It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Voter Fraud The Reason For NY Giving Illegals Driver's Licenses?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It's a simple question, is there a simple answer? I think there is, even though most Democrats would vehemently disagree with me. IMO, Cuomo and the rest of the DemocRAT leadership in NY, knew full well, that allowing illegals to obtain drivers licenses would increase the potential for voter fraud. Especially when you consider, that according to the Migration Policy Institute, New York has the third largest undocumented population in the country, with an estimated 940,000 people. How convenient. Do any of you think that the "Green Light Bill" might help the Democratic Party, especially during the start of the campaign season for the 2020 elections?

A loophole in the new law granting driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants could allow hundreds of thousands of people to fraudulently register to vote in New York, according to critics, the state Board of Elections and the bill’s own sponsor.

nypost.com...

Upstate New Yorkers, including those here in Rochester, where I live, are against this plan. Monroe County Executive Cheryl Dinolfo has recently announced that she was going to file a lawsuit to stop the Green Light Bill. Of course, County Clerk Adam Bello, who plans to run for Monroe County Executive, against Dinolfo this fall, brings up politics, instead of the issue, when interviewed by a local TV station.

In a statement she released earlier today, Dinolfo says passing the legislation puts state law at odds with federal law, it endangers public safety and rewards those who have not followed the law.

Dinoflo says she is not playing politics but is looking out for the safety of Monroe County residents.

www.rochesterfirst.com... 211

More push back against the Green Light Bill:

“[A] major concern is that many states, including New York, use their DMVs to enroll voters. Since New York does not have voter-identification laws like the majority of other states do, this bill increases the potential for voter fraud”
“This means that New York will soon have the most radical, open-ended law in the entire nation.”

-Sen. Republican ­Minority Leader John Flanagan (R–Suffolk)

"This is a license to commit fraud,"
"This is not, not about immigrants, this is about our laws,"

-Republican Sen. Daphne Jordan

"Once we start giving driver licenses to people who are here illegally, we start diminishing the license that you carry every single day,”

-Rensselaer County Clerk Frank Merola

"Removing this layer of protection will open the door to all types of fraud,”

-Saratoga County Clerk Craig Hayner

In California, where undocumented residents are able to obtain driver's licenses, "the California Department of Motor Vehicles has admitted that, yes, it did in fact screw up by assisting at least 1,500 ineligible driver's license recipients to register to vote, including aliens." Of course, Democrats insist that this is a very rare occurrence. However, isn't that the type of response one would give, if they're trying to distort the truth, especially if they were to reap the benefits from such laws?

News outlets are now telling us that, after repeated denials, the California Department of Motor Vehicles has admitted that, yes, it did in fact screw up by assisting at least 1,500 ineligible driver's license recipients to register to vote, including aliens.

An audit of California's DMV voter registration program — commonly known as "motor voter" — is likely to turn up more instances of mistaken registration, according to the Public Interest Legal Foundation, a nonprofit that investigates election integrity issues. A PILF report released in August found that hundreds of non-citizens were recently purged from voter rolls in three major California counties, most of them after having registered through the motor voter program.

It's not a very impressive track record. But in an effort to reassure the public, DMV officials have since publicly stated that none of the persons registered in error was an illegal alien. This assertion that none of the aliens registered was illegally in the United States both intrigues and puzzles me. How would the DMV know? California is a sanctuary state that, by law, prohibits its employees from making inquiries as to an alien's status.

cis.org...
edit on 6/20/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

New York and California are historic blue states so the evil left must be worried if they’re trying to overtly cheat our system and laws.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Of course it is. It's the same thing California did.

But I expect a smaller illegal vote turnout in 2020. The current President is not going to encourage them to vote this time like the previous one did.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Well of course it's about voting.
What other possible reason could it be.

The whole system is screwed up.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Supporting illegal immigration and sanctuary cities in the first place is all about illegal votes. There's no other reason to put the safety of your own citizens at risk unless you're gonna get some kind of benefit from it. Politicians care about 2 things: money and votes.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
In Michigan it is illegal for non-citizens to vote even if they have a drivers license. I think my son-in-laws license has something on it that identifies him as not being a full citizen but I am not sure. He does not vote, if he even registers his residency is cancelled. Illegals don't have to worry about losing legal status.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
What happens when illegal aliens are allowed to be on juries. Barely speak English if any then giving other illegal aliens a pass on crimes because they identify with them. I was on a jury with a guy who barely spoke English and that is exactly what he did. The evidence was clear and he and another broken English juror would not budge an inch. Even both lawyers said the defendant broke the law. INSANE.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Democrats committing voter fraud is tantamount to fish committing swimming...

-Chris

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
More than just voting. Driver’s Licenses are recognized in all 50 states as identification. Unless specifically noted and easily accessible to citizenship or non-legal residency status, a license is a “get out of deportation free card.”

This serves to complicate local law enforcement by causing questionable delayed detainment of individuals to figure out status of a person. All so claims of targeting or racial profiling can be made.

Many times, even by border patrol just a visual inspection of my license and a couple of simple questions such as are you a US citizen was all that happened at the checkpoints in Texas while the semi was being scanned for warm bodies.

Freedom of movement along with potential paydays from lawsuits. Meanwhile we have a homeless veteran population of natural born citizens that is rather large. Anyone remember what Rambo was originally arrested for in First Blood? Vagrancy.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Perfect example of why the electoral system is so important

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Perfect example of why the electoral system is so important

It's a firewall. I don't care what anyone says, it is a firewall to prevent the whole building from going up in flames. Remove it and this thing is over. Fire hose shooting liquid octane on a camp fire in the woods. It's over.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I reckon the illegal vote total is close to 10 million at this stage.
Democrats will be hard at work taking the driving licences given in Blue states to illegal aliens and arranging for hundreds of thousands to move to places like Texas.

edit on 20/6/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join