It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California City Proposes Giving Cash to Violent Gang Members Not to Commit Shootings

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I can see the irony in that.

Only liberal dems can make these kind of choices right?
edit on 6-22-2019 by Vigilantastrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Vigilantastrum

Right, but it it sure makes everything easier to think about when we can label it all with a D or an R

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Some kids are forced to join gangs. Some of the
gang leaders are grown men, enforcing a beat
down or join us policy. I know of several
friends in south Philly who moved from ghetto
neighborhoods to keep this from happening.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Mayor Tubbs in Stockton California already has a program like this one going. Many gangsters and homeless there. Now homeless are camping in public parks, and along streets. Shopping cart people. They push all of their belongings around in shopping carts, Maybe they will have crap maps there, like they do in San Francisco
edit on 22-6-2019 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrBlaq
a reply to: Xtrozero

Some kids are forced to join gangs. Some of the
gang leaders are grown men, enforcing a beat
down or join us policy. I know of several
friends in south Philly who moved from ghetto
neighborhoods to keep this from happening.

Ya I understand, have friends in the Air Force that got out of gangs. A good friend of mine told me his uncle beat the crap out of him because he would not get tats...

edit on 22-6-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: Xtrozero
We will pay you money to not gang...

this is a CA gang bust...I'm sure 15 bucks an hour is better than this...

But maybe they could get gov benefits.

So trade that 6 or 7 figures a year for 5 figures plus .gov benies.

It's a win win.

At this point, I think the US .gov should pay the gang members to shoot the california politicians for money. Would be better in the end.

No offense dude, but what have you been smoking in the Philippines, it sure has enlighten you to the truth what should be done with plastic bullets though, although I feel them scondroles need to hung high, but hey we are a nation of "wth" with no action for those stupid people in charge of our lives.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

See you down in Arizona Bay.

Yo homes.. like geev me.. i donno, a hungee.. or, like I know this guy, petey? Yeah petey.. Imma shoot him. you like that homes? I shoot him right in the eye homes.. so you better geev me the money..

This is blatantly racist.

I should be given money not to kill myself. Gods damn it..

edit on 22-6-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
There will be many more gangs forming to collect free moolah from the dumb cash cows. What kind of idiots are running California?

How long before MS13 and other California gangs unionize?
...and then, how long before they start donating to California politician's campaigns?

Murder Unions could soon become a real windfall for the Democrat Party.

edit on 22-6-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Advanced Peace Program, does it include dental as well ? You really don't get any smarter than these people do you. Let's give money to violent gangs who go around killing and stealing what's ours already, Californian officials they just never learn.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Published 5 hours agoon Jun 21, 2019

By Shane Trejo

As leftist California descends into bankruptcy and despair, the leftist-run city governments of the state are getting more radical with their liberal schemes to solve the many problems they helped to create in the first place.

The latest mind-boggling trend in California cities plagued with crime is actually paying gang members not to commit violent crimes.

After a 3-2 vote at Thursday’s city council meeting, the local government of Fresno is set to authorize city leaders such as Mayor Lee Brand and Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer to determine whether the Advance Peace program should be implemented.

Link

Instead of prosecuting these beasts for their crimes democrats will be paying such thugs to "supposedly" not commit shootings. This is a dumb move, out of many, by democrats/liberals. It will only incite gang members to commit more crimes and blackmail democrats into paying them more money...

Such forms of appeasement *rarely* works. However, I am using the word "rarely" in a very loose way...

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Maybe they will have crap maps there, like they do in San Francisco

Is it they have crappy maps or maps to show you were to crap?

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
How is rewarding people NOT to commit crimes a good idea? How do you think the criminals see this?

Shooting people or not shooting people is now a tool to extort money from the city. How could this go wrong or get out of hand?

Maybe the city can expand this program. You know, paying people NOT to rob or rape either. I'm sure the folks in town who work for a living and pay taxes and DON'T commit crimes will have no problem handing over their money to criminals.

This is pathetic.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
In a far corner of the Milky Way Galaxy sits a small planet.

On this planet sits a building.

Inside the building is a glass case with trophies in it.

Each trophy is for the dumbest planet in the Galaxy.

Earth just got it's second trophy.

(The first trophy was for the invention of yoga pants, don't ask me why.)

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Didn't the mafia already do this?

They'd send some big guys around to all the small businesses and basically say, "NIce place you have here. Sure would be a shame if something happened to it. We'll make sure nothing happens to it if you pay a small 'insurance' fee to us every month/week whatever ..."

Isn't this the same idea, only no one has to send the big guys around, and the city is doing it legally?

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I thought the heavy EPA regulations in California were supposed to decontaminate the water there...

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: rickymouse
There will be many more gangs forming to collect free moolah from the dumb cash cows. What kind of idiots are running California?

How long before MS13 and other California gangs unionize?
...and then, how long before they start donating to California politician's campaigns?

Murder Unions could soon become a real windfall for the Democrat Party.

I never even considered the politician campaign donations. But your thoughts are actually relevant. Also these paid off gangs will make sure not to target the people that are supplying the money to their gangs, sort of like a paid protection payment paid by taxpayers who do not benefit nearly as much as the people funneling the money to the gangs.

You would expect this kind of thing with businesses paying off gangs as protections in the bad areas of cities. This takes it to a new stupid level, tax the people to protect certain groups. Even the businesses that pay for protection in neighborhoods pass off the cost to their customers I suppose.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Unfortunately the left always blames vague, unfixable "root causes" such as poverty and never individual dumb decisions.

Their solutions - such as welfare and associated benefits for single mothers only make the problem worse. There need to be incentives for couples to stay together, not split up. While it is not possible to force young women to make smarter decisions about who to spread their legs to (again, no dads around is one factor) there's no reason the taxpayer should foot the entire bill no questions asked. There are soooo many birth control options nowadays. And the men spawning these children, especially the men because there are relatively fewer, need to be held accountable for them. Maybe offer males at age 18 a vasectomy in exchange for a thousand bucks or something. They can get it reversed when they are older and more responsible.

As for the proposal in the OP.

Dear lord, just how stupid are these people.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

It'll be like in Terry Pratchett novels where there are thieves guilds and assassins guilds.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Maybe they will have crap maps there, like they do in San Francisco

Is it they have crappy maps or maps to show you were to crap?

Nope!

Look up San Francisco's poop maps. on google images. to see the official maps. They show you where human bm is located on sidewalks and streets all over the city from homeless people. There are thousands of piles all over the place. Residents call it in daily. They send out clean up crews daily, but never get it all picked u

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Vigilantastrum

The Fresno city council are the ones whom passed this bill. Hopefully the mayor and the police chief are not as dumb as Fresno's city council seem to be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join