It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blind Gaming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This could go with gaming, but it is kinda neat beyond video games alone. It's also about the person, not the game.

There is the phrase playing a game 'blind.' This means someone is approaching a game for the first time and has little to no prior knowledge or expectations.

But then I found a gamer who walks the walk. He is actually blind.

He has learned to pay special attention to the nuance and atmosphere of the game's sounds, along with a lot of trial and error, to progress. In the video posted below, this particular game is known for its high level of difficulty, and the comments section is just like me, amazed. I had to dig a little deeper, and found a full playthrough of Zelda Ocarina.

Just listening to his interview, you can tell he isn't at all marred or deterred by his loss of sight. Truly impressive!

edit on 19-6-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Wow, very cool and impressive!

I had a great aunt who was blinded from a childhood illness (probably 1920s/30s), and was always fascinated by the ability of those who lost sight or hearing "tuning up" other senses - most of which is really thought processes. I still think of Aunt Helen every time I close my eyes outside at night and listen to the faint sounds in the distance become more pronounced.

new topics

join