It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing electricity going through power lines ???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hi hope you’re all ok. Not sure if this is in the right place, but here I go.....

I’ve had this since I can remember. I live in the UK and every time I pass under power lines I can see a fuzz (best thing I can compare it to when the predator goes invisible) flowing across the power lines. I’ve asked others as we pass if they can see it but they can’t. It’s not floaters in my eyes as this only happens on the power lines. It doesn’t happen all the time, but it does happen more then it doesn’t. What could it be ? And does anyone else get this ?

Thanks in advance.
edit on 22-6-2019 by rikgrimsby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
You are not seeing electricity moving through power lines......

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rikgrimsby

Your imagination. Electricity doesn’t even move through the power lines like you are describing. It oscillates back and forth. There is a detectable field around power lines, but you you wouldn’t be able to see it with your eyes. It would be way outside your physical ability to detect with the mechanics of your eyes.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Some people do not have as many veils up as everyone else, and can see other "things".

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork
Some people do not have as many veils up as everyone else, and can see other "things".

yeah but not electricity moving through power lines.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

People that can't see things, will swear you can't either. I too have seen it. Especially during high usage events. You may be seeing a change in the moisture, like a mirage effect.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Rather than a physical perception, since the body may not have the "mechanics" to see such a thing, it's instead a phenomenon of the astral body seeing it.
Psychic seeing. Or astral vision.

edit on 22-6-2019 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It's possibly just heat waves, as the power cords are black and get dang hot.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Your imagination. Electricity doesn’t even move through the power lines like you are describing. It oscillates back and forth. There is a detectable field around power lines, but you you wouldn’t be able to see it with your eyes. It would be way outside your physical ability to detect with the mechanics of your eyes.

You beg the question that he was using his eyes. Psychics have reported "seeing" magnetic fields around electrical wiring using their clairvoyance, which superimposes non-optical imagery upn the optical background field.
You also beg the question that he was clairvoyantly observing electricity. Instead, he could have been detecting the oscillatory magnetic fields that surround the power cables.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Holy smokes!
That's a cool idea to contemplate.

Does it make a difference on the voltage-level of the lines? Like high-voltage power lines, or lower voltage distribution lines?
Does your physical proximity matter?
Relative humidity? Temperature?
Uhhhm: perception enhancers? LoL.

Visual background? Landscape?
What you have eaten, or your state of mind?
Are there specific conditions when you observe this?

(post by Woodcarver removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

ARE you also colour blind?.

It is an extremely unlikely long shot but the reason I ask is that some people have phase shifted sight and can see slightly different in the spectrum than other people a side affect of some form's of so called colour blindness and also some colour blind people sea better in the dark.

That said the affect is extremely subtle and unless you are seeing with 'other' than your physical eye's (being a believer in the human soul and spirit I believe this to be a possibility and have seen thing's outside the rational view myself but not emanations from power cables), is this a constant affect or only in certain weather condition's and light level's, some cables have a higher resistance and can have a higher temperature which you may see if your eye's are particularly sharp as a form of heat shimmer though the temperature variance to ambient level's is usually very low, still they DO carry a lot of potential difference in alternating (push pull or wave form) cycles of energy.

The reason AC is used in power lines is because of something called Inductive Capacitance which impedes the flow of direct current electricity over distance, since AC is not flowing but rippling if you like - like ripples on a pond's surface - it encounters much less impedance though it does still affect AC over distance it does so far less greatly than DC.

I personally doubt you are seeing anything other than a potential heat shimmer from warm cables and even that is unlikely but you know what you see and that other's do not see it so expect your experience to be subjective and perhaps unique to yourself though others may have a different take and it is perhaps possible that someone else whom has experiences a similar phenomena may speak up on the issue.

It is unusual but not unheard of to see affects during rain especially in high voltage cables as well as even spark's on occasion were the rain itself may have a differential charge to the cable sufficient for the inductive affect of the cables ambient magnetic field to not equalize the potential before the rain enter's the arc distance necessary for a spark to be emitted.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: rikgrimsby
It doesn’t happen all the time, but it does happen more then it doesn’t. What could it be ? And does anyone else get this ?

Thanks in advance.

In times of very low humidity (very dry conditions), these high voltage cables can glow faint purple or blue.

This is why it doesn't always happen. It depends on humidity / weather condition.

And the glow can be very faint, not everyone will be able to see it.

edit on 22-6-2019 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: danbuter
It's possibly just heat waves, as the power cords are black and get dang hot.

I was thinking the same. I remember seeing something similar in the summer when I was a kid.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I believe you when you say you can see it. Its amazed me that my dog wont go near a power chord but will play with any rope on the floor. Think they have some ability to see in UV spectrum as other animals do.

Animals can see UV spectrum

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
If the voltage is high enough it may be possible to see it.

From Wikipedia
A corona discharge is an electrical discharge brought on by the ionization of a fluid such as air surrounding a conductor that is electrically charged. Spontaneous corona discharges occur naturally in high-voltage systems unless care is taken to limit the electric field strength.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767 the weather doesn’t effect it and it is more like a see through fuzz like I said.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Have you ever been around high power magnets anywhere else and if so did you notice a similar field around them? If not might be worth a try to see if it is magnetic field related.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   

There could be many reasons - scientific, biological or supernatural. I would hope that the responses are not too scientific. Otherwise this thread will be too one-sided.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Johndeere2020 made a statement above that changed my opinion it is quite possible you are seeing something that others are blind too.

I have seen thing's I would rather not mention as I have elsewhere on this site of a more ghostly nature and they were not hallucinations so most of us see thing's at least once in our lives that science can not explain - or of which we have insufficient date to form a workable scientific hypothesis that would fit the phenomena precisely.

Were electromagnetic fields are concerned however I do believe that there are affects that can manifest in a very personal manner, we each have a unique bio-electrical field more unique even than our fingerprint's but also not fixed as it can change as we age and due to our health even our mental state and emotion's, as to seeing though it does sound to me that you may have a phased vision range - I am actually colour blind myself but only subtly and when they give you those colour test cards most people see a number 4 but I see a clear trident shape and though I failed the Royal navy's colour blindness test I did have no problem with a wire bundle test I was given (I never served but we were at a time of international tensions I was young and wanted to do my duty to protect my nation and family but it was a storm in a tea cup so I never went in - anyway they had offered me weapon's engineer instead of articifer due to my colour blindness and since we were at peace I decided not to join).

I do not know what you are seeing unless it is heat shimmer as I suggested and those lines are hot which if they are carrying a lot of current is possible but I do accept that you are seeing something.
edit on 23-6-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join