It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm going to Iraq, will my account be deleted?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Keep your head down, don't silhouette yourself ever, and no volunteering espessially to check out suspect IEDs. Unless of course it's in the MOS, then you will know what to do, most importantly, stay alive make the other sorry bastard die for their country.

HOOAH!

[edit on 4-3-2005 by ADVISOR]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
Nope, no net access...

Be safe...Don't go

what a winner!!! not....

Anyways...
I hope your safe over there...my prayers and best wishes are with you for a safe return!!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Good luck, it will be good to read some of your experiences when you return.

Stay safe!

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Be safe, and watch your back. No matter the situation, try not to let your sense of ethics go flying out the door.

Originally posted by Reaganwasourgreatest
To those of you few that give the ultimate sacrifice, that will be declared a frivolous endeavor by the Democratic party (Howard Dean)

I can say with certainty that no matter the person's political association, or even position before the war, most people support the troops in Iraq, and would NOT call what they're doing frivolous, by any means. I find it sad that you're so willing to put partisanship into a thread like this. Many people, myself included, feel that the end, a free Iraq, is a good thing, but the end does not justify the means. I'm not going to debate this here and now, because this isn't the thread to do it, and I will ignore any posts in this thread on this issue. This thread should be little more than a show of support for this person.

This person is going into a dangerous region, and right now, all that's needed is for us to show him our support. Partisan politics like the above are not needed. Please keep them out.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by supercheetah
I can say with certainty that no matter the person's political association, or even position before the war, most people support the troops in Iraq, and would NOT call what they're doing frivolous, by any means.

Amen I dont like this war anymore than most because of the way bush did it , but I dont and refuse to punish our troops , by cursing them for their efforts or saying they where frivilous.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Good luck brother, may the enemy loose his will at the sight of you and if not may God steady your hand and put a tremble in his. Listen to the guys who have been there a while they know of what they speak. Most importantly, Come home saluting the flag, not wrapped in it.

to you

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Why do people like to talk about God and war together? That's funny. I have a god of war too, he's the great 50 foot gorilla king kong!

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I think every Iraq bound soldier ought to make an announcement... it is a great way to give well wishes...

Others have already covered the important aspects of staying alive...

here are a few that are worthy of mentioning...

stay away from depleted uranium... no hanging around outside the ammo tent...
refuse any vaccines that they allow you to refuse.
try to avoid inhaling the desert dust, as much as possible...
and don't let the giant iraqi bed spiders bite... (just kidding on that one)

stay safe, and come back.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong

and don't let the giant iraqi bed spiders bite... (just kidding on that one)

What, you don't think their cute?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Yeah watch out for those pesky "little" camel spiders -

Good luck mate, hope you have a good experience out there and come back with loads of storys about governement conspiracies to share with us!

Keep posted and have a safe trip.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by phixion]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
You actually believe a guy who is a self claimed anarchist is going to iraq

This is a farce, he isn't going to iraq

are you?

sorry if you are anarchist you wont go

Heh, I should've seen this coming. I understand what you're saying, but it's not a "farce". I really am going to Iraq. I didn't become an anarchist until after I joined the Army, and unfortunately I am being deployed and I don't have much choice but to go. I had tried to apply for conscientious objector status when I was in Korea, because I realized I didn't want to kill anyone for our government. (Obviously it didn't go through.) Unfortunately conscientious objector status doesn't apply to me anyway, since I would probably defend myself and my loved ones if attacked. But I decided that if I get into a situation where I have to kill somebody over in Iraq, it will not be for my country or my government or whatever, it will be to protect my life and the lives of the few friends that I have in my unit here. (Sorry for all of you thanking me for my "service to our country". I don't really see how fighting in Iraq is doing anything to help defend the freedom of Americans, and I don't think waging war on the Iraqi people is really the best way to liberate them. But when I get to Iraq, I'm going to do whatever it takes to keep myself and my friends alive.)

As for the internet access in Iraq, yes, some places have it, some places don't. I won't know until I get there whether I have it or not.

Anyway, thanks all for your support. I just wanted to know if my account would be deleted like my hotmail accounts will be. I only mentioned that I was going to Iraq in the subject to make sure it caught attention and my question would get answered.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm glad you explained...

I hope you don't die just so you can come back and fight against the orders that insult life

I won't wish you good speed I just hope you have a strong gun and you know if you die it's your fault. You have a choice. RUN...ruin your life forver but you'll never regret the choice you made and the experience of an unjust war. and the memory of people you have killed that were defending their country from external aggression.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Haven't been here long enough to know you much, but reading your post, and the replies that followed....I can't stop crying.

I echo their sentiments. Please be very careful. Very careful and come back safe. Please.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Your Hotmail account can be saved by allowing a family member to access it once in a while.

Always keep your rifle clean. That sand can cause our weapons to misfire.Good Luck, straight shooting, good ale.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
You're a brave man with that explanation dude!! once the conservative's see this you're going to be nothing more than a traitor to them.

Peace be with you dude and get back to us all!

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
my friend dont go this is my advice. Dont be sheap that follows orders of ur government that all it cares about it the oil they will get in their pockets. If u know politics u will know that the US doesnt give a damn about iraqie people cuz they will not go into a war for the good of Iraqies.

I know u think that it is a partriotic act to go and fight for ur country but it is not. If the US was being attacked i would understand u willing to fight. but Us has nothing to do with iraq.

my friend, trust me i would feel bad if anything happens to innocent iraqies as much as i will feel sad for u if anything happens to u. dont waste ur life for some sick people who dont give a damn about ur life.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Most of what I read here is sentimental tripe, and it's left a bad taste in my mouth. The best I read is what Anarchist said later, which is indeed true, he is going to fight a pointless war, and putting his life in jeopardy for nothing. Thank you for your honesty and thank you for showing up a lot of the rubbish spouted by others "of serving your country"

But, do know this, if you don't support this war, if this is against your will, you have a right not to fight. However, this may put you in jeoardy and I understand that, but at least you won't have to kill for your government and live with this guilt.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
dude i know u guys who go to fight in iraq are not forced to. I must admit that those who do that are brave. But shouldnt they use their lives and courage for a just cause. not just go and kill urself for a goverment that did a good job of blinding the society with fear then sending them to war like sheeps.

i FEEL SAD FOR THOSE WHO WILL DIE FOR NO JUST REASONS BLINDED WITH FEAR THINKING THEY ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING AND DIEING FOR NOTHING.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Im over the big pond right now. You should be able to get internet all over Iraq. My unit is in southern Iraq and we chiped in and bought a system for the whole company. There are many free internet cafes too. Good luck to you and gods speed.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Keep a cool head, you'll be fine. Stay safe

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join