It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran claims to have downed a US UAV

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: blackbird9393

IRAN = RUSSIA proxy...
Part of AMERICA luvs RUSSIA

IRAN was just making sure that RUSSIA & IRAN secure.
RUSSIA checking... RUSSIA/IRAN oil secure.
🤔

The other part of AMERICA thinking...
How did any of this happen. And is AMERICA secure? Pending...

Psychological war games active-

Carries on...

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: odzeandennz

No, they didn't make a mistake. They deliberately shot down a UAV flying over international airspace. They've tried in the past, and finally succeeded. Trump is giving them an out, similar to what has been done in the past. In 1988, they used Silkworm missiles to try to attack multiple US warships, which was denied by the Pentagon and Whitehouse, because they had said if Iran did, then we would retaliate..

Yeah, Its not a mistake if it was over International waters. You do not energize a fire control radar and go weapons free on a whim. Yes, it was perhaps the extremist Revolutionary Guard, but even they have some sort of command structure.

It is possible that a hard line group carried it out to goad the US into a response but splinter group or no, the Government of Iran bears the responsibility.

And Zaph is spot on. If they were going to try to cause an incident it would have been a manned platform not an unmanned drone. Hard to justify a war when it was a machine at risk.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I think people need to look at the bigger picture.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

also the Iranian government released a video purportedly showing the missile launch and hit. If true then they had a crew there with video equipment and the requisite number of "allah akbar" chanters which kind of precludes a battery commander going rogue

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

That looks like it was outside Iranian territorial waters, and in international airspace.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

True. There is territorial water, correct. 34 km, claimed US, is outside of that distance.

edit:

I see someone posted a released map. Claimed outside per map.

edit on 6/20/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

The commander going rogue bit is just trump offering them an olive branch before he brings down the might of the US military on their heads. He's offering them an out. They can lie and reprimand someone and this will all be swept under the rug. Or they can ignore it and likely have some property destroyed and move on. Or they can keep poking the bear and end up in the feces.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

That looks like it was outside Iranian territorial waters, and in international airspace.

Yes and the video kind of proves that this was NO accident. To be fair its possible that the track of the aircraft may at some point violated the airspace but if that's the real shoot down location then its clearly in international airspace and outside of the 12 mile limit.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Reprimand? If you mean hung by a crane or a bullet in the back of the head then I agree

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   
If these two ridiculous sides start a war it will be the only war in history based on all ego.

There's absolutely no reason to start a war with Iran other than an Israeli plot to just reap destruction for their own purposes.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Probably.

Even a short while back there were serious discussions about a conflict with NK, which was an utter joke and never going to happen, and look how that turned out.

As well as ATS seriously believing there was going to be a conflict with Iran shortly after 9-11 with Bush as president, and that hasn't happened in that many years.

If 9-11 is what was required for war with Iraq, the magnitude for an Iran war would have to be much, much higher.

A war with Iran, if it were to be done, would probably have been a lot easier for a number of reasons years ago rather than today.

edit on 20-6-2019 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
This from a country that invented this "super-weapon"...

Yeah... I'm not so worried...

Why do people keep saying "they are not worried about Iran?

Russia prime minister Vladimir Putin has already warned the US "war with iran would be catastrophic"

Iran, Russia, and China are all in alliance and probably north Korea also

when war brakes out between the US and Iran and by the looks of things it will happen just a matter of "when"

It's going to be all out ww3!!!

If it was only Iran I might agree but its not!!!

Iran has alot of backup, that has alot of big guns, and big balls.

I don't think they would be so ready and willing to start a war if they knew they didn't have backup so.

edit on 20-6-2019 by DustybudzZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DustybudzZ

The world economy will tank and Trump will be held responsible for that and he knows it….and will get easily beaten in 2020 if he starts a war over his own stupidity.
The stupid idiot should have never broken that treaty with these religious maniacs in Iran.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   

War with Iran has always been about to start. In 88 we were actively shooting at each other.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Gen Wesley Clark on the US going to war in 7 countries in 5 yrs

It's an ongoing deep state operation folks. Iran is next on the list after they destroyed Libya and Syria and before that of course Iraq.

It's actually run by the State Department that’s why that neocon Pompeo is at the head of this stupid war and Hillary Clinton was behind the Syrian and Libyan wars as SEC during that spinless punk Obama's administration.

edit on 21-6-2019 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

The world economy will tank and Trump will be held responsible for that and he knows it….and will get easily beaten in 2020 if he starts a war over his own stupidity.
The stupid idiot should have never broken that treaty with these religious maniacs in Iran.

Lol ok believe what you will.

I personally believe the "real" government is run by a "different" branch (OGA) and even trump is just a figure head with little say

I mean anyone that can't see that is just blind

This is all planned out

Why do you think Putin and alot of other countries have told there citizens to be peppered and know where there local fallout shelters are

The US dose not even have any fall out shelters they have all been decommissioned and closed down to the public.

And the only ones in operation are kept quite from the public and are only for the most "richest" and "important" people

I mean don't get me wrong all government's are corrupt but the USA is up there with the worst of them

And I'm an American citizen lmfao

not all of us are uneducated, fat, lazy and ignorant

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   

War with Iran has always been about to start. In 88 we were actively shooting at each other.

I just said it's not really Iran we should be worried about

I'm talking about Russia and China

They are in alliance with Iran

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Gen Wesley Clark on the US going to war in 7 countries in 5 yrs

It's an ongoing deep state operation folks. Iran is next on the list after they destroyed Libya and Syria and before that of course Iraq.

It's actually run by the State Department that’s why that neocon Pompeo is at the head of this stupid war and Hillary Clinton was behind the Syrian and Libyan wars as SEC during that spinless punk Obama's administration.

Lol I think we are saying the same thing I may have misunderstood you

I just don't really get into the whole Democrats vs. Republican
Liberals vs. conservatives BS

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Re: www.abovetopsecret.com...

This U.S. FAA Notice will keep American-based aircraft out of Iranian airspace. I hope other nations of the world follow-suit.

But since the drone was NOT in Iranian Airspace, maybe civilian flights should not come within 100 miles of Iranian airspace?

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   

And neither is going to go for an all out war over Iran. They might support them with weapons, but they aren't stupid.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join