It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Competition for The Best Metal Detectorist of The World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   
One of my subscribers posted the announcement on his YT channel, I think he'll be one of the judges. This is a competition to follow, just think about all those relics we are about to see and also a great opportunity to learn all different techniques used by the masters. European detectorists obviously can show the oldest finds, America has the most adventurous detectorist-explorers. I'd like to see winning someone from an unexpected part of the world.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I have found relics from viking age here in Denmark.. been waiting 4½ years for my relic letter and relic payment..
Here in Denmark the law say you most turn in relics older then the year 1500 to the national museum, because they have a historic value, and the finder is rewarded with a letter and a small payment, if its gold you always get the value the gold is worth + the historic value. But it take up to 5-6 years for them to process all the things that come in.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Did you make a video of the hunt and the relics ?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: Spacespider

Did you make a video of the hunt and the relics ?

Nahh.. been thinking about getting myself a go-pro and make a detector channel..

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
In the UK there are strict laws to prevent scumbags raiding barrows and other ancient sites. Most detectorists abide by them and if things are found they are declared, and a process to compensate the finder, or allow him/her to keep. Additionally, there are laws compelling developers to undertake surveys to prevent accidentality destroying covered archaeological sites.

For example... Staffordshire Hoard

new topics

top topics

join