It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘I Was in Control:’ Grandmother Holds Suspect at Gunpoint Until Authorities Arrive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
WTG Granny ! The only thing I wish she had not done is fire into the air, as what goes up can come down with very unpleasant results.. She would probably be charged with negligent discharge in a few gun hating democratic controlled districts but luckily that is not going to happen in this case..

“He wouldn’t get down, so I shot in the air,” Marcia Black told WPMI. “And he realized I meant business, so he got on his knees.”

There is also this article at the provided link: "Mom of 2 Saves the Day, Shoots Gunman Near School".

The 42-year-old was captured on camera gunning down Elivelton Neves Moreira, 21, outside a school in Sao Paulo. The suspect is seen armed with a handgun and was approaching a crowd of children and their parents, it was reported.

But Sastre pulled out a pistol and opened fire several times, sidestepped as he tried to aim at her, and then placed her body weight on his back. She is also seen kicking the gun away.

So all in all not a bad day for the good guys/girls !
www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This doesn't make any sense. Grandparents ceased to exist in 2006 when Pluto was declassified as a planet.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Yeah Young Feller , We " Grups " know a Thing or Two about Defensive Arms Measures .......)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Opposing the second amendment is what morons do

Some weak, gutless societies are even (trying) to confiscate firearms (and failing, miserably, see New Zealand)

This woman should have just shot him straight in the bladder to ‘show she meant business’

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

That link you provided is all over the place. Not about the granny, but the second article. This claims it happened in Brazil, yet the Youtube video claims West London. Unless there's a west London, Brazil I didn't know of, who knows what if anything else is accurate.

Local Alabama link to the Grandmother story...
Grandma holds suspect at gunpoint until deputies arrive in Limestone County

Not sure about the other.

edit on 6/19/2019 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Criminals should have their guns taken away and those who have done certain crimes that would merit them a risk with a gun should not be allowed to own a gun. Those who are good people should be allowed to protect themselves from Criminals and irate bears and raccoons.....or the squirrel trying to chew a whole into your house.

I am glad that that woman did not have to shoot the guy, that could look bad on her reputation score on Mylife.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
There is also this article at the provided link: "Mom of 2 Saves the Day, Shoots Gunman Near School".

Moms Demand will probably include that incident in their school shootings count for the year. Gotta inflate the numbers somehow.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   

This is why guns are a great tool for defense.

That being said it's sad that no one lives with their grandparents. So many grandparents all alone.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

That link you provided is all over the place. Not about the granny, but the second article. This claims it happened in Brazil, yet the Youtube video claims West London. Unless there's a west London, Brazil I didn't know of, who knows what if anything else is accurate.

Local Alabama link to the Grandmother story...
Grandma holds suspect at gunpoint until deputies arrive in Limestone County

Not sure about the other.

Even if it's fake news this event has happened in some form before. There's probably an old lady saving herself from attack with a gun right now somewhere.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Considering there are over 5,000 defensive gun uses in the US alone, things like this happen all the time and is never national news.

The NY post also has the story.
nypost.com...
edit on 20-6-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: EternalSolace

Considering there are over 5,000 defensive gun uses in the US alone, things like this happen all the time and is never national news.

The NY post also has the story.
nypost.com...

The reason is because it flies in the face of the anti-gun narrative that the MSM and anti-2nd amendment folks want you to hear. It shows that guns are not "bad", but people are bad.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I am glad that that woman did not have to shoot the guy, that could look bad on her reputation score on Mylife.

I think she would have been fine. From EternalSolace's linked article:

Marcia Black is the mother of Limestone County District Three Commissioner Jason Black

He picked the wrong house to show up at.

new topics

top topics

join