It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran claims to have downed a US UAV

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
A US Navy ship caught the crash on camera. It sure looks like it came down in the water, not on Iranian territory.

The might treat 12 miles of water their territory too.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

No, they didn't make a mistake. They deliberately shot down a UAV flying over international airspace. They've tried in the past, and finally succeeded. Trump is giving them an out, similar to what has been done in the past. In 1988, they used Silkworm missiles to try to attack multiple US warships, which was denied by the Pentagon and Whitehouse, because they had said if Iran did, then we would retaliate.

Eyewitnesses always contradict official stories. Eyewitness testimony is actually lousy for figuring out what really happened, unless of course they fit into what you want to believe.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Read their initial statement. According to the IRGC, the wreckage came down several miles inland, near a village.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

not only THAT, they are so kind, they put themselves in harms way to remove limpet mines for the crews safety.

Such humanitarians.

I wonder what other considerate things they are known for that our media hides.

(insert eye roll here)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Read their initial statement. According to the IRGC, the wreckage came down several miles inland, near a village.

At the size of a 727 there would be some massive damage to show.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

then why did the first reports from Iran claim it was shot down over land?

or did you forget that part of the Iranian story?

The picture used showed a Drone without a wing, (which turned out to be fake,from Yemen 2 years ago) drones don't glide far without a wing.

Why would Iran show a fake picture?

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: Arnie123

Of course they were fake. Because Iran has never ever done anything like that in the past. They're just peaceful, loving people, that do nothing wrong. Just like we shot down the UAV, and are framing them.

From Syria to Libya to Iraq, you should be hard pressed to believe what you're told.

I just find it hard to believe, with my military career, that video footage of Iran sabotaging a boat would be made available to the public in a matter of hours... Military surveillance isn't put out to justify tweets by a president.
Yeah, I straight up don't believe that and if true, probably some LT trying to be somebody, but all the NCOs and Soldiers laugh at them. No way an AntiAmerica served...well maybe for the skills, which is kinda scary considering the mental state..

You make less and less sense.

But sure.

I guess no crises with Iran this month! We gotta find a new to justify the arms sales to Saudi that got shut down by the senate 55-45...

P. S. I'm a Trump voter

Trump 2020
BTW, "Neither chamber is expected to be able to muster the two-thirds votes necessary to override all-but-guranteed vetos from Trump in response" (The Hill et al)

Nice fail, but try to stay on topic please.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

The video released by the Navy looks like it might have gone a fair distance as it came down, but it came down pretty fast. I seriously doubt it would have been able to go far enough to come down on land going by the trajectory in the video.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Of course they were fake. Because Iran has never ever done anything like that in the past. They're just peaceful, loving people, that do nothing wrong. Just like we shot down the UAV, and are framing them.

From Syria to Libya to Iraq, you should be hard pressed to believe what you're told.

I just find it hard to believe, with my military career, that video footage of Iran sabotaging a boat would be made available to the public in a matter of hours... Military surveillance isn't put out to justify tweets by a president.
Yeah, I straight up don't believe that and if true, probably some LT trying to be somebody, but all the NCOs and Soldiers laugh at them. No way an AntiAmerica served...well maybe for the skills, which is kinda scary considering the mental state..

You make less and less sense.

But sure.

I guess no crises with Iran this month! We gotta find a new to justify the arms sales to Saudi that got shut down by the senate 55-45...

P. S. I'm a Trump voter

Trump 2020
You NEVER make any sense 😌

Which is why everyone has to correct your post.

It's good practice for new users and old ones as well, I enjoy it.

I don't care for your political affiliation or views.

You don't care yet feel compelled to comment about my political affiliations? You called me x y z, when all I've pointed out are facts.

Nothing you've said is of any value, thus you have to turn to personal insults because you know you can't make a valid point.

You can check the blocked amrs sales, you can check trumps tweets on "Iran made a very big mistake" you can check Pompeos news conference.

Don't worry, you can still save face by abandoning the thread.

So.
A. Iran didn't make any mistakes, we're down 130mil
B. The ships crew contradicted the official story
C. No military evidence would be put on Twitter to prove anything... Specially not without a review by many many people in the chain of command

D. No multi billion dollar arm sales going to the Saudis.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

yes President Trump said that Iran made a Big Mistake.

Where did President Trump say we were going to attack Iran?

if he did not say that Iran was going to be attacked, how is he "changing his mind"?

in other words, and to be succinct, WTF are you talking about?

Please link to where President Trump says what YOU think he said.

Or you can run away, and it was I that called you a Trump hater, you got that wrong as well.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Except you didn't provide facts.

Tell me, when did you "opinion" become fact?

1. You're right, Iran deliberately targeted our drone in international airspace, wow you can be "taught", fascinating.

2. Ship crew storys are subjected to errors, their accts are without merit, unless one had a camera 😌

3. This is the new age, get with the times.

4. You missed the part about not being able to muster the votes for a VETO.

Also, you're wrong about everything you posted and seriously have zero idea what you're talking about.

One simply has to take a look at the thread, you're challenged everywhere and you fail spectacularly, though I must of gotten to you, why else would you post long winded BS opinions?

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Ya..

A. Iran didn't make any mistakes

B. No arms sales

C. No one batted an eye at all the "proof" Pompeo presented

D. Trump couldn't scare a fly.

Moral of the story, Iran got away with 3 ship explosions and one blown up US drone in " international waters"

Iran must know people...

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennzs.

You seriously don't see an issue with attacking an unarmed aircraft in international airspace? Seriously?
edit on 6/20/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
a reply to: Zaphod58

It shows that God is on their side. I remember sitting through briefings in the early 80's about this. It is their belief that if they are able to pull off something like this without repercussions it is because God is on their side and they are in his favor. So what have we done? For years we have let them get away with it. They have punched the "Great Satan" in the nose and he has done nothing. Allah wills.

Hang on, we are busy turning the other cheek

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I guess the question now is "Is the US telling the truth about the position". Our government has been known to lie about and attempt to cover up events.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

As has the Iranian government. So far, the only evidence out there shows that it was over the water at impact.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennzs.

You seriously don't see an issue with attacking an unarmed aircraft in international airspace? Seriously?

Ask Trump the same question.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I'm not talking about Trump. You're the one that seems to think that Iran did nothing wrong here. You really don't see an issue here?
edit on 6/20/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

a reply to: Arnie123

Ya..

B. No arms sales

C. No one batted an eye at all the "proof" Pompeo presented

D. Trump couldn't scare a fly.

Moral of the story, Iran got away with 3 ship explosions and one blown up US drone in " international waters"

Iran must know people...

I've already disputed those and repeating them doesn't get you anywhere.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: blackbird9393 Would not surprise me if the Global Hawk was purposely put up there to gain intel into Iran’s air defense system. The Global Hawk is pretty worthless intel capability wise. The only reason it still flies today is politics. It was slated for retirement but pork barrel politicians brought it back to life again. As an intel collection platform we have much better. To put it up in the air to test and identify Iranian air defense locations is it’s best utility.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join