It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced MagLev and UFOs?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

If you are looking for plausible exotic propulsion methods, an ion drive would be your best bet imho. Ionize the surrounding air and accelerate it around the craft using electromagnetic fields. And you'll get a plasma glow as a bonus.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

How would ionisation of surrounding air accelerated around a craft allow for propulsion? I take it you are creating a charge in the air by ionising it would you need an opposing charge in your craft so as repel it from the surrounding air? Similar to opposing magnetic fields?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: moebius

And guess what effect this magnetic field would have on any metals around

I wouldn't really be any metals now would it.

More like any ferrous material

You would get eddy currents in any conducting materials, assuming a dynamically changing magnetic field. And given the extreme field strengths needed to levitate anything, it would be a mess.

No one would notice that as all ferrous material, for what hundreds of yards, flew to the vehicle and stuck onto it. I laughed reading it, thinking of cartoons where that happens

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

originally posted by: one4all
They ionise the air.They create a Neutral Dimension field and travel within it by projecting it.

Ionising the air won't do it, and will also be useless in space. They warp space/time somehow.

Also, pushing off the Earth's magnetic field implies inertia, but we know that g-forces are not issues for them.

It is like they continually materlialize, and dematerialize which is one hell of a technology.

@ 2:08:35 you have some of your answer.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius
a reply to: CryHavoc

If you are looking for plausible exotic propulsion methods, an ion drive would be your best bet imho. Ionize the surrounding air and accelerate it around the craft using electromagnetic fields. And you'll get a plasma glow as a bonus.

Apparently this tech is already being used by the B2 bombers. I don't think it's the primary propulsion method though, instead it creates a "slipstream" around the aircraft that lowers the effects of mass and inertia to aid the jets progress through the atmosphere(plasma glow and all!).

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul
Oh ya! Since when has cost and weight stopped anybody.

But hey, it would take off, but then even the whole suspension market today would plummet. I mean who needs a costly upgrade to lift there truck that one extra inch, when the press of a button can do all that and more. The air suspension would not even come close to this version of suspension.

But I see why they did not go through with it. Besides the financial reasons why other companies would want to block it. Can you think of the shenanigans going on on the roads out there when you can just hop over things? Would at the very least make cops jobs a lot harder, at least in chases with there speed spikes would be pretty much useless.

And also, look what is happening even with semi automation they have in Tesla cars. This guy was caught sleeping in his car for more then 30 miles.
Tesla driver caught sleeping for over 30 miles.

And I heard the by 2024 there going to try and replace pretty much all cross country truck drivers with same sort of technology. Though they would have a hard time backing trucks into docks without changing the road and warehouse infrastructure as well. But there doing a halfway approach were the main hours on the road will be automatic then they would stop at a way stop before there destination were somebody would come and drive it in and out of warehouses or wherever they are going.

So ya! Mag lev, its actually simple technology. But like anything else. It would change things to much for people to catch up for years to come, even if it was out there right now. And also who wants to do all that work on changing the roads and pretty much everything else? There is this one part of a city were I live, were they have been working on the highway for over 30 years, and still just only updated it to one extra lane and cross bridge.

Much much easier and less time consuming and cheaper, to make AI do all the work of complete automatic driverless cars, then it is to make humans build a highways and all the politics and argument about pay.

edit on 10pmSundaypm232019f0pmSun, 23 Jun 2019 22:21:15 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join