It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medic testifies that he, not Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher, was responsible for ISIS fighter's death

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

A medic testifying in the trial of Navy SEAL Edward Gallagher – who is accused of killing an injured ISIS prisoner of war in Iraq – shocked trial observers when he testified Thursday that he, not Gallagher, was responsible for the Islamic militant's death. Special Operator 1st Class Corey Scott, a SEAL Team Seven medic, revealed during cross-examination in the courtroom at Naval Base San Diego that he killed the fighter by asphyxiation. Scott testified that he saw Gallagher stab the fighter, but then he himself held his thumb over a breathing tube that had been inserted into the militant's mouth.

“Did Chief Gallagher kill this terrorist?” Gallagher's attorney Timothy Parlatore then asked Scott.
"No," Scott replied.

Just wow. It seemed the writing was on the wall for this one, but it seems like Gallagher was straight up. This guy lead his group, just just a member. And his press encounters were passionate. He seemed as if he believed he didn't do what he was charged with. well, it looks like he was right. Lots of folks prejudged this one, but it's a really good instance for letting the facts speak, all of them. I know this isn't over just yet, but it sure did take a wild turn today. I hope true justice happens, and all involved are OK.

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
In all honesty, give those men a medal.

Isis are animals and after "wandering" into some of their graphic videos, I say, good riddance.

Fight me.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
All should be fair in love and war.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
On a different subject one of my buddies brought back a pair of human K-9's cut out of a Taliban's head while he was still alive.

The story he told me was he hit the insurgent with an M203 round that didn't detonate but instead collapsed the guy's chest. My buddy found him alive a little time later laying on the ground where he was hit still gripping his empty RPG tube and attempting to load another rocket.

My buddy got down close with his knife and cut out his K-9's right before strangling him.

He also told me about all the drop weapons they used to carry in the back of the Humvee as well. Killed the wrong guy? No worries drop an AK on him and move on.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The burn the witch mentality of those who rush to judgement is dangerous and sick. Also Justice ?? How long did Gallagher spend in jail ? Now with this new revelation will the medic now go through the whole long drawn out circus of a witch hunt trial ?

I never heard of a NVA going on trail for skinning an American alive or cutting his penis and testicles off and cramming the package in his mouth after nailing the GI alive to a tree..

ISIS were and are idiot religious terrorist ...to call them enemy combatants would be a compliment.... and to call them animals would be an insult to animals every where.

During WW2 when an SS officer was wounded or captured many units just shot them on the spot for they were not redeemable human beings in the eyes of the Russians and American units ( in Patton's army it was common from what I was told).. I used to have a German Luger (actually Dad's) from the war that was once an SS officer's side arm.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Why is this even resulting in charges or a trial? A subhuman animal is dead, good riddance, soldiers did their duty, move on.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

In the eyes of the law, gallagher stabbed a prisoner, which is very much against the rules, and a heinous crime. Even during war. The rules of engagement strictly forbid harming or torturing prisoners.

Scott killed a prisoner, which is of course a heinous crime. Not through neglect, or ineptitude, but an active murder.

So, just understand the actual rules when they go about sentencing these two. Many of you are happy to call ISIS fighters animals for murdering people, but are happy to hear when one of our own does something just as deplorable.

Both will recieve court marshals, Scott will lose his medical license, and both will serve time military time.

I personally want our soldiers to be held to a higher standard.

Collecting trophies of teeth, ears, fingers, whatever. Is the act of an animal. No human should even think of taking human trophies. That is why there are very strict laws against it.

edit on 20-6-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Why is this even resulting in charges or a trial? A subhuman animal is dead, good riddance, soldiers did their duty, move on.
We don’t treat our enemies like animals. Not because they deserve better, but because it lessens who you are. We want our soldiers to come back here and be honerable members of society. Once you have pulled an enemies teeth, or scalped another human, that path is gone for you.
edit on 20-6-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

The Army trains people to be animals to fight animals, kind of hard to be better when you are exposed to such
Anyway, when your own troops act like ISIS it’s not good.

Human trophies, a trait of a psychopath, there has to be rules

It’s tricky

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

The Army trains people to be animals to fight animals, kind of hard to be better when you are exposed to such

It’s tricky
I’m glad we agree. I thought it was odd that an Atheist was going to have to teach morals to the religious in this thread.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

We don’t treat our enemies like animals. Not because they deserve better, but because it lessens who you are. We want our soldiers to come back here and be honerable members of society. Once you have pulled an enemies teeth, or scalped another human, that path is gone for you.

His teeth weren't pulled, nor was he scalped. He was executed for cause. If your position on this was accurate, then we'd not be a society with capital punishment, but yet here we are. Killing that ISIS animal doesn't lessen any US soldier in my eyes, quite the opposite, in fact.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Both will recieve court marshals, Scott will lose his medical license, and both will serve time military time.

Courts martial. "Martial" as in "martial law." Scott is a medic, not a doctor. He's more like an EMT on the battlefield. He has no license to lose. Further, he has not been charged, at least not yet. In this trial he is a witness, not a defendant. Gallagher has been charged with several counts, but technically he is potentilly innocent of this one. He did not kill the insurgent; Scott did. I don't put much stock in your prognostications.
edit on 6/20/2019 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
These guys are heroes.

edit on 20/6/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Why is this even resulting in charges or a trial?

Because we're supposed to be a nation of laws and above that type of behavior but I'm sure someone will give me an awesome whataboutism why stabbing and asphyxiating a prisoner is super excellent.

edit on 20-6-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer because Heels took it

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Rules of engagement are grand, but when only one side follows them, they do nothing but handcuff the compliant side. It's an attempt to soften war and artificially level playing fields when the very nature of war isn't intended to be softened and unlevel playing fields equate to quicker resolutions to end most wars.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Rules of engagement are grand, but when only one side follows them, they do nothing but handcuff the compliant side.

Who gives a ****? Don't join the military then. These guys knew what the ROE were and still decided to act like this.

edit on 20-6-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Rules of engagement are grand, but when only one side follows them, they do nothing but handcuff the compliant side.

Who gives a ****? Don't join the military then. These guys knew what the ROE were and still decided to act like this.

Great, they showed initiative - one less terrorist to worry about.

edit on 20/6/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

It’s tricky
I’m glad we agree. I thought it was odd that an Atheist was going to have to teach morals to the religious in this thread.

Well I don’t know if I agree, that would be way to easy
Let’s say I can understand both arguments and see them as both valid

Morals are subjective, God utterly destroyed complete communities because they acted like ISIS. I believe the death penalty works, hence why the US is at war. Military intervention is a form of death penalty

As a Christian I believe everyone should act Christian but even christians can’t manage that. In an altruistic society, no need for a death penalty but you can’t cuddle out malevolence

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Great, they showed initiative - one less terrorist to worry about.

The Navy disagrees with you, obviously.

As do most sane people.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Must suck to be a Navy SEAL.
They put you through absolute hell when they train you to be one, then they send you to hellholes to kill people. Then, after attempting to kill your enemy, you find that he isn't dead, and then when you kill him, they try you for murder.
Maybe the rules of engagement might be a problem.
I don't need to hear Geneva Convention crap. Geneva Convention was a pipe dream anyway. Who has followed it? If your enemy doesn't follow the rules.... Are you going to, in war?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join