It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holocaust Survivors Respond To AOC's Concentration Camp Comments

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
AOC has received a lot of criticism for using the term "concentration camps" in describing the situation at our borders. However, many people, including the majority of her followers on Twitter have come to her defense. They believe the term that she used was accurate in describing the living conditions of illegal immigrants who are being housed at our borders. Even Rep. Ilhan Omar has jumped on the bandwagon:

Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn, is backing her freshman colleague, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., over the claim that there were "concentration camps" along the southern border, saying what the U.S. government is doing fits the "general definition."

www.foxnews.com...

I think both congresswomen fail to realize (or could care less) on how a comment like that demoralizes the agents working for Border Patrol. Many of them are doing their best in taking care of the immigrant's needs while they're being detained. Could it be better? Absolutely, but the problem is growing worse, mainly due to Congress's inability to provide more funding to help this dire situation.

Her comment also brings up a very sensitive subject for many Jews. AOC constantly uses hyperbole in order to gain attention from the media and her supporters. I understand her desire to make a name for herself in Washington, but she should choose her words more wisely in the future. Thinking before speaking is a HUGE challenge for a her.

edit on 6/23/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This is par for the course.

The painting of Trump conservatives as Nazis while engaging in actual fascism is incredible. The amount of people who fall for this garbage is truly sad.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Blame the airheads who elected that airhead extraordinaire...

She's like the wonky 5th grader who screams out weird statements when sstressed....

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I think both congresswomen fail to realize (or could care less) on how a comment like that demoralizes the agents working for Border Patrol.

I think having to round up large groups of people for incarceration purposes must be demoralizing enough, quite right

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I think internment camps is a much better term, especially since we are now starting to re-use the internment camps used on the Japanese during the world war.

Check out Fort Sill in Oklahoma and the protests going on right now, as the government announced they will send 700 children to this internment camp that housed thousands of the Japanese during our last period of history we try to forget.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Keep taking words reserved for evil and reducing there meaning to mearly bad when evil dose come you will have no words left to warn people

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I can’t imagine Jews breaking the law, violating national borders, just to get into the camps.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

Yes, children who have to be housed somewhere while their real parents are found after being rescued by whatever illegal kidnapped him/her to get across the border and possibly sell into sex slavery once across.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino
I think internment camps is a much better term, especially since we are now starting to re-use the internment camps used on the Japanese during the world war.

Check out Fort Sill in Oklahoma and the protests going on right now, as the government announced they will send 700 children to this internment camp that housed thousands of the Japanese during our last period of history we try to forget.

They are illegal immigrants.

Blame the parents please. If I came over to the US without a visa I would be deported within weeks.

Think about it...

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
No comparison to the Japanese citizens of ww2, these are foreign invaders!! Do you really need help understanding that? My parents we’re from another country and never spent a day detained, BECAUSE THEY FOLLOWED OUR NATIONAL LAWS!a reply to: Duderino

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

No comparison to the Japanese citizens of ww2, these are foreign invaders!!

"Foreign invaders"? That's almost as scary as "concentration camp", incarceration is still a bit much, but then again it's not like human rights means anything anymore, is it?

edit on -180002019-06-23T13:47:12-05:000000001230201912062019Sun, 23 Jun 2019 13:47:12 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Why anyone with brains listens to these two idiots is beyond me. What is even more puzzling is how two such atrociously educated people came to be elected in the first place.

America has lost it's collective ever-loving mind.

My country is dead.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

No comparison to the Japanese citizens of ww2, these are foreign invaders!!

Foreign invaders? Incarceration is still a bit much

The United States were at war with Japan. The internment camps were somewhat heavy handed but the tech was low back then and any one of those Japanese legal immigrants could have been a spy.

You're comparing apples to oranges.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Oh. You edited your post just as I replied.

Typical.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Oh. You edited your post just as I replied.

Typical.

Mis-read and adjusted accordingly

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I can’t imagine Jews breaking the law, violating national borders, just to get into the camps.

Palestine

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino

Ohh...the poor children! My gosh, we should just release them back into the hands of the human traffickers they arrived with according to you. Or, just relase them into the wild, how about South Chicago? Yes, that is much better for them, and you, isn't it? < facepalm >

Some people simply cannot think for themselves these days. Sad really.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I guess they look at this as the lesser of two evils when faced with the crime and drugs and poverty of the countries they are trying to get their precious children out of.
I am sure you did not choose to be born where you were born any more than these good people.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Were your parents seeking asylum from an unsafe country?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Looks to be like the same fruit. Groups of people who are scared of other groups of people.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join