It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran claims to have downed a US UAV

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

You'll get your stars, but you're heading into a dead end position. You'll never see CSAF, or one of his immediate deputies.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
A US Navy ship caught the crash on camera. It sure looks like it came down in the water, not on Iranian territory.

theaviationist.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Bet John Bolton loves that

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Timing seems off considering Iran supposedly attacked a tanker and now shot down a drone. Iran, has nothing to gain with a war with the USA. Russia, has nothing to gain with a war with the USA. Who is it that gains with a Iranian USA war? Not to mention a us iranian war is no slam dunk for our armed forces the terrain is similar to Afghanistan not tank landscapes like Iraq was.. Just more posturing..

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Arnie123

That's how it should be, but it seems like the only ones that get to any kind of real leadership position are political animals. I've met some outstanding unit level guys, even an amazing AMC commander. But all the upper leadership in the Air Force at least come up from one group, who are basically trained to be arrogant pricks.
I can definitely agree with this and concur. There are always those wanting to pad themselves fat and care less about what they should be doing.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

The IRGC gains if they shoot down a valuable UAV, like the BAMS-D and we do nothing. It gains them more power over the moderates, because they stood up to us and we backed down.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Gosh, was not an Iranian General just spouting off about being ready for war and how this is a lesson to the USA and all that?

Seems it's not in Trumps mind like some posters think.

or is this typical rhetoric?

odd they would say this just after a drone was shot down huh?

if the drone was a false flag and all

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It shows that God is on their side. I remember sitting through briefings in the early 80's about this. It is their belief that if they are able to pull off something like this without repercussions it is because God is on their side and they are in his favor. So what have we done? For years we have let them get away with it. They have punched the "Great Satan" in the nose and he has done nothing. Allah wills.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Yep. And if we got off our butts and did something back, it's entirely possible the Moderates would be able to take power back from the IRGC and we'd have a different Iran today.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

originally posted by: Dfairlite
Boy does this blow a gaping hole in some people's belief that the US is trying to start a war.

Iran, at the behest of Obama/Kerry wants a war. Not us.

Yes because flying spy drones around their territory and implementing economic sanctions is an act of peace and love.
If Iran flew drones near US coastlines they would have been nuked back to stone age.
But hey, Trumps son in law is a zionist so I guess this was in the cards. Yeah, and Hillary was the one who would start ww3?!

Not if it was in international waters.

I don't think the military would even care.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ghaleon12

People always say "If X did this around the US they'd be blown out of the sky", and yet we have Russian aircraft flying into the ADIZ around Alaska, ships sailing just outside ports watching for our subs leaving, in the Gulf of Mexico, Chinese planes and ships just off Guam.... All with minimal reaction by the US.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

A US Navy ship caught the crash on camera. It sure looks like it came down in the water, not on Iranian territory.

Territorial waters extend 13.8 miles from the mainland, so it still could have been in their territory.

theaviationist.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Correct, However Irans claims it was shot down Miles inland, how do you resolve that?

Where Iran says it was shot down is not near any water. (I really wish I could imbed easier on an Xbox)

you can look it up though.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

AGI's trying to disrupt ship formations. Russian tubs nearly colliding with our ships etc. etc. etc.
It was safer during the Cold War. We flew our helo past a Soviet cruiser in 86. We were in the cargo door with our cameras, they were on deck with theirs. We waved, they waved back. A few days later in Sicily I paid for several pitchers of beer to be sent to some tables full of Soviet sailors. I still have the hat I was given in thanks.

Yeah Zap. We're the warmongers.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Yes, it could have been, but they initially claimed it crashed on land, near a village. According to US sources, they were 21 miles out at the time.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Don't forget RIOs greeting Russian aircraft in gorilla masks. I remember the first time a Russian group came to Hawaii. Everyone was freaking out, and they were just as touristy as anyone else. After years of hearing they were the boogieman, it was like "Them? Really?"

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I remember the spyship alerts back in the 80's at K-bay, Good times

would loved to have meet some of them, would have been fun.

( yes, I am a certified cold warrior)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

theaviationist.com...

Disregard, someone already addressed this.
edit on 20 6 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

And as pointed out, the initial claims by the IRGC was that it came down on land, not in the water, and that proved it violated their airspace. That's why I said "...on Iranian territory".
edit on 6/20/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: blackbird9393

Trump has said that Iran must have shot it down by mistake.

However, he told reporters it could have been the result of human error, saying: "I find it hard to believe it was intentional.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Everything is now all ok.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join