It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Reporter said 2 old Senator Segregationists were Republicans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Stupid Dumb Bell MSNBC reporter Kasie Hunt was on TV talking about Joe Byeden's past relationship with 2 old Senators who were segregationists and she said they were both Republicans !!!

Both were actually Democrat segregationists as it turns out 😆

She waited a while (waited for thousands of viewers to absorb the "correct" conclusions) and then "corrected" her (planned and scripted) "error"

Tired old propaganda and lie spreading trick.

added: she's trying hard on Twitter 😆

MSNBC Anchor Calls Segregationist Democrat Senators ‘Republicans’

MSNBC Host Kasie Hunt called segregationist Democrats "Republicans" on Wednesday when referencing Joe Biden's remarks about civility with segregationists in the Senate.

"Still to come, Joe Biden references his relationships with two former Republican colleagues at an event in New York City. The only problem? They were both segregationists," Hunt said, referring to Herman Talmadge and James Eastland, who were both Democratic senators.

Talmadge served as a senator from Georgia from 1957 to 1981, and Eastland as a senator from Mississippi from 1943 to 1978. Talmadge, a critic of the civil rights movement who advocated for closing schools rather than desegregating them, lost his Senate seat to Republican Mack Mattingly in the 1980 election. Eastland, a plantation owner who served as the president pro tempore of the Senate for six years, resigned his seat shortly after losing the 1978 election to Republican Thad Cochran.

Hunt did not correct her comments when she returned from the break.

MSNBC Host Admits Error After Claiming Segregationist Senators Biden Worked With Were Republicans😆

“Earlier today, I inaccurately said Sens. James Eastland & Herman Talmadge were Republicans,” Hunt tweeted. “They were, of course, both Democrats. We regret the error. We’ll make sure to correct it on the show tomorrow, but wanted to correct the record here in the meantime.”

edit on Jun-20-2019 by xuenchen because: 🍌banana@msnbc🍌

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
But ‘the Russians’ influenced the election

Yeah right

“By any means necessary” is openly supported and openly sought by all leftists, they cant win any other way. The people do NOT WANT a dEmocrat in office.

For obvious reasons
edit on 20 6 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
How is it not widely known today that the democrats have been the party of many of the worst racists in this country's history?

Slavery supporters, segregationists.

Does everyone believe they were all republicans?

Lincoln a democrat?

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Because they know that a lot of people today have 2 second attention spans(with IQ to boot) and will take the first thing they hear as gospel as long as it plays to their narrative. Please media, tell me what to think today.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
How is it not widely known today that the democrats have been the party of many of the worst racists in this country's history?

How?...Wait and watch.
A democrat will eventually come along here to rewrite their own history before your very eyes.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This matters.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
This matters.

Why doesn't it?

Lemme guess, psy-op?

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Slavery supporters, segregationists.

Does everyone believe they were all republicans?

Lincoln a democrat?

Because most people have an actual grasp on history and know about the southern strategy. As should anyone who's made it through basic high school history.

In American politics, the Southern strategy was a Republican Party electoral strategy to increase political support among white voters in the South by appealing to racism against African Americans.[1][2][3] As the civil rights movement and dismantling of Jim Crow laws in the 1950s and 1960s visibly deepened existing racial tensions in much of the Southern United States, Republican politicians such as presidential candidate Richard Nixon and Senator Barry Goldwater developed strategies that successfully contributed to the political realignment of many white, conservative voters in the South who had traditionally supported the Democratic Party rather than the Republican Party.[4] It also helped to push the Republican Party much more to the right

Link

I have to ask, do you all really know so little about the history of political parties in this country that you believe the crap in the OP? Or is it a deliberate misunderstanding?

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

The crap in the OP actually happened 😎

And it's historically recent 🍌

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Yeah, and you conveniently leave out the reason why. Both of those "Democrats" switched to the Republican party because the Democrats supported civil rights.

So again, is it a deliberate misunderstanding of history on your part or do you really not know that much about American history?

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Yeah, and you conveniently leave out the reason why. Both of those "Democrats" switched to the Republican party because the Democrats supported civil rights.

So again, is it a deliberate misunderstanding of history on your part or do you really not know that much about American history?

I searched high and low and both Talmadge and Eastland were always Democrats and rabid Segregationists !!!!

💥💥🤣💥💥

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Exactly. Not only do they trigger their viewers into hate they also trigger their critics' into hate as well.

Double-edged sword and all. The media has you guys' numbers.

edit on 6/20/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

link   

So what your saying is that through the 1950s and 1960s the Democrats and Republicans were fighting for the support of the racist people in the Democratic party and that the Republicans won over some of them?

I really wouldn't tought that history if I were in the Democratic party.

"Yea the Southern Strategy is when we lost some of the racists in our party" ~ Some Democrat
edit on 20-6-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I see what you mean.

Are you psychic too?

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

I see what you mean.

Are you psychic too?

It's just what they do.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I see Joe Biden's buddy, Robert KKK Byrd, spent 14 hours on the Senate floor, attempting to block the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

www.senate.gov...

Hillary kissed Byrd, so I don't think he was a Republican.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
This matters.

Of course it doesn't matter. But the Dem Leadership is going banana's over it. I find it quiet funny.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Because most people have an actual grasp on history and know about the southern strategy. As should anyone who's made it through basic high school history.

That's the second time you have mentioned the southern strategy today. Though it's a good example... You got anything else? Or did they only teach you about that in your gender studies class? How Unfortunate...

I have to ask, do you all really know so little about the history of political parties in this country that you believe the crap in the OP? Or is it a deliberate misunderstanding?

I consider asking you that same question with the majority of your posts friend...

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Politicians are actors, they are putting on a hell of a performance. There are millions triggered by inconsequential BS every day and the media is more than happy to hand it out on a silver platter.

You guys have lost the plot.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I searched high and low and both Talmadge and Eastland were always Democrats and rabid Segregationists !!!!

💥💥🤣💥💥

Yeah I don’t know what the hell he is talking about, those 2 racists were Dems from birth to death, according to everything I have seen about them.
Here are a couple of humdingers from the racist known as Eastland-

During World War II, Eastland vocally opposed and degraded the service of African American soldiers in the war. He incited protests and comparisons to Hitlerism following a vitriolic speech on the floor of the Senate in July 1945, in which he complained that the Negro soldier was physically, morally, and mentally incapable of serving in combat.[31][32] In contrast, Eastland claimed that the "boys from the South were fighting to maintain white supremacy

Civil rights workers Mickey Schwerner, James Chaney, and Andrew Goodman went missing in Mississippi on June 21, 1964, during the Freedom Summer efforts to register African American voters. Eastland tried to convince President Lyndon Johnson that the incident was a hoax and there was no Ku Klux Klan in the state. He suggested that the three had gone to Chicago

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Democrats are the racist party, always have been.
edit on 20-6-2019 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join