It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sounds Like Leftists Are Disappointed Trump Called Off Strike On Iran

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: Liquesence

GOOD, glad to accomadate you, happy now?

Happy, no. Relieved, yes.

This one thing doesn't absolve him of the other myriad things he has done and continues to do to undermine the US and our longstanding democratic institutions, notwithstanding the fact that his MO is creating a crisis that he then "solves," thereby claiming success.

PS: it's accommodate.

Create Crisis?

The IRGC placed Limpet mines for christ sake on at least 3 different ships in the Strait, that had nothing to do with Trump, that was all them.

Please stop getting your news from social media and start doing your research.........

Or maybe youre talking about the NK crisis? What the one where theyve been in a cold war with SK for 70 years????? and then helped to broker peace between the two?????

Or maybe With Russia, with which he actually eased tensions with ........

Please enlighten us........

It seems the left have a very very short memory......

Because as far as I remember while Obama was in office, he bombed 10 times the amount of places then even George Bush did, and started at LEAST 2 more conflicts with Libya and his bombings in Syria.........

Get your facts straight before you come in on your high horse...

Trump tries to use economics , be it sanctions or whatever at his disposal, to KEEP from going to war.......and so far it has worked.

Thats just about as anti-war as you can get when dealing with hostile countries.............
edit on 6/21/2019 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Pulling out of the Nuclear agreement (which was working), imposing sanctions, sending the Navy, and other provocations? Yes.

Yes, please see the bigger picture.

As far as creating crisis, it's his MO, regarding everything he does (including North Korea, Iran, NAFTA, Mexican and European tariffs, as well as domestic issues, etc). It's what he does to create the illusion of success, and people buy.

PS: I don't follow social media, unlike a lot of people here who parrot their favorite pundit.

Get your facts straight before you come in on your high horse......

Get your own facts straight.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Pulling out of the Nuclear agreement (which was working), imposing sanctions, sending the Navy, and other provocations? Yes.

It wasnt working, Obama with that agreement gave them over 100billion in cash, which not only furthered everything else they were doing, it allowed them to give more money to fund terrorism and all their other proxy bs.....and they continued to do what they were doing! Miss me with that bs

As far as creating crisis, it's his MO, regarding everything he does (including North Korea, Iran, NAFTA, Mexican and European tariffs, as well as domestic issues, etc). It's what he does to create the illusion of success, and people buy.

No its his MO, to push hostile nations into a point where they have to come to the table, instead of a shooting war..........Thats the whole point of them, its a bargaining chip.......

My facts are solid, I spent 10 years of my life in that region, on the ground, dont pretend to try and take me to school with your social media talking points...........
edit on 6/21/2019 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I have no idea of what is going on with Iran

I do know this

John Kerry admitted he knew some of the money Obama sent them would be used to fund terrorism

I saw no proof the Iran deal was working any more than trumps North Korea deal is working

But of course Dems will claim Iran was a peaceful country that was bullied by trump

If trump were to send billions in cash to North Korea and a dem president have to deal with them agressing then their line would be “they are using the money trump sent them to act against the us!”

Total hypocrites that want a conflict just to blame trump

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Some have heard Sun Tzu talked about heavily. It’s the key to understanding how Trump operates. He doesn’t bring anything up in the media until the battle is already won. Then he gives a show of there being a struggle, when victory has already been secured behind closed doors.
The called off airstrike was a chess move or a head fake to observe what Iran did like troop movements and monitoring comms. Learn. We did the same with Iraq in some of the air/missile strikes.

Just one of many theories since none of us truly knows what goes on behind the curtain.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

I suspect something different then you believe. Did you notice h had a classified briefing with Chuck Schumer. So he leaves this White House briefing and the first thing he does is tell the press is Trump is going to bungle his way into a war.

What I think really happened is during the briefing retaliations were discussed. When Schumer announced the meeting and said Trump is going to start a war he effectively warned Iran an attack was coming.

Trump decided that there was a risk involved because that warning and Tehran new an attack was about to start. Being on high alert Trump decided to wait in order to regain the element of surprise. Even his line about it could have been a mistake was designed to make them believe there is no attacks being planned.

