It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sounds Like Leftists Are Disappointed Trump Called Off Strike On Iran

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: IAMTAT

It's a political 'blame game'...and those "controlling the narrative" see a new war with Iran, not so much in terms of casualties on either side...but as a political means to a political end of taking out Trump IN 2020.

I find it odd though, if it's addressing the political blame game, why did your OP literally start with it, with an untrue claim at that.

I'm seeing Leftists on ATS all bent out of shape over the fact Trump called off the strike against Iran 10 minutes before launch.

But I suppose it's moot. Look at the flags. So people took it, even though many of us knew it was simply not true.

I was in the threads discussing those topics, I didn't see any lefties complaining that he didn't do the strike. In fact, I've only seen those that self identify with the right say he should have done it.

So, apparently we are talking about 1 poster..

We are in the twillight zone, this thread belongs in the dumpster.

Give the people what they want, not the truth.

Ironic that those who cry fake news so much are willing to deliver it.

I think mainstream media is a joke, but I'm not gonna peddle my own version of it as a rebuttal 🤷‍♂️.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You’re working under the assumption that the leftists here in this thread are being honest.

I wonder though, how many just posted to “prove” the OP wrong?

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You’re working under the assumption that the leftists here in this thread are being honest.

I wonder though, how many just posted to “prove” the OP wrong?

Plenty of neocons are perfectly honest about their dissatisfaction with Trump reneging on the strike.

I wouldn't say more, because I'm honest enough to know plenty of the establishment left is mad, mainly the "leftist media".

Either way, we're talking about ATS in particular. Assuming the leftists are being dishonest and holding back, the neocons aren't.

But I won't use that to paint the picture for either whole.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Perhaps trump is pulling out the famous "bonespurs" strategy. It's worked well for him in the past.

or, as I still maintain; trump got a call from his bro Putin and bent over.
edit on 22-6-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Give the people what they want, not the truth. Ironic that those who cry fake news so much are willing to deliver it.

We are at the point, everyone is pointing fingers..right back at themselves it would seem.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Both parties are guilty of the same exact things and each party seems to think two wrongs make a right, but only when it's in their favor.

The parties are being played against each other so hard, people know that's what "they" do but seem to forget it every time they hear a piece of news that makes them feel vindicated.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yes, of course, both are doing it, and both think they are above it..lol

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Perhaps trump is pulling out the famous "bonespurs" strategy. It's worked well for him in the past.

or, as I still maintain; trump got a call from his bro Putin and bent over.

I have no doubt they talked, as well. But, I think it was a logical consultation between the 2 of them, as the implications of starting a war over this does not justify the action. If it happens again, then this becomes a moot point for sure.
edit on 22-6-2019 by charlyv because: Some nasty malware

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I think that if people just sat back and observed what's happening from a neutral standpoint then they would come to the conclusion that it's all BS. The top-tier politicians we see on TV are nothing but actors playing a role, paid to spew divisive rhetoric. People are falling for it, we never seem to learn from past mistakes.
edit on 6/22/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Human nature I suppose, too many want to be on a team, or part of a winning team.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I'm beginning to believe that ATS has been hijacked by entities that want to spew propaganda. I'm pretty sure these people would call me a leftist, and I can assure them that my take on things is that Trump will commit war crimes if he attacks Iran. Iran has done nothing. It is America that wants war at any cost. Period. I do not support offensive war against other nations. Our military should be used defensively only. Yet it is always uses offensively these days. You know, first strike. Yes, I get it. We create a red flag incident then claim we have to save the world. Blah, blah, blah. But that is aggression based on lies, a bully stance. And a war crime.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

of couse - because the " rightists " of ATS are to am man paragons of honesty and virtue

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Im confused, is he a dip# or not, seems to me if he was a dip# he would have just went along with whatever everyone else recommended he do, which was strike the targets............

really wish some of you would make up your minds.........

I'm not surprised that you're confused.

Dipsh1t made one good decision. That doesn't negate the countless other things that make him a dipsh1t.

His word is as solid as diarrhea, and it smells about the same.

That native American Soldier for the USA wasn't the one confused. It is YOU that is and will stay confused, clearly. He knows the facts IMO and you are making it too easy to see right thru your disdain for anything good to do with America.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
I wonder what chances trump would have for reelection if he was at the helm for a war with iran?

my favorite theory so far: There was never a counter strike that was waiting to happen. The entire episode was created to produce a hero's response in these times of lagging approval.

