It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran claims to have downed a US UAV

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   
A U.S. strike force was launched tonight, and then ordered to turn around and return to base.

twitter.com...

Probably scared the crap out of Iranian leadership, just as planned.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: DustybudzZ

And neither is going to go for an all out war over Iran. They might support them with weapons, but they aren't stupid.

Lol and you know this for sure how?

Alliance's are made for a reason!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
A U.S. strike force was launched tonight, and then ordered to turn around and return to base.

twitter.com...

Probably scared the crap out of Iranian leadership, just as planned.

Maybe?

Or maybe they don't want a panic and they are just trying to retract the story not the actual act of what they are doing

Or then again maybe they did pull back because of something and wanted to regroup and reassess their strategies???

Who knows really?
with all the lies and misinformation

Guess will just have to wait and see

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Because Russia was allies with North Korea and Vietnam, including sending advisors and pilots. And we still didn't go to war with them. And they sent were allies with just about everyone in the Middle East fighting against Israel who was our ally.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Because Russia was allies with North Korea and Vietnam, including sending advisors and pilots. And we still didn't go to war with them. And they sent were allies with just about everyone in the Middle East fighting against Israel who was our ally.

Are you talking about recently ? Or back in the Vietnam war?

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I'm talking about Vietnam until now. Where was that alliance you speak about with Syria? One of the only warm water bases Russia has, and they did nothing to stop us hitting targets in Syria.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Iran shot the drone down because they could, so why not?

U.S. is not going to war over a drone shootdown so may as well get some target practice in is what I figure they were thinking.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I'm talking about Vietnam until now. Where was that alliance you speak about with Syria? One of the only warm water bases Russia has, and they did nothing to stop us hitting targets in Syria.

Well I never claimed to know the whole minutia of war negotiations and government negotiations

I'm just simply saying they are all allied

so that dose potentiality pose a threat of retaliation from Iran's allies if more and worse conflicts keep happening and when or if those allies decides to get involved.

So I'm not saying your wrong on what your saying

I'm just saying it's a possibility

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Bush much more so than Obama. Now with Trump there's more of an escalation yet there are more obstacles than the previous years to engaging in a military conflict.

He threatened NK with no actual basis for war and this is more of the same

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   
US-Iran: Trump 'pulls back after approving military strikes' www.bbc.co.uk...

I wonder why Trump supposedly pulled back. Maybe they got some fresh intel

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackbird9393

They probably decided to wait til Shabbat is over. Any strike on Iran will probably see Iran attack Israel through Hezbollah thus meaning fighting on Shabbat and that is Israel's weak day as many soldiers won't want to do it. Best wait til Saturday nigt then it's all go for six days which let's face it it's all it takes

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: blackbird9393

It’s not that complicated. Trump has made it abundantly cleat that hew wont to war over some minor incident the tanker attack or the shot down UAV.
On the other hand, he doesn’t want to appear weak or risk emboldening the Iranians and remains as hard line and belligerent on the nuclear issue as ever.

Hence this little media show. The US demonstrated it’s ability to act quickly and decisively while Trump reaffirmed his control over the situation while also appearing to be unpredictable.
Pretty unorthodox but not the worst move in the world.

The ball is once again in the Iranian court. Basically their last chance to walk away.
It’s hard to see any other outcome than war in the long run but so far so good for Trump.
edit on 21-6-2019 by mightmight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   
As I stated early on in the thread I think trump is being very clever and approaching this smart. But equally we also do not know what intel is coming out that can influence decisions

a reply to: mightmight

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: blackbird9393

They probably decided to wait til Shabbat is over. Any strike on Iran will probably see Iran attack Israel through Hezbollah thus meaning fighting on Shabbat and that is Israel's weak day as many soldiers won't want to do it. Best wait til Saturday nigt then it's all go for six days which let's face it it's all it takes

We'll see.

Come Sunday morning, I'll be right back here to tell you that you were wrong.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

fun fact, the Six Day War was actually fought on Shabbat

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   
A tactical and aggressive front seems to be a message Trump wanted to send Tehran without starting another major conflict in the middle east. In other words,this could happen if you don't concede and come to the table and talk. While the US has moved some of its assets to the region and could really pack a punch, Iran has the strongest hand here when it comes to it's neighboring countries - with half decent military power you'd probably see a nasty response to any sort of US strike.

I think Tehran knows what the US is capable of but they take on any sort of war footing with the US and any of her allies they know it'd be the end of the Ali Khamenei regime.

There is more at stake here when it boils down to any military confrontation - over the years we've seen many wars in the middle east, such as Iraq, Syria, Libya and so on. Iran probably would be the nastiest of wars to happen in the Middle East. Least not forget Russia being a fond Allie of Iran and Syria.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   

I was only half joking but ya never know what they got planned out between them regarding taking out Iran.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: mightmight

fun fact, the Six Day War was actually fought on Shabbat

Might be a little more tricky these days as there are far more Ultra Israeli's today than back then

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   
We best not lose sight of what the big picture is.
The ultimate goal is the removal of the Iranian leadership.

Pipeline bombings, ship attacks, drone attacks are all of no consequence and serve as distractions.

The goal is not to have Iran comply with any requests we make nor stop their nuclear program.

They can comply with everything we ask and it will not matter because the ultimate goal is to remove the Iranian leadership and put in place puppet dictators friendly to Israel, Saudi and US interests.

The sanctions are not used to force compliance but to weaken the country so it is an easier kill for our military when the time comes.

We saw this same scenario play out with Iraq. It started with sanctions that went on for years and then in come the weapons inspections which they passed, which was a dog and pony show.
The ultimate goal was the removal of Saddam and putting in big military base.

The people behind all this are evil.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
US Official: US Navy MQ4C Triton shot down by Iranian Surface to Air over strait of Hormuz

twitter.com...

The US Official got it wrong about the type of drone, that makes everything else they say suspect.
edit on 21-6-2019 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join