It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm going to Iraq, will my account be deleted?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
Most of what I read here is sentimental tripe, and it's left a bad taste in my mouth. The best I read is what Anarchist said later, which is indeed true, he is going to fight a pointless war, and putting his life in jeopardy for nothing. Thank you for your honesty and thank you for showing up a lot of the rubbish spouted by others "of serving your country"

But, do know this, if you don't support this war, if this is against your will, you have a right not to fight. However, this may put you in jeoardy and I understand that, but at least you won't have to kill for your government and live with this guilt.

Sentimental tripe ?!?!?!?!?!

I have a stepson in the army, who may be deployed. Your insensitive post gets you the same treatment as OOPS - IGNORED.

God, what a sorry example of someone that considers themselves 'above us all', but proves daily in their posts that they have a long way to go before they even catch up to 'the common man'.

You are not a "Child of God", just some arrogant lowlife trying to make themselves appear to be something special on ATS when in reality you are nothing at all.

[edit on 3/5/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

I have a stepson in the army, who may be deployed. Your insensitive post gets you the same treatment as OOPS - IGNORED.

God, what a sorry example of someone that considers themselves 'above us all', but proves daily in their posts that they have a long way to go before they even catch up to 'the common man'.

You are not a "Child of God", just some arrogant lowlife trying to make themselves appear to be something special on ATS when in reality you are nothing at all.

[edit on 3/5/2005 by centurion1211]

Can we get a mod to warn this guy for being such a stuck up @#$@#

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Most of what I read here is sentimental tripe, and it's left a bad taste in my mouth. The best I read is what Anarchist said later, which is indeed true, he is going to fight a pointless war, and putting his life in jeopardy for nothing. Thank you for your honesty and thank you for showing up a lot of the rubbish spouted by others "of serving your country"

But, do know this, if you don't support this war, if this is against your will, you have a right not to fight. However, this may put you in jeoardy and I understand that, but at least you won't have to kill for your government and live with this guilt.

Tusk Tusk

Yes, sentimental tripe, for someone who is going to fight an illegal war and a pointless war, for someone who does not even believe this war is legitimate. It does not make it legitimate - just because someone you love, is deployed out there. That is what we call selfishness.

And I am a child of god, well all are, but I have love for his creation, and those Iraqis are his creation too. As are those who going to fight with the Iraqis. I see a completely illegal and pointless war, I see a war where thousands of Americans and Iraqis are dying with no due cause.

So, yes, sentimental tripe. I would say the same to those family members of those Jihadi terrorists. Human emotions mean nothing, if there is no good cause.

[edit on 5-3-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
aye man stay low and be quick. dont let any poor snipers get you. make sure your gun is alwas reloaded and your fingers are ready to come to pull. stay with our guys and never stay alone!!

frag em!

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Hey Man....Good Luck in the sand. I'd be there now if I had the choice. Don't listen to a select group of people here. Remember one thing: OUR MISSION: De Oppresso Liber- To Free The Oppressed
Yes, you will have access to the internet when you come back from ops. Your ops may last from a few days to a few weeks. The Green Zone has an area set up just like the CRC's stateside. There are rooms set up just for internet access. DON'T try and be a hero...Hero's are remembered on marble blocks of stone. Remember what your NCO's tell you, and WATCH THEM. Again, GOOD LUCK!!!!!! Sine Pari

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   
To my anarchist brother.
I understand your feelings about the war and applaud you for doing your duty anyway.
Whether you think we are there for the right or wrong reasons know I hope you find a way to both stay alive and satisfy your sense of moral duty.
I hope you will post here upon returning as I suspect you might change your mind once over there. Either way you are doing your duty, and honoring your family and your country, the fact that you object to this war only makes your service that much more meaningful.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join