It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medic testifies that he, not Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher, was responsible for ISIS fighter's death

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Why is this even resulting in charges or a trial?

Because we're supposed to be a nation of laws and above that type of behavior but I'm sure someone will give me an awesome whataboutism why stabbing and asphyxiating a prisoner is super excellent.

Yeah, a nation of laws. I guess that only works when people want it to since y'all seem to be so in favor of illegal aliens.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: network dude

I still can't believe he was on trial for killing a terrorist cockroach.

I cant believe you think it's ok to violate the Geneva conventions. The reason the US signed up for this was to prevent the mistreatment of our enlisted personnel. If someone doesnt follow the Geneva accords they have zero protection.

To anyone in the military you are told about the rules you are advised what happens if you violate them. You are even told what an unlawful order is to prevent war crimes.

Mistreatment of enemy combatants only helps the enemy. They can use this as a propaganda tool think Abu ghraib the mistreatment was used to recruit against Americans.

PS it was other navy seals that turned him in. They saw this as a huge violation and needed to be reported to superiors
edit on 6/21/19 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
On a different subject one of my buddies brought back a pair of human K-9's cut out of a Taliban's head while he was still alive.

The story he told me was he hit the insurgent with an M203 round that didn't detonate but instead collapsed the guy's chest. My buddy found him alive a little time later laying on the ground where he was hit still gripping his empty RPG tube and attempting to load another rocket.

My buddy got down close with his knife and cut out his K-9's right before strangling him.

He also told me about all the drop weapons they used to carry in the back of the Humvee as well. Killed the wrong guy? No worries drop an AK on him and move on.

Psychopaths like your little buddy that you're soo proud of have no business being in the military at all. They join simply because they may get a good chance to live out a fantasy of killing people and not have to worry at all about ever getting caught.

Until they come home with human trophy parts and start bragging about what they did that is. Seriously. You're little buddy, if he actually exists, is nothing more than a psychotic killer. If this little story of yours is even true. That ISIS nut was likely going to die and never get that other rocket off. Psycho boy could have let it go. A real soldier would have or at the least just put a bullet into his head and walk away. Not cut out teeth then strangle him.

And you speak about it like it's a beautiful thing. Stories you make up or are you actually the paycho soldier? Hope to God you're not in the military.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
What little we know, is, to put it mildly, unsavory. But let's stop pretending that we've got all the information. I doubt we do.

I'm certain we don't have it all but what we do have does not make me proud of his behavior.

Sucks to be you, but many other Americans are quite proud of both men here.

Speak for yourself and don't try speaking for other Americans.

Based on just your avatar alone, I consider you a huge embarrassment to our country. Taking an iconic symbol of American pride and purposely modifying it to resemble a Confederate flag knowing it would create anger in your own country. And people wonder why some people see that flag as a symbol of hate. Look at how some ignorant fools use it.

It also proves that you know absolutely nothing about that character.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Good to know, I like when the nutbars identify themselves.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Congrats, you have recognized that warfare is animalistic and emotional... it's sort of the point.

Is it? Then why has he been court martialed?

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
Yeah, a nation of laws. I guess that only works when people want it to since y'all seem to be so in favor of illegal aliens.

Is that so? If someone wanted to look moronic they'd say something like that. Show me one post where I say I support illegal immigrants. One.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
That story is disturbing. Cruelty towards the damned doesn't make one just. I hope you have found new buddies.

a reply to: PraetorianAZ

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: nightmare_david

LMAO! Thanks, I needed that chuckle, Sunshine.

edit on 25-6-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Congrats, you have recognized that warfare is animalistic and emotional... it's sort of the point.

Is it? Then why has he been court martialed?

Probably for the same reason this country hasn't fought a war to actually WIN a war since World War 2. The inmates obtained the keys to the asylum and the Pentagon upper brass have been more about style and image over substance and might for the past 70 years.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Probably for the same reason this country hasn't fought a war to actually WIN a war since World War 2. The inmates obtained the keys to the asylum and the Pentagon upper brass have been more about style and image over substance and might for the past 70 years.

Or he was a piece of s*** that broke some very obvious rules and had his own men report him.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Why is this even resulting in charges or a trial? A subhuman animal is dead, good riddance, soldiers did their duty, move on.
We don’t treat our enemies like animals. Not because they deserve better, but because it lessens who you are. We want our soldiers to come back here and be honerable members of society. Once you have pulled an enemies teeth, or scalped another human, that path is gone for you.

His teeth weren't pulled, nor was he scalped. He was executed for cause. If your position on this was accurate, then we'd not be a society with capital punishment, but yet here we are. Killing that ISIS animal doesn't lessen any US soldier in my eyes, quite the opposite, in fact.
Capital punishment is something that is decided by courts. Judges and juries. Soldiers are none of those things.

That is what people have been saying about some cases dealing with police for a very long time.. Yet the stories continue where the police are Judge, Jury and executioner, as people are shot weekly for no or very little cause it would seem..

