It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If faith was blind belief, why would it be of such importance?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Just because we can prove that we all share the same organisms and molecules doesn't prove that the complexity of human life, the brain, emotions, etc. developed from a plant or a tree.

And yet, the human body emulates plant and tree structure, in the brain, circulatory system and bone structure. Human emotion moves like a flock of birds or a school of fish in unison, whether it be as an individual, a family or a social construct.

edit on 23-6-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
a reply to: Woodcarver

What spirit of life made us from the earth?
Now you are literally begging the question. I have never seen a spirit. I don’t know what that is. Chemical reactions don’t need spirits.

Time for some Mystics knowledge in plain sight.

The probability field in quantum physics can be manipulated by consciousness even from one celled animals.
Any Planck scale point can be entangled with any other Planck scale point.
The pixel is energized and quantum particles appear according to the probability field.

The Amygadala in a human body can be reset to high awareness mode that will also bring low energetic bliss state.
If you increase energy level of the human body nerve system beware the increased body awareness that follows.
A person that goes from 10% body of awareness to 50% body awareness will feel 5 times more and can become overwhelmed. A human nerve system that have been neglected for decades hurts before the vibrating energy regenerates the nerve system and removed blockage. Allowing the unconscious mind to move your body will speed up recovery.

Laying of hands is a tool where vibrational energy from one human body can flow over and relax another human body. This causes a relaxation to happen and body stress melts away. If the person you push energy into start to overheat discontinue immediately.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

If you can show me that i have a belief that i cannot demonstrate plausibly, i will happily change my mind.

Plausibly? Best you go back to the drawing board with that one.

"(1) having an appearance of truth or reason; seemingly worthy of approval or acceptance; credible; believable: a plausible excuse; a plausible plot.
(2) well-spoken and apparently, but often deceptively, worthy of confidence or trust: a plausible commentator."

But no more factual than belief in a God. I can plausibly demonstrate intelligent design. No proof though.

Can you demonstrate the proof that this world was here 4.5 billion years ago? Can you demonstrate that the chemistry of this world is constant? Plausible? Belief? Faith? Looks all the same to me. Does science change their proof of yesterday today? Will science change their proof of today tomorrow? Plausible? You have no idea of what you are saying.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I've already confirmed what you've stated above as true, but you can't prove that it all evolved into a complex human or how it evolved into a complex human.

What part of all the various forms of life on earth are related do you not understand? We all evolved from the same very early simple form of life. That is the evidence that humans evolved from earlier forms of life.

just because all life on Earth contains the same materials, does not automatically prove that more complex came from more simple life forms. It just says that the all contain the available material existing on the Earth!

If I make little cupcakes, and use the same ingredients to make a huge layer cake, does that mean one of the cupcakes developed into the cake? Nope. I am the Creator of both, using the same kitchen ingredients.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I've already confirmed what you've stated above as true, but you can't prove that it all evolved into a complex human or how it evolved into a complex human.

What part of all the various forms of life on earth are related do you not understand? We all evolved from the same very early simple form of life. That is the evidence that humans evolved from earlier forms of life.

just because all life on Earth contains the same materials, does not automatically prove that more complex came from more simple life forms. It just says that the all contain the available material existing on the Earth!

If I make little cupcakes, and use the same ingredients to make a huge layer cake, does that mean one of the cupcakes developed into the cake? Nope. I am the Creator of both, using the same kitchen ingredients.
Not just the same materials, the same DNA molecule sequences. Look up mitochondria, it is how we can do paternity tests. We use to visually see the relationships between even distantly related organisms.

I don’t believe you haven’t looked into this at all.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

If you can show me that i have a belief that i cannot demonstrate plausibly, i will happily change my mind.

Plausibly? Best you go back to the drawing board with that one.

"(1) having an appearance of truth or reason; seemingly worthy of approval or acceptance; credible; believable: a plausible excuse; a plausible plot.
(2) well-spoken and apparently, but often deceptively, worthy of confidence or trust: a plausible commentator."

But no more factual than belief in a God. I can plausibly demonstrate intelligent design. No proof though.

Can you demonstrate the proof that this world was here 4.5 billion years ago? Can you demonstrate that the chemistry of this world is constant? Plausible? Belief? Faith? Looks all the same to me. Does science change their proof of yesterday today? Will science change their proof of today tomorrow? Plausible? You have no idea of what you are saying.

I chose that word correctly.

And yes. It has been shown through multiple disciplines of science that our multiple ways of dating different things is quite accurate.

The idea of gods existing is not plausible, because, as you have very generally noted. There is no evidence to support the existence of god.

This lack of evidence is the entire point of needing faith, as i have needed to point out at least eight times in this very thread.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Not just the same materials, the same DNA molecule sequences. Look up mitochondria, it is how we can do paternity tests. We use to visually see the relationships between even distantly related organisms.

Ok, so? That's just how living things are sequenced? To follow the cupcake/cake analogy... first you cream the butter and sugar, then add the eggs & oil, then the flour mixture. If the sequence is off, it doesn't turn out right. Similar sequencing in life forms on planet Earth just makes sense.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Faith is the certainty God exists.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Faith is the certainty God exists.

