It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran ‘ready for war’ after its Revolutionary Guard shot down US drone

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

We've been in an interesting position for a few decades where that's concerned. On the one hand, we've kept Israel from being attacked because the major players have little desire to draw the full breadth of America's ire towards them. On the other hand, we've held Israel back from outright attacking some of the more excitable countries in that region as well. In my eyes, any freeing of Israel to handle the situation would involve us making it clear to the rest of the region that clap backs will be dealt with instantly and with great consequences.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

" The drone in question, though, wasn't violating Iranian airspace. It was shot down over water and fell into the water."

Well, that is what we're being told by the US government/MSM AND shot down over water can still be in Iranian airspace.

Don't jump to conclusion too soon as it could very well be another setup by the US to gain the population's support for an attack on Iran. Iran has been a target for a long time by tptb.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It's a sticky wicket.

A cluster F since the 50's in attempts to install/support/control by more than just the USA.

mg

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: openedeyesandears

There’s a little more to it then a setup, the scientific evidence which proves the drone was in international air space is actually an act of war by Iran. Trump warned them to never threaten the US ever again this is leaps and bounds beyond that. He playing it cool the tones are calm because real steps towards actual conflict are being made. If he was barking I’d be less sure of that. The evidence is being looked at to justify the actions they want to take place.
I’m thinking something is being prepared this time not sure if it will be war like many would expect all kinds of mysterious destruction can transpire with the capabilities at hand.
Chances are good for a public display though there is an election coming...
edit on 20-6-2019 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If anything it was sacrificial BAIT. A reason to act, to bring in assets closer. and rattle sabers.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

they are nice people and they have a nice country and they know that people like themselves just want to carry on and live their lives in peace .

it really is the crazy men with money and power that start wars , but it is the people that have to suffer .

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
"But the protests like the prayers went unanswered and ignored
and God, like the rest of the world, just watched in silence
There were fortunes to be earned, there was purpose to be served
Before a peace could be called to stop the fighting."

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: tom farnhill

they are nice people and they have a nice country and they know that people like themselves just want to carry on and live their lives in peace .

it really is the crazy men with money and power that start wars , but it is the people that have to suffer .

Ummm...what’re ya sayin...

Those do gooders should be about the business of having a long night of the knives...then when they’ve finished off all those Sodomites...busily sodomizing...we in the west can take notes and follow suit...post haste...?

Is that it...?

Cause that’s all I heard...

Then again...I never could get the hang of reading lips with my ears...no sir...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Even if it was in international waters - which remains to be proven - surely shooting down an unmanned drone is hardly 'an act of war'.

People should die - on both sides - because a drone was shot down?

Please lets put this into perspective - no-one died, no-one has invaded your country....do people really deserve to die because of this?

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
cant we just be sick of war? i'd like to wake up some morning and read "world is sick of war" and go back to sleep with a smile.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

"All wars are banker wars"...

In this day and age, it's not just financiers who benefit from war... sad but true

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

they absolutely loath the mullahs and their outdated and draconian BS.

If the public in Iran had their choice, the Mullahs, the Guard, and all the religious police would be sent out to float on leaky boats.

But every time they try to raise up for change, they are shot dead in the streets, or later executed in the public square

edit on 20-6-2019 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Maybe Iran wants to justify setting of a bomb in Israel? Or they think China and Russia are going to back them? All I know is that this will end very badly for them

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I’m not saying there should be or shouldn’t be war just saying how it’s likely to play out...
I wish everyone was on equal footing nobody pulling the strings but that’s not reality...
I wish Iran wasn’t an actual threat with no interest in terrorist activities about to get what they need for nukes...
But that’s not reality...
Each and every one of us can wish for things and crap in the other and all we will end up with is dirty hands...
That’s reality...

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I wish Iran wasn’t an actual threat with no interest in terrorist activities....

Yet the biggest sponsor and exporter of Islamic extremism and terrorism in the world is Saudi Arabia.
No moves to declare war on them?

Why not?

Possibly because the US buys Saudi oil and possibly more importantly Saudi Arabia buys # loads of weapons, ammunition and other US military goods and the not so insignificant amount of money that the Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority has invested in US bonds and other investments.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I'm really liking this guys musings.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
We've given our CIA billions of dollars. Surely they have a way to discreetly get rid of the Iranian leadership. Let the people choose their Replacements. The people are sick of their leaders anyway.

We've given our CIA billions of dollars. Why can't they find a way to get rid of our unwanted leaders? Start with the FED, the DHS, and the NSA. We're sick of them, anyway. We won't even need replacements. We can print our own money interest free, walk on to an commercial flight without being sexually assaulted, and not pay for the government to spy on everyone.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   

The US government has properties along the Canadian border...doesn't mean we're planning to invade.

Meme education, so so smart!

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

In the previous decades the population admired and emulated the US, and were far more modern and progressive than what most would believe.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join