It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you feel America is on the "moral" decline

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Of course. Trump being elected to office is the best proof of that. A "moral" country would have never put such an immoral, dastardly fellow in a leadership role.

Case in point:

Interviewer: "Have you ever asked God for forgiveness?"

Trump: "No....... but I would if I ever did anything wrong".

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: musicismagic

We have been on a moral decline ever since we allowed psychologists (MIC, Medical Industrial Complex) and our so called education system to raise our children. I said it would all go to hell when parents were no longer allowed to give their kids a spanking and "everyone wins a trophy".

Be that as it may, I firmly believe any semblance of moral decline began with the boomers devaluing the SAH mother in favor of "career importance", and treating spouses like easily disposable accessories.

Their kids, through the example of their parents, then put less value into both through their years, and it became a monkey see, monkey do domino effect through the grandkids & how they freewheel with their kids today. All because grandma was a bored housewife who bought into the BS that you have to work to be worthwhile, and wanted a different dong at home (or grandpa wanted a different clam)

ALL of today's issues have a catalyst influence from the past -- none of it sprung forth from a vacuum. Early feminism, in my blunt opinion, caused today's landscape. It wasn't worth it.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

We have been on a moral decline ever since we allowed psychologists (MIC, Medical Industrial Complex) and our so called education system to raise our children. I said it would all go to hell when parents were no longer allowed to give their kids a spanking and "everyone wins a trophy".

ALL of today's issues have a catalyst influence from the past -- none of it sprung forth from a vacuum. Early feminism, in my blunt opinion, caused today's landscape. It wasn't worth it.

Interesting opinion. Why do you think it?

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSteppenwolf

Why do I think that? Which part? The past generations catalysts, or the feminism influence? BOTH should be patently obvious as to the whys.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Why do I think that? Which part? The past generations catalysts, or the feminism influence? BOTH should be patently obvious as to the whys.

The part about early feminism. I am of the belief that the emancipation of women from the drudgery of the past has had a beneficial effect on modern society. I just thought it was an interesting angle and I just wanted to hear one or two reasons why someone would believe it.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

It's not just America which is in moral decline.

It's much of the whole World which is in moral decline.

Civilization is in moral decline.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The part about early feminism. I am of the belief that the emancipation of women from the drudgery of the past has had a beneficial effect on modern society. I just thought it was an interesting angle and I just wanted to hear one or two reasons why someone would believe it.

I think there were some benefits in ultimately minor ways, but the overall mindset change that lead to women believing they were better off clocked in than raising what they created & birthed has been a severe detriment to family stability & morals over the past few decades. Why bother raising your own kids when it's perfectly acceptable to pawn them off on a relative, nanny or daycare and slog away at work, eh?

Furthermore, if you dislike the spouse you originally picked, to hell with working on the relationship AND yourselves, just toss 'em and get another one. It's easier than making an effort, despite being the empty route (I can make exceptions for abuse and cheating, not laziness or half-assed approaches to commitment)

When we give birth, I'm a FIRM believer that your "job aspirations" automatically change by default whether you like it or not, and you're a full-time mother for at least 15/16 years. Possibly a few years less, providing the kid(s) can handle being home alone responsibly younger. After the kiddo can begin working or staying home alone, then we're entitled to work again. Until then, we self-contracted into a much more important one, and the damned college degrees aren't worth the effort or paper they're printed on at that point.

All today's mentality shows kids is that you can do whatever you want regardless of the negative impacts to other standing obligations. That right there is the source of today's "Me, me, me, WHAT I WANT FIRST" crap. It's not an inability to adapt and pause for a number of years, it's a staunch refusal to, and without a solid reason beyond "I", or "Me".

As for the feminism influence in marriage or the lack thereof, it's straight up bulls#. If you cannot commit, then don't, but don't babydaddy-hop your way around town, either. You "don't need no man to marry", but you're screwing your way around town with pregnancy for the door prize? What TF is wrong with you? You're not teaching anything good to be passed down the line to future generations living like that, you're teaching that aimless emptiness in life is good, and that backburnering your kids on your list of life priorities so you can man-hop is paramount for reasons they can't comprehend, because you were too much of a selfish snot to settle down first and take on the mother role head on like we're supposed to by nature. You might not like it, but WE birthed them, it's OUR JOB to raise them to either minimum working age, or until they can spend a few hours home by themselves. Short of being a widow, abused, or cheated on, there's no excuse to not live more securely. The payoff is worth it when those kids grow up. Your job wants CAN wait.
edit on 6/22/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I think those are very keen observations on your part. I cannot disagree. Well said.

Feminism’s shame is that they never promoted motherhood, and indeed ridiculed it as just another shackle. But pregnancy, birth, and motherhood are fundamental pillars of humanity.

I think you’re on to something. Thanks for writing all that out.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join