It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the U.S. armed forces take out the Mexican drug cartels?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2
a reply to: r0xor

You just couldn't help yourself could you?

You just had to bring Donald J into a conversation about a problem that existed long before the current administration, and will exist long after Trump is gone.

Ppl with TDS really need to get some help. Their hatred is spilling over into, and clouding judgement on completely unrelated things.

Question: What day does the fourth of July
fall on this year?

Answer: Trumps a dangerous idiot.

I mentioned him because it's relevant. The OP would never consider realistically the notion of U.S. Armed Forces violating Mexican sovereignty and starting a major conflict that affects all facets of the U.S./Mexico relationship including trade and defense cooperation with our southern neighbor if Trump weren't currently President having the immigration emergency center stage on MSM.

It could be any President with the same current situation. Him being in authority with this cause led to the thoughts and ideas that this thread is about. I have nothing against him, I wanted him to defeat Hillary Clinton for the Presidency in 2016. I'm not a fan or an opponent.

I understand by bringing him into conversation in anything but an exemplary good light causes a kneejerk reaction and that's understandable, I know the pulse of the forum. It's pro-Trump and aggressive to anything critical of him. I'm at liberty to write it how I see it regardless of that because I'm not looking for stars, flags, pats on the back from fellow members to feel more cozy and included in a group. Those things are nice and make the experience better but I stay true to who I am, not what others would like to see.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

You just couldn't help yourself could you?

You just had to bring Donald J into a conversation about a problem that existed long before the current administration, and will exist long after Trump is gone.

Ppl with TDS really need to get some help. Their hatred is spilling over into, and clouding judgement on completely unrelated things.

Question: What day does the fourth of July
fall on this year?

Answer: Trumps a dangerous idiot.

Perhaps trump can get the Mexicans pay for the invasion, like the wall.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Strate8

I'm ignorant and believe legalization is the best solution.

Legalized pot in Colorado did not result in all pot being produced and sold at authorized outlets. Only tourists buy from those. The illegal drug trade is at least as big as it ever was there so learn your facts before saying legalizing will shutdown cartels and illegal drug trade.

It is a weed that grows anywhere. Maybe the problem isn't the substance itself, but the various players trying to make bank off of the plant. If is cheaper and easier to simply purchase from unregulated dealers versus govt approved stores, maybe there is still a huge problem in the implementation.

It is about giving people freedom or it is all about the $$$$ .. When govt regulations are too burdensome, black markets are soon to follow. Just like what happened during alcohol prohibition. Why should there be govt approved businesses that deal with a plant/weed which grows anywhere?

I have a feeling you already know the answer and it has nothing to do with saving us from ourselves.

The only way this mess will ever be cleaned up is to take the profits out of it.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Thats false. I don't know how old you are, but there was talk of military operations in foriegn countries going back to the coc aine days in the eighties. Then it was Columbia.

The war on drugs, and the options of that war, including spec ops have been around for decades throughout both Rep and Dem administrations.

The OPs suggestion was not dependent on administration, IMO. They were just putting out an option for dealing with a situation that is killing ppl.

If you want to tie your opinions to your TDS, it really doesn't make any difference to me, but it might make you a happier person if you could seperate issues.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
a reply to: Strate8

I'm ignorant and believe legalization is the best solution.

Legalized pot in Colorado did not result in all pot being produced and sold at authorized outlets. Only tourists buy from those. The illegal drug trade is at least as big as it ever was there so learn your facts before saying legalizing will shutdown cartels and illegal drug trade.

It is a weed that grows anywhere. Maybe the problem isn't the substance itself, but the various players trying to make bank off of the plant. If is cheaper and easier to simply purchase from unregulated dealers versus govt approved stores, maybe there is still a huge problem in the implementation.

It is about giving people freedom or it is all about the $$$$ .. When govt regulations are too burdensome, black markets are soon to follow. Just like what happened during alcohol prohibition. Why should there be govt approved businesses that deal with a plant/weed which grows anywhere?

I have a feeling you already know the answer and it has nothing to do with saving us from ourselves.

The only way this mess will ever be cleaned up is to take the profits out of it.

If it were just weed, it wouldn't be that big of a deal nowdays.

The opiates, and phentinol, however have the potential to destroy a generation. We are talking about more deaths in one year than in the entire Viet Nam conflict, just to put it in perspective.

It's fine to just say let the addicts kill themselves. No big deal.

The reality is not that simple. It destroys entire families. It causes crime, which hirts innocent bystanders. When an addict runs out of money, which they will because they won't be able to hold a job, they will do just about anything for the next high.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The cartels control their government. What you're asking for is a war with Mexico.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
All they have to do is ask Trump for help....America is a good Neighbor.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join