid.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

You can't say anything not Democrat approved. They silence any and all opposition and offer "safe spaces" to ensure no one experiences anything they don't approve.

They want to remove checks and balances set in place to prevent tyranny to ensure they will win every election and maintain permanent power.

Your lies about Trump are just that, MSM induced hysteria, stop drinking the Kool-aid.

I have no communications with anyone in the Democrat party.

I'm not even a US citizen.

I have just watched what is going on there and I have little confirmation bias because it's not my government, President or party.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

So you know what the media of your choice wants you to know. Allow me to tell you, as someone who lives here, to find a new source of media. Your knowledge is based on lies. You know nothing about what is actually happening or what Trump is doing.

Trump fought for freedom of expression so liberals and conservatives both could express their views on college campuses. Democrats and the media went crazy and said he can't do that.
edit on 23-6-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Where are the Jews?

For the record, my rabbi agrees with her use of the term.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Then your rabbi is an idiot like them, and he clearly did not experience a Nazi concentration camp.

"AOC -- look at me. My name is Sami Steigmann. I am a holocaust survivor. I went through it. How can you -- looking at my face, telling me that the camps we have in the South are concentration camps? What you are doing is you are insulting every victim of the Holocaust. Shame on you!" Steigmann said.

www.foxnews.com...

“The opportunity you will have of visiting the German Nazi Concentration Camps along with Mr. Mosberg, a 93 year old survivor of history’s most brutal genocidal regime, will enable you to become a witness of a witness, something that our generation will sadly be the last to do, as result of the fact that the survivors are passing away at an ever increasing rate,” Daniels wrote in the invitation.

Daniels wrote that the organization did not believe her comments were made “out of spite or ill faith” but rather were “misguided comments” made from lack of proper knowledge about the Holocaust.

thehill.com...

Your Rabbi should do more to live up to his namesake.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   
The definition of fascism can be easily stated as:

‘Think how WE think, or we’ll attack you’.

Not ‘right wing’ not ‘left wing’ its just ‘fascism’.

Which is EXACTLY what the ‘left’ is practicing today.
edit on 24 6 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Asked in what way the university had restricted his freedom of speech, he said, “We have had many, many times on campus had to deal with the administration or teachers that have tried to limit us. One teacher ripped out a poster from one of our students and ran away and tore it up.”

www.tallahassee.com...

Trump's plan to protect free speech on campus is a bad idea
Consequently, all universities have the authority to decide on the virtues of truth and scholarship that go into determining who teaches and what should be taught. In doing so, the universities ought to respect the value of academic freedom.

Academic freedom is a different value from free speech

www.chicagotribune.com...

So the left wants academic freedom where colleges determine truth and limit anything that contradicts that truth.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:38 AM
link   

a reply to: Breakthestreak

Asked in what way the university had restricted his freedom of speech, he said, “We have had many, many times on campus had to deal with the administration or teachers that have tried to limit us. One teacher ripped out a poster from one of our students and ran away and tore it up.”

www.tallahassee.com...

Trump's plan to protect free speech on campus is a bad idea
Consequently, all universities have the authority to decide on the virtues of truth and scholarship that go into determining who teaches and what should be taught. In doing so, the universities ought to respect the value of academic freedom.

Academic freedom is a different value from free speech

www.chicagotribune.com...

So the left wants academic freedom where colleges determine truth and limit anything that contradicts that truth.

Yep.
Fascism.

What a surprise

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join