So do not be surprised if next week stuff starts blowing up in Iran after they think the attack has been called off.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
You know, I haven't read any threads about Trump and Iran so obviously I don't know what Leftist ATS posts you're referring to and I'm not about to go on a witch hunt cuz I don't care BUT I find it ironic that the Rightists ATS posters in this thread are trashing Democrats, calling them war hungry WHILE completely ignoring the fact the Trump admin is hungry for war (and I'm sure 2020 around the corner has nothing do with it..), filled with war hawks who've been wanting a war with Iran for DECADES while pushing the weakest reasons for said WAR, but the Democrats are the problem..... Trump literally almost started a war and thank god he either got cold feet or a call from Putin because the LAST thing the USA needs is ANOTHER conflict/war in the Middle East. Why is no one constantly bitching about our endless wars? Why? Because you're all too busy constantly bashing and meming Democrats, AOC, AOC, AOC, AOC, AOC, AOC.

Jesus, take off your damn partisan blinders, you guys really do spend the majority of your energy HATING on Leftists. What you don't spend on hate is used for praise of Trump and the rest of the GOP gang but rarely if ever is your energy used to question and critique politicians of your choose party. Democrats shouldn't be your only focus because if you don't question your own chosen leaders and hold them accountable, well then you're all just sheep.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Im confused, is he a dip# or not, seems to me if he was a dip# he would have just went along with whatever everyone else recommended he do, which was strike the targets............

really wish some of you would make up your minds.........

I'm not surprised that you're confused.

Dipsh1t made one good decision. That doesn't negate the countless other things that make him a dipsh1t.

His word is as solid as diarrhea, and it smells about the same.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: IAMTAT

Hay I am just adding as to whats out there:

Iran Commander

BUT NOTHING ON THIS FROM IRANS BIG NEWSPAPER.

Tehran Times

Iran refrained from targeting US plane with 35 on board flying beside downed drone – commander

That second link has this headline:

"IRGC general says Iran warned U.S. drone several times before shootdown"

What did they do, yell at the sky saying "hey drone, if you don't go away, we'll shoot you down"? Someone tell them drones don't have anyone on board.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Hate is a strong word. I don't think anyone here actually hates the left. We mostly just mock and laugh at them.

But hate? You wish ill and harm on those you hate. Sounds like something reserved for the left.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Sounds like Iran took some babies out of the incubators, and left them to die on the cold floor!

Who is falling for this crap again ????

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Little and mundane things, the president can say what he wants, it is just as good or better than all of the talking heads around him and in the media. When it comes to big things like this, the correct words and actions are important. He acts like the president should.

No one should be killed over the destruction of a single piece of unmanned hardware. There are diplomatic ways of making even on that score.

He impressed me with his logic and restraint. These are the decisions that make us a great country.

Iran also knows, that if it happens again, and worse, if people die... most large things over there will become short things... in short order.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Why the butthurt?

Trump did the right thing, the military brass were whispering in his ear-sure it could have been handled better, the American military brass have a 'im bored, let's blow s**t up' mentality.

I don't understand your tirade though, stupid people say stupid things, no matter if they are left or right.

I don't care who anyone votes for, vote against idiocy, as much as I dislike Trump he made the right decision.

edit on 21-6-2019 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yes there are war hawks in trumps orbit, and he should be called out for that

Now which party cheered war in Libya and Syria under Obama

Which party lambasted trump for wanting to work with Russia to fight terrorism in Syria

Which party pushes for more escalation with Russia

Which party pushes for more intervention in Syria

Which party was against trump pulling out of Iraq and Afghanistan

(Hint, both of them)

So excuse me if I take allegations of them being upset about trump stance on Iran being to hawkish

They have know credibility as they are war hawks as well

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Funny the same military and intel institutions that people are criticizing as being war hungry are the same ones the Dems told us we can’t criticize when they were spying on trumps campaign

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
100% agree. too much political grandstanding going on now. That's why nothing gets done in Washington as it is. They would rather have a major crisis and people suffer, just to prove a point or win votes.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I'm seeing Leftists on ATS all bent out of shape over the fact Trump called off the strike against Iran 10 minutes before launch.
POTUS said he was told by a General that, at least, 150 Iranian soldiers would be killed @ 3 sites in Iran if he launched the "cocked and loaded" strike.

