It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Two Week Later Thread on Trump and Congressional deal on illegal aliens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Isn't your post sort of stupid?

Usually.

I wasn't addressing you specifically, I really respect that you made this thread. How did I ree though? Did it seem something offended me?

What you wrote was in direct contrast to my thread and you wrote it in my thread.

It's like you were complaining that no one would pay attention and you did it in a thread specifically designed to focus attention.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: projectvxn

Admit it, you're a time traveler. You've seen all of this before.

We have, but you don't have to be a time traveler:

- The accusations that labeled entire groups as criminals and degenerates.

- The round-ups and incarcerations that treated people like cattle, due to their vast numbers.

- The deprivations that the deportations forced upon the targeted groups.

- The issues of incarcerating, housing and feeding so many at once.

- And then, the final solution to the problem.

History repeats.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: projectvxn

Admit it, you're a time traveler. You've seen all of this before.

We have, but you don't have to be a time traveler:

- The accusations that labeled entire groups as criminals and degenerates.

- The round-ups and incarcerations that treated people like cattle, due to their vast numbers.

- The deprivations that the deportations forced upon the targeted groups.

- The issues of incarcerating, housing and feeding so many at once.

- And then, the final solution to the problem.

History repeats.

Are you referring to the actions of the last administration? Because each of those point also applied to them as well. The president then, though, was not orange.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Again and again with the same crap. I find it laughable with all the diseases we once eliminated and now making a comeback, we are not concerned with people coming from third world countries that have next to nothing for medical care. Instead its all BS over them having a "right" to be here. This kind of garbage is what will be the cause of the next great pandemic. I am sure once it happens AGAIN people will be rethinking "immigration".

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

It's spelled 'idict.'

Really now!, what is "idict"

www.dictionary.com...

verb (used with object)

(of a grand jury) to bring a formal accusation against, as a means of bringing to trial: The grand jury indicted him for murder.

to charge with an offense or crime; accuse of wrongdoing; castigate; criticize: He tends to indict everyone of plotting against him.

edit on 23-6-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

It's spelled 'idict.'

www.dictionary.com...

verb (used with object)

(of a grand jury) to bring a formal accusation against, as a means of bringing to trial: The grand jury indicted him for murder.

to charge with an offense or crime; accuse of wrongdoing; castigate; criticize: He tends to indict everyone of plotting against him.

There is a difference between the spellings of "idict" and "indict".

I also want to know what "idict" means. It does not appear to be a common dictionary word.

Perhaps it is a mashup of "edict" and "idiot"?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Wow. Stupidity really does come easily to some.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

It's spelled 'idict.'

www.dictionary.com...

verb (used with object)

I also want to know what "idict" means. It does not appear to be a common dictionary word.

Fair enough. You caught me with a typo while trying to correct someone's spelling. 10 points to your House, good sir.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13

Again and again with the same crap. I find it laughable with all the diseases we once eliminated and now making a comeback, we are not concerned with people coming from third world countries that have next to nothing for medical care. Instead its all BS over them having a "right" to be here. This kind of garbage is what will be the cause of the next great pandemic. I am sure once it happens AGAIN people will be rethinking "immigration".

Please identify the specific diseases and explain why affording them adequate healthcare would not remedy the situation.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13

Please identify the specific diseases and explain why affording them adequate healthcare would not remedy the situation.

Well, Tuberculosis (TB) for one. It is a highly contagious airborne disease that was decreasing in the U.S. That was until it had increasingly been found in the immigrants (both legal an illegal) coming into the United States.
Guidelines for Screening for Tuberculosis Infection and Disease during the Domestic Medical Examination for Newly Arrived Refugees

While TB is decreasing overall in the United States, there has been an increase in the percentage of TB cases in foreign-born individuals. For example, in 2017, 70% of TB cases were diagnosed in foreign-born persons in the United States, as opposed to 30% in 1993. In cities that are home to many newly arriving immigrants and refugees, rates of TB can be well above the national average. Additionally, the prevalence of drug-resistant TB or extrapulmonary TB cases, which are more challenging to diagnosis and manage, is higher among foreign-born persons [2]. Studies have indicated that reactivation of latent tuberculosis infection (LTBI), rather than recent transmission, is the primary driver of TB disease in the United States, accounting for >80% of all TB cases [2]. The risk of TB disease appears to remain high for many years after immigration, making it essential that clinicians identify and treat LTBI before TB disease develops [3].

At least, legal immigrants can be easily screened, treated, and assisted to educate them on not spreading this debilitating disease.

Illegal immigrants.....not so much. It's a roll of the dice that illegal immigrant working in your garden, in your home, or coughing next to you in the grocery line whether they are spreading TB to you or your children.

THAT is a reality. Unless, you do not believe the CDC.

edit on 6/23/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Wow. Stupidity really does come easily to some.

Don't be so self deprecating. Growth comes from learning and moving on.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Just as a side note; I have always advocated for amnesty. Even wrote a thread on it once.

But the "Open border" crowd, the "Sanctuary City" crowd, the leftists just kept pushing.

Well to the heck with them!

Kick them all out!

Even fat chicks who wear yoga pants when they really shouldn't.

They need to go as well.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

It's spelled 'idict.'

www.dictionary.com...

verb (used with object)

Fair enough. You caught me with a typo while trying to correct someone's spelling. 10 points to your House, good sir.

I also briefly considered if it might be a product of Apple Inc - iDict the portable electronic dictionary with Siri search capability and vastly expensive Bluetooth iLostOne ear buds.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Just as a side note; I have always advocated for amnesty. Even wrote a thread on it once.

But the "Open border" crowd, the "Sanctuary City" crowd, the leftists just kept pushing.

Well to the heck with them!

Kick them all out!

You mean that wanting to give illegals free healthcare at taxpayer expense and driver's licenses so they can be used as political pawns with voting capability was your breaking point?

Mine too.

Even fat chicks who wear yoga pants when they really shouldn't.

They need to go as well.

They can come round to my place.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Yes, I felt that if they'd been here, just do it.

Even spoke of how the Hispanic vote would turn towards Trump.

But the leftists had to push.

They wanted open borders.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

It's spelled 'idict.'

www.dictionary.com...

verb (used with object)

Try spelling it right! since your post was a jab at another's spelling

edit on 23-6-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

It's spelled 'idict.'

www.dictionary.com...

verb (used with object)

Try spelling it right! since your post was a jab at another's spelling

There is a huge difference between a typo, and a blatant misspelling of a word.

All things considered, I now know I made a typo, and this thread now knows how to properly spell the word.

Let's end this side discussion here.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I was just replying to your post, I knew what you meant. Anyway, c'mon, we all enjoy a bit of irony now and again

On the topic, what are the logistics of rounding up a few million people? Is it possible, how long till it goes sideways?
I get the problem but this solution has a "bad part of history" feel to it.

JM2C, don't have an answer.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I was just replying to your post, I knew what you meant. Anyway, c'mon, we all enjoy a bit of irony now and again

On the topic, what are the logistics of rounding up a few million people? Is it possible, how long till it goes sideways?
I get the problem but this solution has a "bad part of history" feel to it.

JM2C, don't have an answer.

I've recently been wondering if they could engage or otherwise recruit bounty hunters to find and bring these people into the feds hands? That would extend the ability to find and capture more people than just the feds. Bounty hunters typically know their areas pretty darn well, a lot better than the feds.

I don't know the answer to that question, which is why I am asking here.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I think it could be problematic to have "private contractors" doing this work, you're probably right though, about them being able to do the job.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join