It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"How about the Democratic Party pay for all the misery brought to my race"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SilentSaturn
a reply to: DBCowboy

How is it moronic? I was basically saying statues aren't books. Have fun insulting me while glorifying your idol statues of racist confederates. I'm sure you're one of those who think racism wasn't a big deal in the u.s. Let met guess? You'll say "white people were slaves too" next.

Typical racist apologist.

Question - Are you an American Citizen ? If not , Every Post you made on this Thread is Irrelevant .
edit on 19-6-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Put it in a history museum then. I'm not asking to ban statues... just remove them from public view. Add in positive statues.

Look at Christopher Columbus. He was WIDELY celebrated in the public sphere, and yet mass information was spread about him. Statues do NOTHING to do spread truth.

edit on 19-6-2019 by SilentSaturn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
Anybody notice how delusional Dems are getting. I mean, its really getting dangerously bad now. The amount of "I know you are" kindergarten turnabout just on this site by Dems is pretty scary. I guess when your party is failing hard theres not much left for you.

They are disappointed cuz Barack Obama, the first black president, did not push even a little bit to Grant reparations over a long 8 year presidency.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Says the person who believes in the Q fairy tale... I know democrats suck lately, but the level of blind whole-heart ignorance of republicans who believe trump is the messiah is ridiculous.

Prove us right on Q and you got my attention mate.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The problem with the idea of reparations aside from the usual counter arguments is that you cannot hand anyone who makes consistently poor money management decisions a one-time wad of cash and expect it to fix anything about their lives expect for on an extremely temporary basis. I have relatives who are proof of that.

The only way such a hair-brained scheme would work is if this were an ongoing entitlement payout, and in order to erase the wealth gap, it would have to be substantial.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: SilentSaturn

Another moronic post.

You don’t even know my skin color.

But because I defend free expression you leftists call me racist.

You defend free expression and free speech leftists don't like....so "Racist".

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

How would you tax it?

You can’t just tax white people and give the money to black people.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Another moronic post.

Ummm... isn’t selective censorship based on skin color ummmm. . . . .racist?

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I'm guessing everyone's taxes would have to go up and then a special category of entitlement would have to be created for the continual disbursement idea. Or you would have some sort of one-time payout like the tax refunds otherwise.

But the only way to erase the wealth gap for poor money managers would be a substantial continuous dole of money.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Another moronic post.

Ummm... isn’t selective censorship based on skin color ummmm. . . . .racist?

See...THAT Right there!
Knock it off...before you offend another Leftist, Adolf.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Freedom of speech...until it bothers the mob, eh?

Freedom of speech is actually, pay attention now, you saying things that make me want to throw up...get all nauseous and stuff, yet at the end of the day, I still defend your right to say it--I just carry a bag with me.

Those southern statues are history, or rather they commemorate history--sometimes events, or people, that are not someone we'd ever invite over for a beer--more likely we'd want to throw things at them...

History is ugly. History is beautiful. It's our story...to blank out any of it, because it makes for uncomfortable silences, or reading...is to be doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

But you couldn’t tax black people to pay for their own reparations so tax cuts would have to go in effect based on skin color.

Which sounds really racist.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Nope. They'll rob Peter to pay, well, Peter...never mind that they're robbing Paul, too.

Hmm...somethings wrong with this picture...can't quite put my finger on it.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

How is it moronic? I was basically saying statues aren't books. Have fun insulting me while glorifying your idol statues of racist confederates. I'm sure you're one of those who think racism wasn't a big deal in the u.s. Let met guess? You'll say "white people were slaves too" next.

Typical racist apologist.

Question - Are you an American Citizen ? If not , Every Post you made on this Thread is Irrelevant .

Ironic comment considering the author of the OP isn't even American.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

But you couldn’t tax black people to pay for their own reparations so tax cuts would have to go in effect based on skin color.

The whole thing is absolutely racist which is, of course, one of the original arguments against it. If we were going to do it, the time for it was right after we got rid of slavery not now, generations later when it's darn near impossible to tell who's related to who/what and no alive was directly involved anyhow.
edit on 19-6-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Put it in a history museum then. Sorry if i dont want to celebrate a racist slavery in a town square....

Then don't celebrate it.

I don't know, but I'd rather a society that doesn't crumble within its own insecurity everytime something offends it.

Succumbing to the feelings of the weak only serves to weaken them further.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust
Prove us right on Q and you got my attention mate.

If you already believe most of what Q says, why should I, or anyone else, "prove us right"?

An illogical request mate.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I wonder, do the brave folks who risked their lives helping escaping slaves figure into reparations...if so, I want my check, because I had ancestors that helped run an Underground Railroad route into Canada.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

It sounds to me that tanning salons might be a great investiment if this was the case.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

How would you tax it?

You can’t just tax white people and give the money to black people.

Would someone who is 3/1000th African American qualify?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join