It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Longtime advice columnist E. Jean Carroll accuses Trump of sexual assault in 1990s

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Here it comes the rape game again. You've got to give it to them tho, democrats are becoming masters in rape.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude
Trump just had to rape someone who was in her 50’s? I’m not buying it.
edit on 22-6-2019 by TheSteppenwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annagramma
a reply to: Wardaddy454

See, that's just it. I'm in my forties and men don't bother creeping on women my age and not just because we aren't as cute and hard-bodied.

Wow. You’re having the opposite experience of me, like one of Kate McKinnon’s paranormal skits on SNL. At pudgy 43, I am ogled and hit on more than I ever was in my slim youth. Especially by attractive young men in their 20s who have never had any interest in me before.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

E. Jean Carroll tells @Lawrence that she will not seek rape charges against Donald Trump because it would be "disrespectful" to women at the boarder "who are being raped around the clock"

TWITTER
Jon Levine
@LevineJonathan

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I think she's counting on people not to do that math

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSteppenwolf

Here are some interesting statistics on sexual assault in the US, from the Rape, Assault and Incest National Network (RAINN). They are the largest public anti-sexual violence group in the US and they keep track of stuff like this.

These days, there are more than 320,000 victims of rape or sexual assault every year in the US.

Victims are overwhelmingly female; between 80% to 90% of victims are female (depending on age group).

Approximately 1 in 6 women in the US will have experienced at least one incident of sexual assault in her lifetime.

The group 12-17 years of age make up about 15% of all victims.
The group 18-34 years of age make up about 54% of all victims.
The group 35-64 years of age make up about 28% of all victims (That’s the age group E. Jean Carroll was in when she claimed Trump raped her).
The group 65+years of age make up about 3% of all victims.

www.rainn.org...

How common are false rape claims? Probably the most cited academic study concludes that the upper limit estimate is about 10%, or 1 in 10 claims being false.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

With that in mind, it is interesting to consider Trump’s situation. If 1 woman came forward and accused him of sexual assault, there would be a 1 in 10 chance she was lying. But if 2 women independently came forward and accused him of sexual assault, the probability that BOTH were lying would be 1 in 10 squared, or 1%. If 3 came forward, the probability that all 3 were lying would be 1 in 10 cubed, or 0.1%, and so on. At last count, Trump has had 19 women come forward with claims of sexual impropriety. There’s a whole Wikipedia page on it:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Of those, about 12 seem to describe forced, unwanted sexual contact, including intrusive kissing, groping and fondling, which would meet the definition of sexual assault almost anywhere in the US.

While it is certainly true that any ONE woman could be making a false claim against Trump for some reason, the probability that ALL 12 women would be lying is 1 in a Trillion. For all practical purposes, it's almost a certainty that some of them are telling the truth.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Telos
Here it comes the rape game again. You've got to give it to them tho, democrats are becoming masters in rape.

They’ve got three ( THREE) go-to fake claims
Rape
Racism and
Orange Man Bad

All three fail, EVERY time they use them

This woman is lying. That’s a 100% certainty

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
28-29 years after the alleged situation, yet right as election season starts to gear up.
DNC kicking off in Milwaukee soon, that’s sure to be cluster £vck.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

E. Jean Carroll tells @Lawrence that she will not seek rape charges against Donald Trump because it would be "disrespectful" to women at the boarder "who are being raped around the clock"

TWITTER
Jon Levine
@LevineJonathan

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/quo te]I'm telling you guys she's old and has decided to become a Martyr for the cause.

Problem is, She's OLD.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: TheSteppenwolf

Here are some interesting statistics on sexual assault in the US, from the Rape, Assault and Incest National Network (RAINN). They are the largest public anti-sexual violence group in the US and they keep track of stuff like this.

These days, there are more than 320,000 victims of rape or sexual assault every year in the US.

Victims are overwhelmingly female; between 80% to 90% of victims are female (depending on age group).

Approximately 1 in 6 women in the US will have experienced at least one incident of sexual assault in her lifetime.

The group 12-17 years of age make up about 15% of all victims.
The group 18-34 years of age make up about 54% of all victims.
The group 35-64 years of age make up about 28% of all victims (That’s the age group E. Jean Carroll was in when she claimed Trump raped her).
The group 65+years of age make up about 3% of all victims.

www.rainn.org...

