It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Longtime advice columnist E. Jean Carroll accuses Trump of sexual assault in 1990s

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: InTheLight

what can be done though? Other than smear Trump and sell some books. She didn't want to be ridiculed back when charges could be filed.

Do you have any idea of how women were treated back them, especially challenging powerful men like Trump?

I am in my 40s, so yes, I know exactly how. There would have been no problem at all 'back then' challenging Trump. In fact the 90s had a huge anti-rape movement and culture, it probably would have been taken more serious back then.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: network dude

what can be done though? Other than smear Trump and sell some books. She didn't want to be ridiculed back when charges could be filed.

Do you have any idea of how women were treated back them, especially challenging powerful men like Trump?

I am in my 40s, so yes, I know exactly how. There would have been no problem at all 'back then' challenging Trump. In fact the 90s had a huge anti-rape movement and culture, it probably would have been taken more serious back then.

I don't think so, look how long it took to put Cosby behind bars and in the article below...there are now fewer prosecutions.

The culture over the past few years has given us many messages about believing women and girls. Women now speak out in the hope of preventing it happening again, almost as a moral responsibility. Telling our stories may indeed have therapeutic value, for us and for others. But what good is this if nothing concrete happens? As Harriet Wistrich, a solicitor and director of the Centre for Women’s Justice, says: “The CPS is in crisis, expectations have been rising, but there are fewer prosecutions.”

There are a myriad of reasons why women don't report rape, and in this case, it is because she says she felt it was her fault because she was 'stupid' to go into the dressing room with Trump. This feeling/thought is in hindsight, at the time, I am sure being raped by Trump in that dressing room never entered her mind, but you can somewhat understand the psychology here, can you not?

On and on it goes, until I want to scream – and still only 15% of those who experience sexual violence report it to the police.

Victims can be destroyed in more ways than one. Justice for women is ever harder to come by. The war on women is waged partly by stealth, but often right before our eyes. We have the option to look away and not to scream or make a fuss, not to struggle in case we get more hurt, keep quiet. But just know that, as Audre Lorde said, your silence will not protect you. And the law will not protect you.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

She's stupid because she's a liar. She wasn't raped. She wasn't assaulted. She just watched law and order stole their fantasy, then decided to make an accusation to sell her book. Have you ever been in a bergdorf goodman? You're never alone. There is security. The staff is very attentive. There would be witnesses, not necessarily to the act, but to the struggle as well as to the two being there at all.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

She's stupid because she's a liar. She wasn't raped. She wasn't assaulted. She just watched law and order stole their fantasy, then decided to make an accusation to sell her book. Have you ever been in a bergdorf goodman? You're never alone. There is security. The staff is very attentive. There would be witnesses, not necessarily to the act, but to the struggle as well as to the two being there at all.

Where you there in the 90's? I think not.

And as evidenced by that post..."we have not come a long way".

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
ah yes the 90's was an awesome decade, don't know about the rest of you but I was sexually harassed almost daily by women.

Of course my story is not like others because I took no offense, the ones I did not care for I politely declined, even after they took my pants off.

But yeah lets get back to the rape of women by rich men, I was poor so I had no reason to rape anyone, It was just to easy for me, a poor guy to get "some".

I mean I was only 6'2, Rich Trump was an inch taller, we both have blue eyes, I was in the Marines and have large hands though. So yeah he would have to rape women where as Poor me had women litterally dropping at my feet, cause I was poor.

true story.

Mazie Horono grabbed my butt at a waterbed store in 1982, I turned her down, she was too short.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

You know what. I'll start taking allegations seriously when the punishements for false accusations are as extreme as the punishments for being accused. If you don't have witnesses and/or evidence, you're engaging in slander. I'm GD sick and tired of it and no I won't give women the power to ruin people by simply accusing people. Women are liars, just like men. They do terrible things and try to ruin people, just like men.

I will NEVER believe all women. I will NEVER believe all men. I will always believe the evidence.
edit on 26-6-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

Mazie Horono grabbed my butt at a waterbed store in 1982, I turned her down, she was too short.

You've teased the Hirono story twice so far.
Spill it...

BTW...I'd have turned her down too.

edit on 26-6-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I have the sense that any evidence won't be enough.

www.newyorker.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

She claims to have evidence but refuses to submit it. So yeah, that won't be enough. It's a simple claim. An easy lie to tell. When she submits her evidence and it is examined then maybe I'll believe it.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

www.newyorker.com...

What do you say to the new evidence that she took her fantasy accusation directly from a Law & Order episode?

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

She claims to have evidence but refuses to submit it. So yeah, that won't be enough. It's a simple claim. An easy lie to tell. When she submits her evidence and it is examined then maybe I'll believe it.

Right now she is working through that oldtime guilt trip put on most women 'it was my fault' 'i am to blame' for the rape. Maybe if she can work through that, she will take it further. But I won't hold my breath because she is from that generation where the programming was set in concrete.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

For reference: twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

www.newyorker.com...

What do you say to the new evidence that she took her fantasy accusation directly from a Law & Order episode?

You are taking that out of context. She is still trying to work it out in her psyche and that is what she and we were fed throughout the 50s 60s and 70s - that women fantasized about being raped...she was just stating what was a fact as to what people were saying then, and now(?). It boggles the mind how some of you here don't bother to research the facts.

link   

What a cop out. If she had evidence she would submit it. She wouldn't run around saying rape is a fantasy to most people. She wouldn't run around claiming to be raped. She wouldn't match her story to a law and order episode. She wouldn't make the claim and refuse to provide the evidence for it.

Let me ask you this: what's the point of coming out, saying you were raped, that you have evidence of it, then denying anyone the ability to examine the evidence? Why say anything at all about the rape or about the evidence?

link   

There's a thread up on it now too.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Taken totally out of context. Do your own research.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Out of context? In an episode called Theatre Trick. A woman recounts her rape fantasy in the bergdorf goodman dressing room. What context is missing?

Meanwhile caroll accuses a hotel and property mogul of raping her in a bergdorf goodman dressing room, and later goes on television to tell anderson cooper that most people think of rape as a fantasy.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Out of context? In an episode called The Standard Hotel (what are the odds!?!). A woman recounts her rape fantasy in the bergdorf goodman dressing room. What context is missing?

Meanwhile caroll accuses a hotel and property mogul of raping her in a bergdorf goodman dressing room, and later goes on television to tell anderson cooper that most people think of rape as a fantasy.

Right, because that is what she and we oldtimers were fed back in the day. She is just repeating the programming of the day and it was what she was told 'other people' thought of, not what she thinks. Did she actually say 'she' thinks of rape as a fantasy she wanted it played out? Not that I can interpret.

edit on 16CDT09America/Chicago00390930 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

What a cop out. If she had evidence she would submit it. She wouldn't run around saying rape is a fantasy to most people. She wouldn't run around claiming to be raped. She wouldn't match her story to a law and order episode. She wouldn't make the claim and refuse to provide the evidence for it.

Let me ask you this: what's the point of coming out, saying you were raped, that you have evidence of it, then denying anyone the ability to examine the evidence? Why say anything at all about the rape or about the evidence?

I am sure she has her reasons and just because she does not want to act on it right now, does not mean she will not at some future date. By the way, at the time of the rape, she did tell two other women, who will corroborate her story.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

www.newyorker.com...

LOL, that is evidence?
Get real.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join