It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange interview with televangelist Kenneth Copeland

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So basically you're saying confidence-tricking people (which is what it is, more or less, I think) and using religion as the prop is fine with you? How would you feel if someone dear to you signed over their house to him because he promised they would inherit a mansion in return? Still okay then?
edit on 21/6/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
DON'T YOU EVER SAY I DID!
- you know... right after I said I did.

Cause I LOVE People...
Jesus LOVES People...

But I'm a very wealthy man... My wealth don't come from "offerings alone". Oh I mean, I definitely get the money from the offerings but I also got oil on our land... I probably bought that land with the offerings.

I guess that oil belongs to Jesus too. I wonder if he pays tithes. Betcha he dont.

Jews believe in wealth... Don't you think I can have wealth? Abraham said so!

This guy thinks he's descendant of Abraham, lol. Because Abraham had wealth, he should too.

"Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me".

“It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God”

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So basically you're saying confidence-tricking people (which is what it is, more or less, I think) and using religion as the prop is fine with you? How would you feel if someone dear to you signed over their house to him because he promised they would inherit a mansion in return? Still okay then?

Yeah, it is easy to take that position until it is an elderly family member who gets swindled. A lot of times, you don't even know the elderly are vulnerable to these kinds of scams until it happens.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: ketsuko
The part that annoys me is that these clowns are a favorite excuse for people to take potshots at Christianity as if this is all it is.

I don't disagree, but at least they're not out there calling for the death of infidels or teaching their congregation how to properly afix explosives to the inside of everyday garments.

True, but...

They take money from the poor when the poor have nothing much to even be able to feed themselves, their children, their families. They prey upon the weak like parasites, sucking away their souls, filling them with lies and illusions of fortune and making them believe that the more they give, the more God will help them to become wealthy, happy, less hungry, able to pay their bills, find love, find peace, heal them, remove their pain, remove their cancers... These preachers are just as bad as a bomb strapped psycho as they both give their victims, NO CHANCE IN HELL...

These people should be crucified just like Jesus was. Afterall, they want to pretend to be Christ, nail them to a tree like Christ was. Flail them like Christ was. They deserve it for what they do to the weak, to believers, to people searching for hope. Throw them in a pit of snakes, a den of vipers.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

That's the problem with preying on the fear of death. These guys are hardly the only ones who do it though. Look at the dieting industry preying on all the people who are fat and worried they'll die young if they don't lose weight and then they buy into schemes that lock them into unhealthy dieting and yo-yo weight loss. It's not a whole lot different.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Why do you think Christ overturned the tables of the money-changers in the temple?

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

That's the problem with preying on the fear of death. These guys are hardly the only ones who do it though. Look at the dieting industry preying on all the people who are fat and worried they'll die young if they don't lose weight and then they buy into schemes that lock them into unhealthy dieting and yo-yo weight loss. It's not a whole lot different.

There are scammers everywhere...

I don't think a company selling questionable diet pills for $19.95 is quite on the same level as a preacher promising salvation for tithing of some elder woman's social security check....

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

Creflo Dollar asked his congregation to buy him a private jet

A black guy I once worked with called money "creflos". We saw a new Porsche, and he said "That baby cost some creflos!"

a) The peoples Greed because they were selling miracles.
b) Because they were doing their evil deeds on church grounds.
c) Because they were disrespecting and desecrating the holy house of God!
d) ALL of the above.

What would be D - All of the above, Alex?

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The part that annoys me is that these clowns are a favorite excuse for people to take potshots at Christianity as if this is all it is.

I don't disagree, but at least they're not out there calling for the death of infidels or teaching their congregation how to properly afix explosives to the inside of everyday garments.

Yes unless you understand they are leading people to their permanent death which is the same.

Luke 6:24
But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.

Mt 6:2.
That is, you reap now of your riches all the convenience and blessing you are ever likely to have, and therefore you have no other reward to look for

Matthew 6:2 New International Version (NIV)
2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

They're leading themselves to their permanent deaths, not those who give to them. If someone is giving to them and believes they are giving to a valid, Godly cause, I somehow doubt those donors are going to encounter an angry judgement in the afterlife.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

So do we enforce religious morality through law? This disgusts me, but if you read your Bible on your own, you are amply warned against these people.

However, I also think those who give with pure intent have their hearts judged in that intent. Are they trying to buy their way into Heaven or were they giving out of true charity?

It's harsh in this world, but those who scam are the ones who will ultimately pay the price unless they, too, repent and seek forgiveness. But that requires and full understanding and remorse over what they're doing. Does that guy seem like one who's on his way to feeling at all bad?

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Not exactly. I am not saying I am "fine with it," I'm saying it's the law of fools and allowing them to handle their own finances. I am also saying that I don't see any real difference between Copeland saying someone who gives him $1,000 is doing the Lord's work and Bernie Sanders bucking for somebody to donate him $1,000 to put towards him running for president or Sally Struther's fat ass weeping on a commercial to get somebody to give $1,000 to help save the starving pygmies in the Congo... at the end of the dayvery little of the money is going to make it past Copeland buying a jet or a condo, Bernie buying a sports car or fifth home, or the CEO of Feed the Children buying stocks or taking a vacation in the Carribean with the fam. It's all a huge scam, so why pick one to get verclempt over rather than all of them?

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I remember the same problem in the 80s.All these scammy televengelists scamming old people out of their life savings, living a jetset lifestyle that was anything but "Godly'.

They'll always be around.

I don't know what the people giving them money are thinking, I truly don't, but that would be the key to stopping these guys. Because you take down one Oral Roberts and up comes a Creeflow Dollar. So long as there is a money spigot. Not that Tony Robbins types are any different.

I guess all a person can do is just make sure it's not their own family and friends funding these clowns.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
He is just following in the capitalist way, money money money. All else in unimportant.

We as a populace will never discuss what type of income is valuable or maybe even acceptable to a society or community. I completely agree that people should be responsible for their own actions, even if they are stupid, but at some point shouldn't we come together to discuss a way out of this? Allow them to continue their operations and simply tax them at 95% of all income/donations. If they are truly doing gods work, they won't mind.

I guess this guy is simply doing gods work as it was done in the past by selling indulgences. His role model is the holy church itself. The keeper of the word and possibly itself the creator of the current canon.

(post by dfnj2015 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

It's not protecting organized crime. It's the truth.

God judges you - the individual. What was your intent? Where was your heart?

If you give a bundle of money to PETA because you really want to help animals brutalized by cruelty, is it your fault the money then goes off to euthanize a ton of surrendered animals? No. That's on the people who sold you a lie about what PETA was all about with that money. You gave with the intent to help those animals, not with the idea that you were buying a place in heaven or sending PETA murder money either one.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   
It staggers me that people give the tv evangelists money
I kind of wonder what it’s about

The promise of rubbing Gods belly like Buddha and receiving a reward
People who give tv evangelist money are gullible or greedy

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Humans are stupid.

This guy is proof.

What need for money has God?

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
a reply to: Woodcarver

LOL, Stuart Copeland was the drummer for the Police. But We.. Are.... Spirits..... in a Material World
Lol. My bad. I like the Police.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Humans are stupid.

This guy is proof.

What need for money has God?

Sort of like this?

Always like this part of the really, really bad movie.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join