It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sounds Like Leftists Are Disappointed Trump Called Off Strike On Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Trump called their bluff. Send in the UFOS over Iran, especially the flashing orange ones.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: IAMTAT

He showed restraint, rational judgement.

I’m actually impressed!

I completely agree. Which almost never happens. Lol.
I can't see one actual reason to be against this, except being anti-Trump, which is extremely non-productive in the big picture.

I think the restraint shown is exactly what we needed to start the process of cooling down tensions. It might even work in his favor as far as bargaining chips.

The question is, will those with different agendas still find ways to provoke Iran or frame a different situation despite the President's perceived stance?

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Well, yeah, leftists want him to start a war so they can complain about it in the future. 

Can't wait for the Irony of Code Pink condeming Trump for not attacking Iran.

+21 more 
link   
Yes the party of peace clamoring for more war and death, as usual

Meanwhile they are blaming trump for terminating the Iran deal, while simultaneously berating him for trying to deal with North Korea

So for those keeping score at home

Obama Flying billions of dollars on pallets in secret to a regime you know will give the money to terrorists = totally responsible thing to do

Trump Talking with North Korea = trump is a monster

Trump Being against wars and show restraint = maniac blood thirsty tyrant

Obama starting wars and ousting governments in places like Libya = Nobel peace prize

+5 more 
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: DBCowboy

He showed restraint, rational judgement.

I’m actually impressed!

I completely agree. Which almost never happens. Lol.

You'll find out that President Trump has used "restraint" quite often. Especially when it comes to the attempted coup against him.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I agree, no one died, so a lethal strike against three enemy sites is just asking for a retaliatory strike (which likely would be deadly)... I do think compensation for the downed drone is needed. I believe each one costs over $150 million.. Maybe Iran can send back some of that pallet cash Obama sent over in the middle of the night...

And yea, liberals are disappointed, they want anarchy, they want this country ripped apart before they ever, ever, give Trump any respect/props/credit... they are "all-in" on this narrative... War and a broken economy/country is what they want.. GOP/Trump success is worse than Stage 4 cancer to them
edit on 21-6-2019 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Oh bullsnap! There was no problem slaughtering over a hundred Syrian soldiers on two separate airstrike incidents six months apart, but Iran parks soldiers at all of its installations and we get all sensitive??

They need to understand there are human costs to their hostile decisions against air and sea traffic . Maybe it was a measured response, but irgc are just going to double up their human staff now a d keep attacking in hopes of averting us military vengeance.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I think its more the military industrialists that are disappointed with this policy. My understanding of a general leftist is more free boarders and free stuff. I don't see what they have to gain from war with Iran apart from more refugees to house.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
People were wondering why Schumer and Pelosi were SO HAPPY coming out the White House briefing yesterday.

Clip: twitter.com...

They were celebrating, "Now we've got him! Trump just started war with Iran!"

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
I think its more the military industrialists that are disappointed with this policy. My understanding of a general leftist is more free boarders and free stuff. I don't see what they have to gain from war with Iran apart from more refugees to house.

I think it boils down to:
War bad, wait Trump no want war? Trump bad, war good.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

They're not "liberals" regardless of what they might call themselves. These people are "Trotskyists". I don't know why people can't see through this renaming of everything.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

The establishment left have been just as bad as the establishment right on issues of foreign policy. Both have cushy relationships with those who benefit from prolonged conflict.

I don't think it's fair to say all of the left want war any more than it's fair to say all of the right want war. Much of Trump's base were drawn to him for his anti war platform (it even drew my first vote towards someone running for a party).

I'm not a big fan of pundits, but Tucker Carlson actually said something that needed to be said, and he did so at risk of pissing off some who watch his show-

Since 9/11, the U.S. has spent trillions of dollars and thousands of American lives trying to remake the Middle East in our image. It's sad to say it out loud, but we have to: It hasn't worked. Many of us thought it would, but it hasn't.

By every measure, our foreign wars have ended in dismal failure for the United States -- however noble their intentions, and some did have noble intentions. Donald Trump was one of the rare Republican politicians honest enough to admit this. He said it out loud three years ago, and promised not to repeat the same mistakes if elected president. And partly because he said that, he was elected president.

Now something fascinating is happening. The very people -- in some cases, literally the same people who lured us into the Iraq quagmire 16 years ago -- are demanding a new war, this one with Iran. The president, to his great credit, appears to be skeptical of this -- very skeptical.
F ox News

I've rarely given Tucker any brownie points, but he just got a bunch from me. My main quarrel with establishment conservatives is how they parade themselves as fiscal spenders, but will call people pussies if we don't want another war on our plate to the tunes of trillions of dollars, much in debt, and the lives of our young.

Kudos Tucker, you earned it, maybe you practice what you preach.
edit on 21-6-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
a reply to: jhn7537

They're not "liberals" regardless of what they might call themselves. These people are "Trotskyists". I don't know why people can't see through this renaming of everything.

I do think a re-branding is needed for the Liberals/Dems/Left.... they need a new name that's more representative of them... They aren't liberals anymore. They are some social experiment that's gone terribly wrong...

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Bad orangutan man did good, he'll now tweet about how awesome he was and then the whole triggering will start again.

Such are the days of our #in lives, and that of the 150 humans who get to live.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
War is what happens when politicians fail at their job.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: willzilla
I’m glad he called it off. This shouldn’t even be a partisan issue. If lives had been lost, then it may be a different story.

Though I don't disagree with his decisions I need to ask you with them blowing up a few ships that could have killed people, and attacking an American aircraft worth 130 million a piece does it really take a loss of a life to trigger retaliation?

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: willzilla
I’m glad he called it off. This shouldn’t even be a partisan issue. If lives had been lost, then it may be a different story.

Though I don't disagree with his decisions I need to ask you with them blowing up a few ships that could have killed people, and attacking an American aircraft worth 130 million a piece does it really take a loss of a life to trigger retaliation?

Depends on the retaliation, I think Trump picked the right wording for the justification of his decision as the strike would have been "disproportionate".

The sanctions are costing them money, and we have cyber capabilities that could gut check them without killing anyone. Eye for an eye shouldn't be our foreign policy, but it sure as hell shouldn't be take one of their eyes for being embarrassed over a bloody nose.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I have not seen the left on ATS looking for war..just the opposite in fact, including many of the posters in this thread

Thank god he called it off.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

This👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👏👏👏👏👍

"anonymous" sources, or people "unauthorized to speak on the matter". The media wants war, it will glue people to their declining networks for a few months.

A strike over a pricey piece of hardware is excessive. I'm glad he chose wisely. Had this been a case where a life were involved, a strike on Iran's military is warranted.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
150 Iranian soldiers are with their families today, instead of funeral plans being made.

www.foxnews.com...

The War-Mongers and Trump-haters are not mainstream at this point in our history. New sheriff in town who actually uses his brain and heart...SMARTLY!

that also makes 150 less families hell-bent on destroying America and the West. 150 less radicalized families that will seek revenge for generations to come.
edit on 21-6-2019 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join