It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to Democratic Oregon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Thanks man. I need that pep talk, I've never been called cool before so I'm floating on cloud 9 right now.

Is this what it feels like to not be a virgin anymore? I can only hope.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

So now you get to determine what kind of committee it is?

So, what makes this committee "non-partisan"?

Because we have equal amount of people on the committee that are left and right.

All sides, opinions are heard.

Not one side or partisan opinion is heard over another

So, it's not non-partisan. It's "equal partisan". That's like saying you sit on a non-gender committee, because it consists of equally divided men, women and LGBTQers.

edit on 20-6-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Have you noticed that you cant have a civil honest discussion on this website even when discussing a civil honest discussion?

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Are you slow?

When Ted Cruz and AOC wrote a bill against PACs it was heralded as non-partisan.

Are you saying that Cruz and Cortez aren’t partisan?

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

No. They put their partisan goals aside to find areas of agreement. They didn't go in as representative of their parties. They went in for a common goal.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

No. They put their partisan goals aside to find areas of agreement. They didn't go in as representative of their parties. They went in for a common goal.

*Golf clap*

Now you’re getting it!

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

*Golf clap*

Now you’re getting it!

Trust me, he doesn't.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Have you noticed that you cant have a civil honest discussion on this website even when discussing a civil honest discussion?

It’s a bunch of internet tough guys picking on a frail little old crippled man.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

*Golf clap*

Now you’re getting it!

Trust me, he doesn't.

Yeah, you’re probably right.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

IS that what you do when you sit on your committee, put your right wing goals aside and work on common goals? Or, do you insult, bully and shame your left wing colleagues, like you do here?

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

So. they came to a bi-partisan agreement? I think that's the word you're looking for. I know how important it is for libs to get their labels correct.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

IS that what you do when you sit on your committee, put your right wing goals aside and work on common goals? Or, do you insult, bully and shame your left wing colleagues, like you do here?

He's only insulting you because you said something stupid. People do that regardless of political affiliation.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I love how instead of staying on topic, you guys have targetted an old man and are now dog piling on him, because your brain cant process context.

You guys sure are brave.

And by watching this display, the 3 of you have no business about talking about how anyone acts with their online anonymity.

Hypocrites and cowards, always the first to screech online
edit on 20-6-2019 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I’ll give you an example.

We we looking at the growing elderly population in Portland and elsewhere and it was a think tank night but we supported a budget allocation to initiate a community EMT program where key personnel would follow up with the elderly who had recently left either long-term care facilities or hospitals to make sure they were following up with their own care, getting medications, following up with physical therapy programs and calling for additional resources if needed.
edit on 20-6-2019 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

So. they came to a bi-partisan agreement?

Except they didn't negotiate an agreement between themselves. Cruz and Cortez were already in agreement on an issue, where both Democrats and Republicans indulge themselves in and support the practice the two of them oppose. That's what makes it bi-partisan/non-partisan.

It was DC Cowboy who described his committee as "non-partisan", not me, if it's the phraseology that bothers you.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It’s a reoccurring theme .

THINK THE WAY I DO OR ELSE

Liberals don’t want negotiation or opposing views.

Their goal is to break you to their will .

Liberalism is synonymous with control freak .

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

So now you get to determine what kind of committee it is?

Hey now, you are the one who said it was a non-partisan city council, that is all I supposed it to be, just as you called it.

See?

How is it you suppose that I am attempting to determine what kind of a committee it is? I"m just going off of what you have said.

Oh, by the way, I always thought that maybe the DC was for District of Columbia. But now, knowing you are from Oregon, might that DC stand for Douglas County?

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

That's great non-partisan committee etiquette, right there!

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

It’s DB.

For my stripper name, “Dick Bimbo”

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

So many questions. However, you maintain that the committee you sit on is non-partisan because it addresses issues of people, not parties?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join