It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to Democratic Oregon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This is a fun twist to and old game. Apparently the Oregon State Senate is having an issue with "Going Green". At risk is a whole lot more then carbon scams.

Also reported in;
washingtontimes.com
Q13 news.com

A series of threats, including one against police officers, reverberated through the Oregon Capitol on Wednesday as Senate Republicans considered a second walkout instead of allowing a greenhouse gas emissions cap-and-invest bill to pass.

In response, Gov. Kate Brown, a Democrat, threatened to call a special session starting July 2 and stay in Salem until the Legislature's work is complete. Under the state Constitution, the Legislature is supposed to adjourn by June 30.

Oh who cares? Well it's gotten to this point:

She and Senate President Peter Courtney, D-Salem, also have hinted at the possibility of using the Oregon State Police to compel Republicans senators to return to the building if they walk out.
"We ask for, and take on responsibility, as elected representatives of the people of Oregon to show up and speak up on their behalf," Brown said in a statement. "I am prepared to use all resources and tools available to me as governor to ensure that Oregonians are being served by their leaders."

And in a now classic response, a GOP repasentitive goes on the air and states:

But during an interview with Portland television station KGW later in the day, Sen. Brian Boquist, R-Dallas, threatened Oregon State Police officers if they tried to bring him back to the Capitol.
"Send bachelors and come heavily armed. I’m not going to be a political prisoner in the state of Oregon. It’s just that simple," he said.

So let's look at this a little closer.

In the story as reported from: Q13news.com
THe issue stems from the DNC having a super majority, and not working with anyone else.

Senate Republican Leader Herman Baertschiger, Jr., responded to the governor’s threats, saying that Democrats’ climate proposals threaten business and the livelihoods of rural communities.
“Walking out is part of the conversation because the governor is not willing to move on her position on the bill,” said Baertschiger, from Grants Pass. “She is only representing Portland and the environmental community, not rural Oregonians.”

Why does this matter? Well if everyone remembers the issue the DNC has with the Electoral College being unfair to the populations. Well this is what you get when you only focus on a small area of a landscape that is supose to be repersented in a govermental institution, but instead that same institution is just catering to it's primary population center. So instead of reaching for a compramise that benifits everyone in Oregon, the DNC controlled legistraters only want to focus on the most liberal of cities and what they want.

What of this guy that said; "Send bachelors and come heavily armed"
Well, maybe take his word as a warning.

Boquist was born and raised on a dairy farm in Tillamook, Oregon. He attained the rank of Eagle Scout in the Boy Scouts of America, graduated from Tillamook High School, and enlisted in the United States Army in 1975. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Western Oregon State College (now Western Oregon University) and an MBA from Oregon State University.
Boquist is a former career special forces lieutenant colonel who served in branches of the United States Army. He is a director with International Charter Incorporated, an international services company that specializes in a variety of support operations for private organizations and the United States government. ICI has worked in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and South America. Additionally, ICI was involved in pre-deployment training of armed services members during OEF and OIF from 2006 to 2012. Boquist is involved with several other business entities primarily in the agriculture and forestry industry. He served as Deputy Commander and Chief of Staff of the Joint Combined Special Operations Task Force in Iraq in 2003–2004, receiving the Bronze Star Medal and recommendation for promotion for his service.

Yep a real nutter. He wanted to do weird things in office too, such as;

He was closely involved in the 2013 Regular Session, and following Special Session, with the passage of the small business tax cut to incentivize job grow in rural Oregon. He was appointed to serve on the oversight committee for the start up of the Cover Oregon insurance exchange during which time he constantly sought expanded committee authority to place witnesses under oath and subpoena testimony, both of which were never granted to the now defunct committee

Growing jobs, and placing witnesses under oath. The nerve of some people right ... right?

