It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women with tattoos

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

I am going out on a limb here and assuming that most women (myself included) got their tattoos wherever they got them because they wanted to, and that they didn't give a rat's behind about what anyone- especially men- thought about them. I personally don't care if anyone sees my tattoos or not and I don't care whether they like them or care about their placements- they are for me and nobody else.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Congratulations.
Especially from us men.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Male or female I don't get face tats.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
it's nobody's business but the person themselves! same with piercings, they get funny looks too, # what other people think!

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well if the tattoos make sense, are artistic in design and have a story to go with them then she might be worth getting to know. If its some chick with a bunch of random crap inked all over her and the best story you can get is IDK...run away like if you were running from T1000 from the Terminator 2 movie.

...The more you know

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Why anyone gets tattoos, given their permanence, is a mystery that I'll probably never solve. But it seems to be the way of the world, adorning the flesh, altering the body as though making house improvements. All quite normal now.

Lip fillers are quite the thing now. A couple of women at work have them. They don't look terrible but it's certainly no improvement on what nature provided.

All this likely to become more prevalent as consumerism spreads its tentacles.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 23-6-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
People can get tattoos for any reason they want. That's fine with me. Free world.

I personally think they are trashy on a male or a female. I don't like them so I wouldn't have one.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I have freckles, lots of them, and I hate freckles. I'm always so envious of women with beautiful clear skin that they go and get all sorts of rubbish scrawled all over it. One friend has these awful sleeve tattoos and silly ink drawings even on some of her fingers... I don't get it, she has the face of a doll, just gorgeous and wide-eyed, total retro pinup looks that she just ruined. Several male friends of mine were gaga over her until she got inked. But she thinks it looks 'cool'. I think some people have a hard time imagining themselves much in the future or they get stuck at a certain maturity level.
edit on 23-6-2019 by Annagramma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Are tattoos really counter cultural anymore? They were getting 'trendy' in the early 90s around the time major record labels were leaping on "Alternative" music in a big way. Tattoos just strike me as a fairly normie way of coming across as edgy the past twenty or so years. If anything, the people I've known with a lot of tattoos tended to be quite cliquish in spite of their complaints about others judging them.

I've never known image-conscious people to be in general more interesting as individuals than their plainly dressed/styled counterparts. Frankly I've met many who are vacuous and shallow. As if all they need is to project a particular image and automatically there are people who circle around them thinking they are cool on that alone. I find it amusing you equate no tattoos with 'bland and boring', as if image is what counts over other traits. Fine if that is your value system. I suppose I judge those who live in newer, monstrous suburban subdivisions similarly.

Meanwhile one of the most fascinating, genuinely coolest people I ever hung around was a South African woman in her late twenties, with curly unstyled hair who'd wear teddy bear sweaters. She was super-friendly, well travelled, and would talk to just about anyone. She had sooo many stories to tell. Now SHE, in her very 'uncool' knitted sweaters, genuinely didn't care what people thought!
edit on 23-6-2019 by Annagramma because: paragraph breaks

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

"I only asked about women as I'm male and I know why blokes do it," says mister know it all who apparently knows every bloke in the world and knows that every single bloke in the world tattoos himself for one reason only, and that is to get more attention (as stated in the OP). He's probably looking for one reason to explain the behavior of all women too...

Good luck with all of that, OP!

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
I was at a birthday party for my six year old grandson yesterday where several of the "Moms" stayed to help. With a dozen six year olds you really do need help. All of them had tats. They were on arms or legs--all I could see :-) but none of them looked particularly artistic or meaningful. But among that age group (Mom's with 6 year olds) it appears to be quite common. The "Tramp Stamp" at the small of the back is exclusively for women.

And for you MEN who claim sexism here, good friggin' Lord, get a life! Don't you have anything better to do than make up a controversy so you can feel self-justified? What absolute nonsense!

Thanyou.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise

"I only asked about women as I'm male and I know why blokes do it," says mister know it all who apparently knows every bloke in the world and knows that every single bloke in the world tattoos himself for one reason only, and that is to get more attention (as stated in the OP). He's probably looking for one reason to explain the behavior of all women too...

Really - Grow up.

But duhh!!!!! - i listed 3 reasons why blokes do it. NOT - "one reason only". and one of those "as stated in the OP" was (( as a memory of something or someone ))

Honestly.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I have several tattoos and several reasons why. Personally for me they are an expression of something that has touched my life very deeply and/or something that is near & dear to soul.
I don't just get them on a whim. All of mine were achieved after a long, thoughtful process. A couple were designed especially for me.
Plus they mark designated periods in my life when I've had to fight hard.
I Am a 57year old lady that plans on getting more! One definitely on my hand. Peace to All

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise

Correction on my last post to you - i said i gave 3 reasons why blokes do it in my OP..... That is incorrect so sorry.
I actually listed why i thought blokes did it my reply to Woodcarver on page 2.

So once again sorry - enjoy your win on that one.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   
So i guess i better give my opinion now on tattoos.

Total exposure : ie face, hands, neck, ears, head - : bizzare behavior with no thought to future work relations or change of circumstances or appearance as a mature individual.

Coverable : no opinion either way but i sorely regret mine that's for sure. Even though i can cover my sleeves and chest tatts the pictures some 30 years later make no sense to me.

Women with total exposure : Terrible, guaranteed to regret intensly.
Women with coverable : So be it don't care but still kinda ticks the no box depending on artwork.

Men with total exposure : Terrible, doesn't make you tougher, any individual can pay a tattoo shop to eff up your appearance - i mean even the tattoo shop always says on the first one anyway - don't do it.
Men with coverable : so be it don't care depending on artwork.

So there it is.
edit on 24-6-2019 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Because they think it’s cool and makes a statement, same with men.

A better question would have been why do women get those stupid fake eyebrows that look like a pair of slugs on their forehead? I know because of fashion and beauty but it really doesn’t do anything for their beauty..

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Mental Reserve -vs- Open Minded...

Somewhere Therein Is The Freedom Of... Former Or Latter!

Why Is Not The Question... !!!

ETA: Everyone Who Was Between 15-35 In The Eighties Needs To Go And Get Their Money Back!...

edit on 24-6-2019 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

My fiance has several (5 maybe)

She just likes art a lot and considers her (nice) tattoos pieces of art from artists that she picked to do them.
She has some really nice flowers from two separate artists on her arm, that she eventually wants to fill into a half sleeve with art form multiple different tattoo artists.

She also has a cool, very simple mountain range type lines on the back of her neck because her last name roughly translats to 'of the mountain'

she also has a couple dumb ones that she got on friday the 13th, cuz places will give out $13 dollar tattoos on that day.
What can I say, she likes tattoos.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Riddle me this...

If a tattoo is for the person getting them, why are they often in a place where the person can't even see/appreciate them????? If it is for the beauty of the "art"??
The back, the back of neck etc..? I've never understood that.

Somehow I escaped with zero tats, and now I see that makes me really the unique one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join