Once he is ordained again in 2020, interesting times will be at hand.

Lagging approval for the D's yep but not DJT. I bet you don't see how many people stand outside wanting in those full venues wanting to see POTUS 45?
Have you seen the black community support raising, I have?

Only someone ignoring that reality could say "lagging approval".

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I honestly didn’t even pick up on that this thread was about ats posters

95% of the time when I am criticizing the left or the right it’s the people with power in those groups, not anonymous ats posters

And I have seen media people and others on the left criticize trump for not attacking Iran here, or Russia Syria Afghanistan etc in other areas

This upsets me because even though I am more right wing, being anti war was one of the things I respected and agreed with the left

So to me it’s worth pointing out how the people with power on the left have become pro war in most instances

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa
I'm beginning to believe that ATS has been hijacked by entities that want to spew propaganda. I'm pretty sure these people would call me a leftist, and I can assure them that my take on things is that Trump will commit war crimes if he attacks Iran. Iran has done nothing. It is America that wants war at any cost. Period. I do not support offensive war against other nations. Our military should be used defensively only. Yet it is always uses offensively these days. You know, first strike. Yes, I get it. We create a red flag incident then claim we have to save the world. Blah, blah, blah. But that is aggression based on lies, a bully stance. And a war crime.

ATS hasn't been hijacked. The reason you think this is because some prominent left-wing members quit, so you see more right-leaning threads now. It used to be fairly balanced just a few years ago. Trump has really done a number on ya'll.

On topic: Yes, they are disappointed. A war with Iran would be great for them in the 2020 election. They don't care how many people die, as long as they get votes. Just look at the border situation.
edit on 23 6 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: tabularosa

...my take on things is that Trump will commit war crimes if he attacks Iran. Iran has done nothing.

Well, other than bomb a japanese vessel and shoot down one of our drones (they took credit for the latter, remember?) But you know, that would require some critical thought to acknowledge.

It is America that wants war at any cost.

We do? Who is this america you speak of? When did you talk to them?

I do not support offensive war against other nations.

You'd rather them bomb your house?

Our military should be used defensively only.

Like in retaliation for downing our drones in international air space?

Yet it is always uses offensively these days. You know, first strike.

What "first strikes" have we had since obama left washington?

Yes, I get it.

Judging by the above, I don't think you do.

We create a red flag incident then claim we have to save the world.

You mean a false flag? What false flags have we created in the last few years? Remember, Iran took credit for downing our drone. It's definitely not a false flag and definitely not our fault.

Blah, blah, blah. But that is aggression based on lies, a bully stance. And a war crime.

Aggression? Getting our drone shot down? War crimes? Restraining from retaliation because the human life toll was going to be high is a war crime? My goodness, what has happened to the critical thought processes of the modern day left?

Honestly, I have to thank you for this reply. It shows the current mentality of the modern day left. America is always wrong, America is evil (I mean you're accusing us of staging false flags to go to war so we can kill people, doesn't get much more evil than that). Our opponents can do no wrong, Iran shooting down our drone and claiming credit for it is NBD. You guys hate america and it's no wonder your policies are aimed at dismantling it. If you think the US commits war crimes, wait until we aren't the top dog anymore. Then you'll get to live some.
edit on 23-6-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

This upsets me because even though I am more right wing, being anti war was one of the things I respected and agreed with the left

So to me it’s worth pointing out how the people with power on the left have become pro war in most instances

I think its important that everyone's stances aren't black and white. We can't just say "all of the right" or "all of the left" when we talk about matters as important as this. I'd say most Americans are anti (needless) war.

But you're right about those in power. I know you said it that way purposefully.... But then again, you care about truths above your own leanings, anyone who's been around here long enough knows that.

I suppose when people align with those in power, or their talking heads... That's how we get to the point where a lot of Americans are just blindly following those in their camp.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

edit on 23-6-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

dbl
edit on 23-6-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

It's been vociferously stated on this thread, that 'The Left' is not of a Hive Mind.
...That Leftists are all just projecting their own individual points of view.

In other words...the Left, collectively, already DOESN'T "align with those in power, or their talking heads...".

Do you agree with that?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join