Anyway's this situation is on going right now, and it does look like it could flare out of control quickly if cooler heads don't prevail. I guess we should be asking ourselves who's in the wrong here, is anyone out of control, and most importantly what happens if the Govener has to have the State Police round up all the GOP members of State Congress and force them to sit into a special session? Wouldn't any voting done under those circumstances be voided since they would have been done while under duress, but what if the GOP really do fight back and people get shot? Then what?

edit on 20-6-2019 by Guyfriday because: Nothing was done, but I like how spell check works, and then it doesn't.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Speaking as an Oregonian, the political left in our fine state are nothing more than authoritarians.

They’re bullies.

It’s not about doing what is right and representing the state, it’s about a sweeping leftist agenda.

These same fine leftists are the ones that cut funding to the mentally ill and have cut funding for programs for the mentally ill housing.

They’re hypocrites of the worst order.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm in Washington State, our idiot … err … Governor want 1 billion to save to Orcas, but not a dime for the homeless crisis. So yep I hear ya.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

I’m on a non-partisan citizen advisory council.

We meet quarterly with our county and state officials about budget spending.

The talk is always nice but I’d get more done just sitting in a corner and lighting my farts than than dealing with these snake-oil salesmen.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Let me guess...……..we're going to save money by spending more money.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I’m on a non-partisan citizen advisory council.

YOU? Non-partisan???? Gimme a break.
Why do I say that? Here is from your first post in this thread

Speaking as an Oregonian, the political left in our fine state are nothing more than authoritarians.

They’re bullies.

It’s not about doing what is right and representing the state, it’s about a sweeping leftist agenda.

They’re hypocrites of the worst order.

See why I find that claim hard to even consider?

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Try and comprehend what he actually said. It had nothing to do with posts on ATS.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Hopefully, he keeps his anonymous online ATS winger personality in check when in public.
edit on 20-6-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I said I’m on a non -partisan committee, I never said I wasn’t partisan.

There are an equal mix of people on our committee.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Hopefully, he keeps his anonymous online ATS winger personality in check when in public.

Nope. I tool around in my hov-a-round and throat punch leftistassholes just for kicks. As the kids say.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

ATS is his safe space, he would never say what he says on here out in public considering the possible consequences.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I have been trying to comprehend what he says for years now and in doing so cannot comprehend how he claims to be on a non-partisan committee, that is unless we consider this as a self description

hypocrites of the worst order.

However for the benefit of a doubt he does state that he sit's in a corner and lights his farts, so I guess that accounts for something,

Oregon has many many conservatives who live in the country and rural areas while the major population centers are as per national averages, liberal. In the state there is no electoral college type of protection from the majority of people voting one way and the minority the the other. As the electoral college is written into the US constitution for that specific protection from the majority it is not written into the state constitution.

But looking at it from the other point of view the electoral college can also be seen as the tyranny of the vast minority over the majority of citizens. In the case of Oregon the majority of citizens are not subject to that minority.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Your right DC. I just suppose I guessed that a non-partisan council would be comprised of folk who consider themselves to be non-partisan. You just keep lighting your farts to let them know the level of discussion you wish to add to.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

However for the benefit of a doubt he does state that he sit's in a corner and lights his farts, so I guess that accounts for something,

That sound like a skill the Trump Administration might be interested in! DC might be head hunted for a higher calling in the near future!

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Your right DC. I just suppose I guessed that a non-partisan council would be comprised of folk who consider themselves to be non-partisan. You just keep lighting your farts to let them know the level of discussion you wish to add to.

So now you get to determine what kind of committee it is?

That’s stupid.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Sookiechacha

ATS is his safe space, he would never say what he says on here out in public considering the possible consequences.

I know.

Leftist assholes are violent authoritarians who wouldn’t think twice about beating an old man because he has a different opinion

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

So, what makes this committee "non-partisan"?

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Who said anything about anyone beating you? I mean you embarrassing yourself.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

So, what makes this committee "non-partisan"?

Because we have equal amount of people on the committee that are left and right.

All sides, opinions are heard.

Not one side or partisan opinion is heard over another

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Who said anything about anyone beating you? I mean you embarrassing yourself.

You’re so cool.

I bet you drive a cool car.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join