Trump decided it would be an unproportioned response to the unmanned drone shoot down...as no Americans have died.

Today, Leftists are criticizing him for his cool-headedness and restraint...after telling us, yesterday, that Trump had been just itching to unload a bunch of missiles on Iran.
You know...because he hates Iranians and can't wait to kill them and start a war.

Were I allowed to quote from other threads here, I would be more than happy to provide you many examples of the Leftist hypocrisy regarding this...but, doubtless, you've already read them and are quite familiar.

The Left want to criticize the bad orange man either way..."Islamophobic and reckless warmonger" or "Wimp for wasting all that money putting forces in position and not launching the strike".

All this says to me is that the Left ONLY cares about hating Trump...and has really just sacrificed any of their remaining principles and logic to their own out-of-control Trump derangement.

FTR: I'm very proud of the way our POTUS is handling this. He is a TRUE leader.
The left is sorely disappointed...They knew their news media hacks would have done a Pearl Harbor on President Trump had he attacked Iran...

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
You know, I haven't read any threads about Trump and Iran so obviously I don't know what Leftist ATS posts you're referring to and I'm not about to go on a witch hunt cuz I don't care BUT I find it ironic that the Rightists ATS posters in this thread are trashing Democrats, calling them war hungry WHILE completely ignoring the fact the Trump admin is hungry for war (and I'm sure 2020 around the corner has nothing do with it..), filled with war hawks who've been wanting a war with Iran for DECADES while pushing the weakest reasons for said WAR, but the Democrats are the problem..... Trump literally almost started a war and thank god he either got cold feet or a call from Putin because the LAST thing the USA needs is ANOTHER conflict/war in the Middle East. Why is no one constantly bitching about our endless wars? Why? Because you're all too busy constantly bashing and meming Democrats, AOC, AOC, AOC, AOC, AOC, AOC.

Jesus, take off your damn partisan blinders, you guys really do spend the majority of your energy HATING on Leftists. What you don't spend on hate is used for praise of Trump and the rest of the GOP gang but rarely if ever is your energy used to question and critique politicians of your choose party. Democrats shouldn't be your only focus because if you don't question your own chosen leaders and hold them accountable, well then you're all just sheep.

Your in opposite-land or something. The Democrats bombed 7 countries in 6 years under Obama.

Trump is using the US's dominance to take advantage at the bargaining table, win or lose, that's what he is trying to do, to make deals.

If anything it looks like Trump is getting baited into a conflict with Iran. And with the Democrats track record of conflict with other countries, it wouldnt suprise me if some of their supporters are the ones leaving bait.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

He mentioned how the strike would have been disproportionate. The attacks on the ships needs unilateral consideration, imo.

I truly think he just shot a cannon across their bow, a big cannon. Its very Trump like... as in come to the table or next time you get this...

What he did was as effective as if he actually attacked. If I put a gun to your head and pull the trigger and it goes click and then I say next time it will be loaded, and you know I'm not bluffing, not bluffing as in Trump is the only President to actually use a MOAB, not bluffing kind of things, you might say...hey I'm willing to talk now...

Trump loves to gain advantage, whether its massive tariffs or "I called it off with 10 mins left" is not something other countries take lightly.

I don't think many people have the brain capacity to understand what he actually achieved. It's caveman grunts..ugh ugh..he didn't drop a bomb, Trump is ugh ugh stupid... lol

Win the war and never fire a shot...

edit on 22-6-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Ligyron
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm anti-war too, but without military action I'm not seeing Iran and the rest of the Sharia Law terrorist states ever becoming free of the disease that extremist Islam is.

So how did military intervention work in Nam, Iraq and Afghanistan? How do you kill an ideology?

Wow, this thread is making for strange bedfellows.
There are ways to moderate nation's behaviors or support protests. It takes time. And yes, I know this Iran we are talking about.

War is always a last option.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join