It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK: Boy suspended from school for saying there are ‘only two genders’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The idea that it's not considered a mental disorder is baffling.

I might be baffling to you but its the view of the scientific and medical community that gender dysmorphia is in fact, not a mental illness.

You can agree or disagree but the fact remains.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

1. Biological sex and gender are different, that is to say, 2 biological sex's but multiple genders.

No. There are only two genders. This "multiple genders" crap is just that. BS.

2. That Gender Dysmorphia is not a mental illness.

It's a genetic aberration that leads to mental disorders in a group of people who make up .3% of the population, for which we have no justification for coddling.

Trans activism is what I have been discussing as well as the perversion of science by its adherents. Which is dangerous to society in my view, which is supported by facts.

Edit:

Also it's a DISPHORIA, not a DISMORPHIA.

edit on 23 6 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Midnite247
Again... A yank thing... The rest of us are popcorn.. I'm sick of listening to non trans arguing about trans issues...

Given that most stats give the number of people who identify as trans as about 3%, I would say that most people talking about trans issues are themselves not trans. There is nothing wrong with not being trans and wanting to have a discussion about trans issues to build on the understanding and tolerance of these issues.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: InTheLight

So exactly what I've been saying for some time... we are all a combination of "male" and "female" factors -- chromosomes, hormones, etc. -- in varying amounts and proportions and ratios, with each of us being a unique and glorious whole.... perfectly imperfect creations.

Therefore, it is impossible to quantify any such thing as an isolated and independent "gender;" it is only possible to quantify one's type of reproductive system... not a few isolated bits and parts. But an intricate and complex system, marked by specific internal and external organs. The former ("gender") is intangible and subjective... the latter (sex) is tangible and objective.

With all due respect, go back and read the sources.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I might be baffling to you but its the view of the scientific and medical community that gender dysmorphia is in fact, not a mental illness.

Well if the medical community would recognize the medical issue of gender dysporia as a direct link to mental issues like suicide, maybe we could save a hell of a lot of people.

The fact is a lot of confused people are dying by their own hand.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

No. There are only two genders. This "multiple genders" crap is just that. BS.

That might be you're opinion but its factually incorrect and demonstrates that you don't actually know what gender is. It has been explained to you what the the difference is already on this thread, if you chose to remain ignorant then thats up to you am not going to engage you in some kind of debate when you cannot even comprehend the fundamentals of the difference between gender and biologically assigned sex.

There really isn't much point in continuing this discussion.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I might be baffling to you but its the view of the scientific and medical community that gender dysphoria is in fact, not a mental illness.

Well if the medical community would recognize the medical issue of gender dysporia as a direct link to mental issues like suicide, maybe we could save a hell of a lot of people.

They do, its widely recognised that although gender dysmorphia is a medical condition it leads to mental illnesses. I actually think this is why a lot of people incorrectly assume that it's a mental disorder itself.

There are lots of medical conditions that lead to mental illness, this is acknowledged in the medical field.
edit on 23-6-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: JPtruther

I think he was suspended for being disruptive and disrespectful.

No, he was being honest. There are only two genders, the expression of which are written in our genes. Anything else is simply mental cases promoting gender dysphoria because of feewings or globalist agenda to further breakdown society. It's like that stupid survey about dating transgenders and calling people bigots for not wanting to. I'll date whoever I want, which is only real women.

It's a sad, stupid bizarro world now, whee did I put that damn reset button?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I would say that some dehumanized people are dying by their own hand.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Uh just wanted to mention it's not

Gender dysmorphia
or
Gender dysporia - sounds like diasporia - dispersal of Jews

It's Gender Dysphoria - the condition of feeling one's emotional and psychological identity as male or female to be opposite to one's biological sex. One might say it's a delusion that such is the case.

Are there two genders. Well there are two major biological types and there are some mixtures due to apparent genetic errors and there are some odd chromosomal genotypes. Is there a true third sex like a Ursula LeGuin alien culture. Not that we're aware.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Yes, and once upon a time, that same scientific community also thought you could tell a lot about a person by feeling the bumps on their head, that black people were subhuman, that flies spontaneously generated off of rotten meat, and that disease was spread through bad air, too.

edit on 23-6-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   
Its kind of unfortunate that this thread is more about the issue of biological sex vs gender rather than this kid getting suspended.

link   

This kid got suspended for that very reason.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes, and once upon a time, that same scientific community also thought you could tell a lot about a person by feeling the bumps on their head, that black people subhuman, that flies spontaneously generated off of rotten meat, and that disease was spread through bad air, too.

And once upon a time they thought gender dysphoria was a mental illness.

Times change as research advances our understanding of things.

Thats how it works.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

This kid got suspended for that very reason.

I think he was probably actually suspended because he videoed a teacher secretly then posted it online.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Understanding and tolerance? Of an issue that has zero relevance to you? Crap!! U know it! It's issue of the week, and if ur rent went up 100bucks or ur partner got arrested, or ur kid broke their arm, it would very quickly drop to zero reference!!! The fluctuating price of lumber in Michigan due to regentification is an equally valid issue with zero air time... This is an agenda, that is being pushed, by whoever, and picked up by the willing horde.. Pure and simple...

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

That might be you're opinion but its factually incorrect and demonstrates that you don't actually know what gender is.

Oh?

Then define gender beyond masculine and feminine traits based on our genetics?

It has been explained to you what the the difference is already on this thread, if you chose to remain ignorant then thats up to you am not going to engage you in some kind of debate when you cannot even comprehend the fundamentals of the difference between gender and biologically assigned sex.

Take your ball and go home then. I have less important things to do anyway.

There really isn't much point in continuing this discussion.

Why? Because I won't be cowed into sharing an opinion that is based on a delusion?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

I would say that some dehumanized people are dying by their own hand.

I think it's sad that people who like doing things outside society's rigidly idea of what is a man and what is a women are now pushed to think their entire physical existence is wrong, they're wrong, so much that they become suicidal and mutilate themselves with drugs and surgeries trying hard to fit inside those narrow stereotypes.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Yes, but times don't always advance for the better either. See: Dark Ages.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Can I ask...

Why do you struggle with this, you seem reasonable intelligent so why can you not understand the difference between biological sex and gender?

It's really not very difficult.

Personally I suspect that you are being wilfully ignorant because ignoring this fact is politically convenient for you if you oppose trans equality.

Its either that or you just being stupid and I honestly don't believe thats the case, so which is it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join