How common are false rape claims? Probably the most cited academic study concludes that the upper limit estimate is about 10%, or 1 in 10 claims being false.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

With that in mind, it is interesting to consider Trump’s situation. If 1 woman came forward and accused him of sexual assault, there would be a 1 in 10 chance she was lying. But if 2 women independently came forward and accused him of sexual assault, the probability that BOTH were lying would be 1 in 10 squared, or 1%. If 3 came forward, the probability that all 3 were lying would be 1 in 10 cubed, or 0.1%, and so on. At last count, Trump has had 19 women come forward with claims of sexual impropriety. There’s a whole Wikipedia page on it:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Of those, about 12 seem to describe forced, unwanted sexual contact, including intrusive kissing, groping and fondling, which would meet the definition of sexual assault almost anywhere in the US.

While it is certainly true that any ONE woman could be making a false claim against Trump for some reason, the probability that ALL 12 women would be lying is 1 in a Trillion. For all practical purposes, it's almost a certainty that some of them are telling the truth.
False. You mentioned Wikipedia and considering Democrat tactics and ideological ignorant people, even if 15 came forward, considering the time and place and current event suggest that it's all a smear campagin, a real world nasty one.

We've seen multiple times since Trumps election with these false allegations that actually turn out to be false.

Your logic is garbage.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

You also cannot trust statistics that come from an activist group. I looked at the numbers waaay back and when I saw how broad a category "sexual assault" was (it includes subway gropes which are awful but no way on the same scale as forcible penetration), that the stats are nearly meaningless.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Now wait, why would you think this will affect their election chances?

Roy moore, Dems win his seat
Kavanaugh, Dems win the mid terms

A pattern is emerging.

One thing is for certain, there are enough morons out there who believe this crap that it certainly hasn't hurt them yet.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

This is just sad. You're combining two completely different parts of the leaked tape, ignoring the context and making inferrences that are not inferred. Yet you think you have something?

Whomever trump is talking about in the fist part of the tape, that he moved on, is not the same as the humorous conjecture he offers later in the tape (where he says he just starts kissing beautiful women). So at no point could he possibly be admitting to grabbing someone by the pussy because those are two separate parts of a conversation.

In case you missed it:

You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait.

Who is them? Why is there more than one? If he's specifically talking about a person he has done this too, why would he refer to an unspecific plurality?

Furthermore, what evidence do you have that he ever did this to anyone, this kissing? Because you'd have to be able to prove that he did the more innocent running up and kissing them before you could convince a sane person he also did the latter part of the quote.

Of course all of this makes sense as he explained it, as locker room talk.

I mean, no man has ever oversold his sexual/romantic conquests to other men. That has never happened in the history of mankind. It would certainly be a first if trump had committed such a crazy sin! /s

But that's no fun because orange man bad, so why go with logic? One other thing, he said he does this with beautiful women, so even in the hypothetical (having seen his taste in women) this accuser has found herself in a fantasy all by herself.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Well, of course that would be accurate if your statistical analysis was not so pathetically applied. You're taking the statistics of people coming forward who, overall as a whole class, have little to gain and applying them to a situation where they have a lot to gain (fame, notoriety, book deals, cash payoffs, etc). Yeah, that's not really going to work out. I mean, what are the odds that kavanaugh had all of those accusers come forward? So do you believe them too? All of them were found to either be lying or their stories could not be corroborated in any way.

Now go ahead and do the odds on that.
edit on 23-6-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
What does it matter. Trump's base is perfectly fine with Donald abusing women. Period. Well, maybe not if it is their daughter, but you get the point.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: tabularosa

Or maybe we are looking for something along the lines of evidence instead of a convenient claim just in time for her book deal.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa
What does it matter. Trump's base is perfectly fine with Donald abusing women. Period. Well, maybe not if it is their daughter, but you get the point.

are you cool with false allegations? If not, perhaps you could look at this from a "she's releasing a book" perspective.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: tabularosa

are you cool with false allegations? If not, perhaps you could look at this from a "she's releasing a book" perspective.

So why is Kellyanne Conway’s husband so lonely in noting the credibility of this 16th sexual assault allegation against the current president of the United States?

--------------

Yes, we’re exhausted by the sheer volume of Trump scandals, and yes, we’re bored with rape, too, because that is so last year.

Maybe if he’d been accused of swiping a sweater from Bergdorf’s, that would be new and different? Because allegations of slamming a woman against a wall and penetrating her is same old, same old at this point.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Get ready for something new every 2 weeks. They have no soul. Will be a lot of books to sort through by next summer.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Justice doesn’t work on probabilities. Trump is completely innocent until proven otherwise in a court of law.

Besides, Trump is the most famous person in the world, maybe even in human history. Every single accuser has something to gain besides justice.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join