If you want to make up new definitions for words that already have definitions. If you can post a source for that definition from a reliable dictionary, i’ll drop the argument.

asserting a claim is not the same as demonstrating why it is correct.
edit on 23-6-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

and your claim is correct because some men wrote it in a book?

Mine too!

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Mine too!

lol. Again with a misrepresentation. Those facts aren’t just written in a book. They have decades of work performed by thousands of people from hundreds of labs all over the world.

Are you denying the extremely vast amount of scientific study that goes into those books? Observations and experiments?

Your book doesn’t measure up. It doesn’t have any supporting evidence. And you agree with that. That is so wild.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Mine too!

do you have a source for that new definition? Or are you just going to ignore that along with all of my other sources i took the time to bring to you. Hand fed you a bunch of really good sources. You haven’t backed up anything you’ve said so far.

If you don’t or can’t source your claims, everyone will see that you have no substance to your claims.

You’re proving my point with every post that ignores the facts i have presented. You are doing more to discredit yourself than i am.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Ok, so? That's just how living things are sequenced? To follow the cupcake/cake analogy... first you cream the butter and sugar, then add the eggs & oil, then the flour mixture. If the sequence is off, it doesn't turn out right. Similar sequencing in life forms on planet Earth just makes sense.
ok so? You obviously don’t understand the first thing about genetics.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

What spirit of life made us from the earth?
Now you are literally begging the question. I have never seen a spirit. I don’t know what that is. Chemical reactions don’t need spirits.

Time for some Mystics knowledge in plain sight.

The probability field in quantum physics can be manipulated by consciousness even from one celled animals.
Any Planck scale point can be entangled with any other Planck scale point.
The pixel is energized and quantum particles appear according to the probability field.

The Amygadala in a human body can be reset to high awareness mode that will also bring low energetic bliss state.
If you increase energy level of the human body nerve system beware the increased body awareness that follows.
A person that goes from 10% body of awareness to 50% body awareness will feel 5 times more and can become overwhelmed. A human nerve system that have been neglected for decades hurts before the vibrating energy regenerates the nerve system and removed blockage. Allowing the unconscious mind to move your body will speed up recovery.

Laying of hands is a tool where vibrational energy from one human body can flow over and relax another human body. This causes a relaxation to happen and body stress melts away. If the person you push energy into start to overheat discontinue immediately.
Not a single source. You’re gonna pull out some high brow science fiction without a source?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

What's clear is that you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Keeping a database of DNA sequencing is just that, data. I haven't seen one thing that you've presented that says that this data has provided any useful information yet outside of coming up with "possible" health care treatments. One of your links made the statement, "Whatever our common ancestor is"? There isn't anything in your "facts" that tells us who that common ancestor is, much less show us the "demonstrated evidence" that any one species evolved into a human. You're reaching. Give it up. new_here never argued that we didn't share the same molecules, you're just arguing with yourself at this point because you've got nothing and you can't even comprehend what you're reading any longer.

edit on 23-6-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

What's clear is that you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Keeping a database of DNA sequencing is just that, data. I haven't seen one thing that you've presented that says that this data has provided any useful information yet outside of coming up with "possible" health care treatments. One of your links made the statement, "Whatever our common ancestor is"? There isn't anything in your "facts" that tells us who that common ancestor is, much less show us the "demonstrated evidence" that any one species evolved into a human. You're reaching. Give it up. new_here never argued that we didn't share the same molecules, you're just arguing with yourself at this point because you've got nothing and you can't even comprehend what you're reading any longer.

Like i said. You don’t understand what the data even says. And you won’t look it up and learn it, because your personal fantasy is more important than learning about the real world.

That’s fine, but anyone can see that you just don’t care to have your claims tested, or else you would be citing some kind of sources. All you have is your word.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Like i said. You don’t understand what the data even says. And you won’t look it up and learn it, because your personal fantasy is more important than learning about the real world.

See, you're just continuing to blabber on about nothing. I've already done my research on this subject and it points to us all having been created from the dust of the earth. Do your own comparison with it.

Here's a cheat sheet for you start with and to go off of...

en.wikipedia.org...

When you find an article showing that science has proven who our common ancestor is and the steps they took to determine that in a definite manner, and without speculation, post it, but I won't hold my breath.

edit on 23-6-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

I do not believe that any type of faith is blind.

I believe that our faith (as a Christian) is grounded in the truth of God's words, the Holy Scriptures.

Faith is never blind even in the world. e.g. (and this might be to simple) When you sit down in a chair at a restaurant you do so with faith that the chair will hold you. That faith is grounded in the fact that many other chairs like it over the past have held you and so by faith you will sit in one without ever taking time to check it out to be sure.

So faith s not blind, for the Bible says,

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Heb 11:1 ¶ Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Though our faith be in a person we have not seen, in the context of the Chapter I quoted in Hebrews shows us that faith is rooted in God and his words. I have yet to know of anyone ever having "blind faith".

edit on 6/23/2019 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Attacking the opponent in a debate is the only recourse for those with nothing to volley!

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I do not believe that faith is blind. I believe that our faith is grounded in the truth of God's words, the Holy Scriptures.

That sounds like the very definition of blind faith to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join