It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really! FAA Issues NOTHAM in Wyoming for a Rocket Launch?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
NOTAM Number FDC 9/9750. Seems to coincide with all of that Iran stuff. Plus there was another back in April. Something about "Crazy woman creek". So as of right now this FAA NOTAM remains open until June 23, 2019 to divert all aircraft from said location? So it was put in place for a rocket launch or something else? I mean so what type Space Operations rockets are launched 17 miles away from Buffalo, Wyoming? NORAD is located in the state so this could me the "mini me"

Issue Date : June 20, 2019 at 2225 UTC Location : 17 MILES SSE OF BUFFALO, Wyoming Beginning Date and Time : June 23, 2019 at 1500 UTC Ending Date and Time : June 23, 2019 at 2000 UTC Reason for NOTAM : TO PROVIDE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR ROCKET LAUNCH ACTIVITY Type : Space Operations Replaced NOTAM(s) : N/A Pilots May Contact : SALT LAKE CITY (ZLC) ARTCC, 801-320-2560 Jump To: Affected Areas Operating Restrictions and Requirements Other Information

NOTAM

edit on 22-6-2019 by Waterglass because: typo and added

edit on 22-6-2019 by Waterglass because: revised

edit on 22-6-2019 by Waterglass because: changed title too complex

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

NORAD is not located in Wyoming. It used to be HQ'd at Cheyenne Mountain, which is near CO springs, Colorado. Now NORAD is HQ'd at Peterson AFB also in CO Springs.

People think NORAD was in WY because of the 'Cheyenne' mountain name.

edit on 6/22/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Thanks, old web site stuff.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

No active NOTAMs for Jackson County, WY (BYG).

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Probably some kind of an experiment or meteorological sounding rocket.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

NORAD is not located in Wyoming. It used to be HQ'd at Cheyenne Mountain, which is near CO springs, Colorado. Now NORAD is HQ'd at Peterson AFB also in CO Springs.

People think NORAD was in WY because of the 'Cheyenne' mountain name.

Actually, NORAD moved it's operations back to Cheyenne mountain. Peterson was temporary while the mountain got some upgrades.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

It's a rocketry club. They fly from Buffalo, Wyoming. It's the Wyoming High Flyers Rocketry Club. They have FAA clearance up to about 10,000 feet. Look at the altitude in the NOTAM. It only goes to 15,000 feet. The NOTAM is active only for June 23rd, when they'll be launching.
edit on 6/22/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

How is it that Zaphod continuously makes my jaw drop in awe at the depth and breadth of his knowledge?

Is he right? Hell if I know. BUT I'll never bet against him.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Tanga36

The details of the NOTAM gives it away. If it was a missile, or a rocket going into the upper atmosphere the altitude would be surface to somewhere in excess of 70-80,000 feet, and the distance would be more than 1 mile. With it only being a mile and 15,000 feet the only thing that made sense was a rocketry club. Then Google becomes your friend.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I read about that rocket club before I posted this thread as I used to launch them [Estes] when I was a kid. So when I read the articles and saw NOTAM and the word space I said no way. But wait, look at this:

Video

Top 5 Amateur Space Launches that Actually Worked!

Yikes. So today we have drones, cell phones and rockets oh my. One wonders whether an amateur will start the next war.

new topics

top topics

join