Shot as in a non declared war zone in America, where we are all Americans unless MS-13 types supposedly.. Not judging as some seem to need a killing to keep out of the gene pool..

The hate can run deep in any war zone....hate taking over good judgement.. Does not make it right just makes it so..

I agree prisoners in War zone when captured should not be lined up and shot in the head or beheaded for a propaganda video which is supposed to strike terror in your opponents and show just how big and bad you really are. The Pilot who was captured alive and placed in a cage and then burned to death was really a nice touch by ISIS, no ?

Signatories of the Geneva Convention should expect lawful humane treatment when captured... ISIS charter is to convert to their Ilk or to kill, rape , pillage, and plunder all who stand in their way. Just another branch off the Wahhabi tree of idiots. Why anyone would morn the loss of life for these maggots is beyond me... But But But B.S. for if they all dropped dead tomorrow much suffering and death would be spared upon the world.

We have people captured who set off a bomb that killed innocents going to market ... They are tried and sent to prison in many cases.. Since the bombs and bullets continue, as far as I am concerned, we could sow the misguided little darlings into a pigs belly and roast them over a slow cook fire. Oh MY ? Did the bombers or shooters care about the Mother and baby they just killed or the people standing in line at the market...Nope.. Terrorism is terrorism and as far as I am concerned there are times when pay back in "like kind" is very appropriate.

The world of justice, "A just world" and higher principles is something we should all strive for.. Unfortunately there is seemingly a percentage of earth's inhabitants who would kill anyone who does not believe the way they do; belong to the same tribe, sect, or religion..... or look no further than a countries political party who lies and tries to destroy someone to benefit their own propaganda and power line not to mention jail or have the opposition suicided.. Happens the world over..

I never shot or killed a prisoner and I can not see myself doing such a thing, but, I never expected any kind of humane treatment if I were captured..... that is why no matter what, one round in my pistol, had my name on it... That is one decision that took the guess work out of any future outcome.

All my enemy combatants were dead when I saw them. I sleep well and honestly do not remember their faces if they had one left... I do remember the smell of death though as most who have been to war can attest it is not pleasant. L.Z. David with 30+ dead in the perimeter's concertina wire seems to still be a vivid memory as far as the smell goes.

War is hell and these current mid-east wars are (and the pretext for going in the first place) is/was horrible and IMO not well thought out or executed especially after the main battle was finished and the occupation started. Two more service people were killed in Afghanistan today 6/26/2019 how many years have we and our allies been there??...for what did they give their lives for; Poppy Fields ?

I personally do not care how or when the ISIS religious thugs are killed as long as they are dead. I am more sorry that the Seals were ratted out than the death of an Islamic ISIS fighter.. But he was only young... There used to be ISIS videos of training kids as young as 6 to be suicide bombers and be-headers of the infidels.. Education really does make a difference, No ?
edit on 727thk19 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Well, it’s a good thing that you don’t make the rules, or you would have us acting like ISIS. I don’t want our troops acting like ISIS.
edit on 26-6-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: nightmare_david

originally posted by: seagull
What little we know, is, to put it mildly, unsavory. But let's stop pretending that we've got all the information. I doubt we do.

I'm certain we don't have it all but what we do have does not make me proud of his behavior.

Speak for yourself and don't try speaking for other Americans.

Based on just your avatar alone, I consider you a huge embarrassment to our country. Taking an iconic symbol of American pride and purposely modifying it to resemble a Confederate flag knowing it would create anger in your own country. And people wonder why some people see that flag as a symbol of hate. Look at how some ignorant fools use it.

It also proves that you know absolutely nothing about that character.

Wow you must really be a sensitive !! In no way does his avatar resemble the confederate flag to me.. All I see are stars and bars and a splash of red on a shield.. I would guess you wake up in the morning looking for things to be offended by.. Have a good life there amigo

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Case almost closed !! The jury found them not guilty on all accounts except for the dastardly deed of taking a photo of the dead terrorist.

Since time spent in the brig by Edward Gallagher has already been longer than any sentience for taking a photo I would expect the judge will rule go home, have a nice day... youtu.be...

Thank goodness for a jury with common sense, "surprise surprise surprise".. Gomer Pile

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I’m betting no soldiers in a war zone are charged unless to evidence is overwhelming..

Just look at the PR nightmare TPTB are facing from charging him at all..

There is no benefit in falsely accusing soldiers and having large chunks of the military and American citizens hate you..

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I’m betting no soldiers in a war zone are charged unless to evidence is overwhelming..

Just look at the PR nightmare TPTB are facing from charging him at all..

There is no benefit in falsely accusing soldiers and having large chunks of the military and American citizens hate you..

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I only read the first two pages of this thread so far, but I have to ask:

Are there any actual soldiers/sailors/airmen/marines in this thread who have actually been deployed to combat zones?

I ask because there are so many in here, spouting off opinions about what is and isn't right when you're in action, but so far, none of these strong opinions are being spouted by anyone who has seen combat. Why don't we ask the men who have actually faced these situations, what is right or not right?
edit on 2-7-2019 by KansasGirl because: "acorn"

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join